NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. I hate weekends. I realized that is when I eat the most. I have two junk food junkies in the house from Thursday evening to Monday morning. The only exercise I get is from walking. Still that is good, it's movement. But I did fairly good. The only junk food I had was twizzlers, one ice cream sandwhich, and one sugar cookie. I'm learning to say no and slowly bringing in healthy snacks for my junkers. I'm doing better each day. Thanks to MFPs.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey, Y'all. I made it back home last night and after I catch up my laundry and sleep I will be back on participating again.:yawn:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am glad that i found this post !
    I am finally back to work now after recovering from surgery .
    I have lost 12 pounds since june and i have 66 more to go ~!
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    Bump! Have to remember where this is!

I wish after lunch went way faster than it is! I'm ready to pass out.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! The thread went super fast.

I am pleased to announce that I put an offer in on a house this morning. I will know this week if it was accepted or not. I think there is a good chance it will be but I did ask for a garage to be built in the purchase agreement.

I got walking in this weekend but not a decent pace...lolly gagging around the mall of America for a few hours Friday night, house hunting Sat and more lolly gagging on Sunday.

Wow! I just realized school starts on 8/27/12 for me and I have to really hard classes this semester.
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Had to document a close escape. I really have not been tempted really since February but today, OMG, this gluten-free celiac had a trial by fire for sure. I went to Whole Foods to pick up some fruit/veg, turkey burgers, almond milk........that's it. BUT the store wasn't crowded and I actually looked around a bit. HUGE MISTAKE. I wandered into an area that had all types of gluten-free yummies I'd never seen before: mini cupcakes, carrot cake, cheesecake, crumpets, pita bread, English muffins, etc., etc. It was horrible---wonderful and horrible at the same time. All of these items GLUTEN-FREE, right in front of me. And folks, I knew I can't eat this stuff, it just triggers me to overeat AND I cannot afford it. Heck, I can barely afford just plain old healthy food. I stood there for a long time with the Devil standing on my shoulder.

I'm home now, didn't buy anything and I'm having some mini carrots and low sodium V-8 juice.

Sorry, had to share with someone.

Lin

Lin, that is an amazing story! I wish I had that kind of will power. I bought a homemade strawberry cake at the Farmer's market on Saturday. I haven't eaten any yet, but I want to so badly. I may just tell my bf that he can have the whole darn thing.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think....everyone should add me!!
  • Jadsiat
    Jadsiat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. I haven't posted for a couple of days because I am on vacation. We are in the north woods of Wisconsin. Very scenic and very quiet. We have seen many, many ducks, loons, deer and chipmonks. I have been having a few stomach problems but my DH says it is anxiety. We have the whole family here, three daughters, husbands (except one) and two grandchildren. It if very different being all together so I have been aa little more nervous than normal. I will try to post a little more often but if not, I will definitely be back "gung ho" next week. I hope everyone has a losing week.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In :flowerforyou:

Well I'm still alive. I'm physically and mentally exhausted from having to take care of 2 homes, 3 cats (one that is on meds), my mother who is still in the hospital, and my sister who has MS. My sister has been the biggest obstacle so far. She refuses to let me care for her and has turned into a raving mad women :grumble: . She's become physically and verbally abusive towards me every time I try to take care of the things that my mother helps her with. She seems to think that she can live on her own and does not need any help. The last time she lived on her own was 7 years ago and landed in the pysch ward because she could not keep all her meds straight. My biggest fear is that she will end up there again.

My mother had surgery to repair a badly fractured leg last Thursday. She has advanced bone cancer which apparently caused the fracture. The surgery went well but we are still waiting for test results that will tell how badly the cancer has spread. Hopefully she will be moved to the rehab center tomorrow or Wednesday and who knows how long she will be there. At least the rehab center is 2 blocks from her house so I don't have to drive all the way downtown to care for her.

Despite all that has been going on the past week I did get to the gym and work out twice last week and I was able to get an hour in this morning. I got a lovely email from trainer #2 yesterday telling me that she did not feel that she could help me with my leg issues any more and to basically find a new trainer. THAN YOU VERY MUCH . . . . I spend $600 on training sessions with her and she dumps me as a client. That's real professional . . . :mad: I guess it's back to trainer #1 not that he does any real "training" but at least he has been able to focus on finding ways to help with my leg.

I've given up on logging my food for now. I have not gained any weight since I stopped logging and actually lost a pound last week. This is probably due to not having time to eat much and sorry everyone who works in hospitals but the food there sucks.

