Internet Dating

Options
13»

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I dated a guy from OkCupid. Still living with his mom, which isn't so bad in this economy. He was bipolar as well. Jealous, clingy and would take food off of my plate because "girls shouldn't eat that much." Oh and turns out he was a convicted rapist, who was on probation. It was statutory but still. Not fun having to hide in his closet when his probation officer would show up at random. He broke up with me because his mommy didn't like me. He was 24 years old. At the time I was upset but now I thank her for getting me outta that mess, as I had no idea how to break up with him without him going psycho on me. >.<
  • sparkerwallace
    sparkerwallace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I met my wife online, and several of my friends have found their significant others from the same site. I've also dated plenty of people online before I met my wife. That being said, you'd think I would have more stories. Unfortunately, the only one I've got is the time i was messaged by a girl who seemed to self-identify as a dragon. Not in a furry sort of way, or a "my alter-ego is a" kind of way, but in an "I'm a dragon who was born in the body of a human" kind of way.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have had terrible luck with online dating! Most of the guys that want to meet me are jobless or missing teeth.... I guess I must attract that sort! LOL

I did go on one interesting date though.... he showed up and was about 6" shorter than he said he was. He was also disabled....which is fine, but it would have been nice to be prepared. He then decided to tell me all about his other dates from the same site, including the one he had the weekend before where he had mind blowing sex with the woman...

Ummm.... yeah....

I left.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have so many!!!

The first guy I ever met online seemed really great. We talked and texted for 2 weeks. I was so excited for our first date. We went for a walk on one of the city trails. Aftwards he tells me, "we can have sex but I would never date you because you are too chubby".

Another guy and I skipped the phone phase and met for dinner and a movie. When I got to thre resturant he was WAY shorter than me and his voice was at least 3 octives higher than mine. Throughout dinner he only talked about himself. At this point I wanted to just get to the movie so I could get the date over with. We decided to take one car, apparently I shut the door a little too hard and he gasped. He looked at the dashboard and kind of petted it and said, "she is sorry Betsy she didn't mean to". I had my friend text me that my son had a fever after that.

Then I met a guy online and I was 30 minutes late for our first date. Our second date he accidentatly gave me a black eye. However we ended up dating over 2.5 years.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I met a girl once online who showed up with 80s hair, larry the cable guy shirt, ripped jeans with ink writing on them, sorel boots and had a big gulp fool of booze and was hammered when I met her. Beleive it or not this was one of the better ones. lol
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    I don't have a detailed or train-wreck story.. But I tackled his *kitten* to the ground when we first met. :)

Sweetest guy I've ever known.

Aw that's cute :-P
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't have a detailed or train-wreck story.. But I tackled his *kitten* to the ground when we first met. :)

Sweetest guy I've ever known.

Aw that's cute :-P

You're just jealous.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I've only ever dated my husband after meeting online... it was a 2nd marriage for both of us and I figure we cut out at least 6 months worth of dating by cutting through all the dealbreaker info right off the bat. Then, being 400km apart we were forced to talk on the phone 2-3 hours/night and get to know one another way better than if we'd been in person... when we'd see one another we didn't talk as much :blushing:

We met in August 2010, were engaged in October 2010 and married April 2011.

He's my knight in shining armor and came to whisk me and my 2 boys off our feet...

So I guess I have no crappy or funny online dating stories. Just a happy one.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I met a girl once online who showed up with 80s hair, larry the cable guy shirt, ripped jeans with ink writing on them, sorel boots and had a big gulp fool of booze and was hammered when I met her. Beleive it or not this was one of the better ones. lol

O lord.....now this is why i'm scared to death to try this online dating thing!! lol WOW!