Girlfriends - I Have To Rant Here

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, I loved reading it. Other people's drama is so much better than my own :D

Sounds like you came to a good conclusion after all of it, too. Bummer about the guy not stepping up to the plate, though.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this totally confirms my suspicion that dude is a bit of a weenie. Sorry, but nobody should expect a 3rd party to insert themselves into drama just so they don't have to just say "No thanks" and experience an awkward minute. Not cool of the dude.
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.

This.
    And her face.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Suddenly have plans on Saturday.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would ask your "guy friend" to invite you and then you tell her that you are having brunch with him. She will be so shocked. That will show her.
  • SweetMelisa85
    SweetMelisa85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

This...
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Cut that ***** loose and make sure she knows her place!!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the up date.
    I would say sorry it didn't work out but I wouldn't mean it. He's a weinie head and she ain't even got started good. She's TROUBLE.
    Good luck to you.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    and yes, thanks for the update. I hate it when people post a huge story and then don't post the resolution :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options

bahaha!! seriously great option there!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

^^^ this! hilarious and effective!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Can I point something out to those insulting and berating Peachy?

On one side, she has a guy who she is interested in dating and supposedly he's also interested in her. On the other is a "friend" who is lying to her and trying to move in a said man.

The man doesn't have the cajones to say no to the lying, deceiving friend and wants the girl he wants to date to get in the middle and do it for him.

I'd say Peachy was just too disgusted and annoyed by them both to be the go-between for the guy and in the end, she probably thought he got what he deserved. I think so, too.

Agreed!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Yep I woulda ditched him too.
    He's shown that he can't stand up for himself and the whole relationship would be you babying him emotionally and fighting his battles.
    If he didn't want the date he should have just said no. Too bad.

And that friend, I'd start putting salt in her coffee at work. B*tch.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    thanks for the update. I would agree you handled it beautifully. Work relationships are difficult at best. I learned the hard way not to socialize or date people I work with. When I broke that personal rule it always came back and bit me in the butt. Now just be sweet and nice, and unavailable/distant. You do still have to work with these people.

Glad MFP is here for you to vent anonymously!
  • clynettehaynes
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

apparently, she has noticed some sort of relationship possibilities between you and this guy or she wouldnt feel she has to lie to you about meeting him. so, she either knows how you feel because you have told her, or....she hasnoticed signs and body language that leads her to believe this.
    i was in a situation like this. my friend made a conscious effort to make plays for my guy. he responded favorably, they hid it from me. i found out by accident because i overheard a conversation they were having when they thought i was asleep. they have been married for twenty years now....and im certainly glad i didnt end up with him. he is a jerk.

i would probably follow her and then sit down with them and invite myself to brunch. after all, he assumed it would be the three of you anyway. he actually accepted cause he thought you were going to be there too.
    Like I said, I have no problem at all with them meeting for brunch. I do have a problem with her thinking she needs to lie to me about where she's going, after staying at my house!
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    thanks for the update :-) and don't sweat what everyone says you should've done and shoudn't have done...... you handled it the way you wanted to and that's all that matters. and you deserve better..... friends that is. that girl is a hot mess. :drinker:
  • amrita0286
    Options
    You girls are too funny LMAO
    I can't stop laughing at some of these comments
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options

^said it the best. This is why I don't like to hang around with girls.