It sounds like the construction workers are done jack hammering the cement below my bedroom door (OK . . maybe not :grumble: ). I was going to say that I was going to try and take a nap because I am so tired :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: . Guess not . . .
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in: I stepped on the scale and it's saying I've lost quite a bit of weight in approximately 3 weeks. I'm anticipating that I'm going to end up hitting a plateau soon if this keeps up but I'm not going to give in. I suspect that a lot of it is water weight right now though.

I did ok over the weekend. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped though. I didn't have much food in the house so I didn't do so well on my food journal, but I did the best I could. No lie though, I've been feeling kind of crappy this weekend too. :/ I can feel a sinus infection coming on and I know it's gonna move to my chest eventually- it always does.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @bellawares - you are a saint to be looking after both your mother and your sister, and both houses and sets of animals. I am sorry your sister has turned on you. I know you usually get along well. I pray that they don't find any more progression of the bone cancer in your mother and that having her in the rehab center eases your burden somewhat. I hope there is some agency that can intervene if your sister becomes more difficult, for your sake. Good for you for continuing to exercise and for having a weight loss. You are an incredible woman. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @bella--ditto what robin said! sending you (((hugs))) of support as you deal with so much on your plate.

@holly--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the house deal goes through!

@kris and angelika--welcome back! :flowerforyou:

@evan--I noticed on your profile that you want to "live an active lifestyle"--could some of your rewards be doing some of those activities? For example, find a scenic hiking trail that you'd like to try out and do it as your reward. If it's close to home, it would be free or at least very low-cost (may be a small fee to enter the park plus the gas to get there).
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @evan--I don't do a lot of rewards, but the one I have done is allowing myself to spend a little bit on new clothes. Through most of my 50+ lb loss, I have been able to just shop in my own closet or relied on hand-me-downs from my sister (she is also losing weight and has consistently been a size smaller than me which has worked out well for my clothes budget :happy: ). However, this summer I did a little bit of shopping at outlets and Good Will as a reward for my hard work. Yes, it required I spend some money, but it was necessary so I'm ok with that. The motorcycle trip sounds like a great idea! My only other rewards are signing up for 5ks b//c I really enjoy them.

Buying clothes isn't something I really enjoy (as i'm sure most guys can relate to) but I will say I am probably going to enjoy it a bit more when I've lost enough weight to necessitate a wardrobe change!

For those that didn't see my post on the other thread, I'm looking for low cost/no cost incentives to set for myself at certain mile markers. I've got quite a big goal, so I'm thinking I'll do 25lb intervals. As mentioned, my wife and I will celebrate with a motorcycle trip when I get to 50lbs (only 39 more to go!). I guess we could just do another trip each time, haha.

IDEAS greatly appreciated! Examples below.

25lbs lost -
    50lbs lost - motorcycle trip with wife
    75lbs lost -
    100lbs lost -
    125lbs lost -
    150lbs lost - second honeymoon

Hi Evan - I read on a previous post of yours that you just got a new bike seat - so i assume you're a biker (like me). A reward I set for myself when i hit 225lbs is a bike jersey. They're pretty expensive, but worth it. I just wanted to make sure I get down to a size that I could get a good long use out of that size. I know you said you're not into clothes, but since it is such a specialty shirt it might be a good one for you.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Lin - WOOHOO! Great job fighting temptation! I know what you mean... That store sucks me in every time. I am not GF, but a good friend is GF in addition to being a serious foodie. I am amazed at some of the terrific and tasty foods that have come out lately. The gluten free choices remind me that there are options with almost anything... in most cases, I can replace something tasty and not so good for me, with something tasty AND healthy. :happy: This makes me happy, because I really love food. :happy:

@doug- Keep your chin up- and perhaps toss that evil scale, in favor of the tape measure for a little while. I am currently ignoring both of these nasty contraptions. :grumble: You CAN do this! Do not give up! :drinker:

@Christine - Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. "It's the nertz to be feeling yucky", my mother in law used to say.

@Tina - THAT IS TERRIFIC about college! Way to take life by the horns! I started back last Spring, and am currently waiting on my award to start in the Fall again. It was one of the best decisions I have made.

@MyM0wM0w - Sorry you had a rough weekend. ~hugs~ Feel better soon!

@bellawares - You are an amazing person for taking care of everyone. I hope that you are able to take some time to take care of "you" also. ~hugs~

Monday check in- I am retaining water again. :yawn: I am pretty sure it was the heat I encountered during my adventure yesterday at the Renaissance Festival.. since I know the cause, I am okay with it. I will use only my tape measure for a couple of days, because she is much kinder and gentler than that EVIL scale.

I am still learning... as with everything, becoming healthy is an ongoing process, with many lessons along the way. I was previously blind to the fact that my Greek yogurt w/fruit has added sugar... (total sugar is 14 grams). Until someone (maybe here?) said they liked the Fage, just not the one with the fruit, because of all the sugar. What's funny about this is that I have become really great at reading labels, and my son and I compare labels on everything new we buy. The key word is "new". I have been eating the yogurt for quite some time, and always assumed it was a healthy choice. :laugh: I may be going through my cupboards this weekend and reading labels. :tongue: I will be keeping the Fage 0% plain.. and adding fresh fruit or honey.

Have a great week everyone!!! AND DRINK UP!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @shygur - Great article but I do know a few skinny people who "forget to eat". It just makes no sense to me. :huh:

@Lin - Great job passing up the gluten-free yummies. I might have caved and bought some. Why isn't there an emoticon for eating???

@Christine - Hope you feel better soon. Good walk with Belle, though, even if it was less than the night before. And congrats on teh 2 lb weight loss!! :flowerforyou:

@mnwalking - Good luck on the house!

@bellawares - Glad your mom's surgery went well. And YES hospital food does suck!!! :grumble:

Monday check in - I worked all weekend so I ate pretty well. Brought main lunch with me and bought a salad (at the hospital cafeteria) to go with it. Today, though, another story. I'm still under my goals but I had 2 beers after a long day at the Apple store helping my mom get a new computer and an overpriced dinner that wasn't all that good. But I worked out this morning so I'm not going to worry about it. Tomorrow will probably be an alcohol-free day (but it all depends on what kind of day I have at work).
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Way to go with the close call. I can totally understand being tempted I went to bed last night early just because the kitchen was calling my name.

i do that all the time. pretty much every time i'm tempted to eat late at night i just go to bed instead.
    Just to add I have finally submitted my application for financial aid for College. It has been submitted now just waiting on the college to contact me and go from there and see what happens! VERY nervous/excited. If I get to go it will be Spring 2013.

ohh fun. i don't know if you went to college when you were younger, but keep in mind it is much harder with children. it was a terrible shock to me when i went back to school with young children to finish my degree :laugh: just allow yourself extra time to get every single thing done.
    I had a really rough weekend. Was feeling very down and isolated...a bit lonely. For once I was REALLY thankful to be broke, or a trip for junk food would have happened.

this is what i do when i'm depressed or lonely too. >:( i wish i didn't but it happens.
    Hey, Y'all. I made it back home last night and after I catch up my laundry and sleep I will be back on participating again.:yawn:

there you are! welcome back.
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I made it to the gym tonight. I ran for a total of 3.5 minutes and walked for 21.5 plus a 10 minute cool down on the stationary bike. It felt so good to run again. I've been going slow b/c I'm scare of my knee. I feel like from a cardiovascular point of view I could have gone longer running, but I have surgery all day tomorrow so I didn't want to over do it tonight and pay for it tomorrow.

Food wise, I really need to get an indoor grill this week. I LOVE to cook meat but since my roommate moved out and took her George Foreman and gas grill, I haven't but cooking meat very often. So I guess I will be shopping around online this week and finding the cheapest place to get a grill!
  • Suz_8589
    Suz_8589 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well, Monday check in. I have been doing Power 90 for 11 days now and started Slim in six 30 days ago. When I first started about a month ago I could barely walk on the treadmill for more than 2 minutes without feeling winded let alone attempt to jog for more than 20 sec. Today I got on the treadmill for fun and decided to see if I had improved. I was on the treadmill for 10 minutes and for 6 of those minutes I was able to jog!!!!! Ekkkkk
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    @bella - I'll be thinking about you. You're taking on more than most people can imagine but you're also finding time to take care of yourself. I hope when you get some sleep that you dream pleasant things :flowerforyou:

@Tara - Glad to hear you had fun at Holiday World! I used to live in Indiana but never made it down there. You're posts reminded me that I haven't been on a roller coaster in over 10 years. Good luck with school!! You're going to have such a great time!!

@skinnyjeanz - Thanks for the encouragement! How did your race go last week? (was it last week or two weeks ago? I'm starting to lost track of my days :embarassed: )

@Robin - I'm glad to be back :bigsmile:

Have a great evening everyone! See you tomorrow! :happy: