Hungry like a wolf in the morning.

Options
When I wake up in the morning, I'm SO hungry. I try to eats lots of protein like greek yogurt and almonds or boiled eggs, but I still wake up with my stomach growling. Does this happen to anyone else? Could I be a little hyperglycemic in the morning?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little dehydrated too? Trying drinking a big glass of water too.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Could it be because you are part wolf?

I would think eating something complex and a little heavier before bed would help a lot. Maybe a small cup of steel cut oats or something. It could be you're dessert and help you fall asleep easier.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you're satisfied when you go to bed, and you're not waking up in the middle of the night starving, then all is well.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you're satisfied when you go to bed, and you're not waking up in the middle of the night starving, then all is well.

This ^
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry in the morning. You are supposed to be. You just fasted for 8-10 hours. So eat up!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Except im more like a bear! lol Just try and make decent choices.
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    I am so surprised at all the people who don't eat breakfast! I EAT like a wolf in the morning! lol I can get up to 500 cal for breakfast, gets my day going right. I think that if you are not going to bed with your stomach growling and you are not waking up in the middle of the night from hunger it is just a sign of a nice fast metabolism :) I love my breakfasts, it is my favorite, and biggest, meal of the day :) ( I have read that is a healthy thing) ;)
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    Unless it's waking you up in the middle of the night, you should be fine (just try to make good choices when you are feeling insatiable). Some people wake up around 3 am or experience lower quality of sleep because of a natural blood sugar drop in the night. If it is affecting your sleep quality have some protein and complex carbs before bed (maybe some peanut butter). My boyfriend experiences this so he supplements his protein in the evening (after work) with a "time-released" protein powder (He uses Allmax - Hexapro) .
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Try eating some casien protein. If you are against supplementing with shakes then get it from milk. It is a slower digesting protein that might help you.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I used to not be a breakfast person at ALL. I hated the thought of eating when I woke up. When I was in high school and most of college, I never ate anything until lunch and wasn't ever hungry before then.

Now (at 25), I eat biiiig breakfasts. I COULD eat as soon as I get up, but for time's sake, I usually wait until I'm partially ready for work or sometimes on the way to work. As a matter of fact, my breakfast today (overnight oats with peanut butter, banana, and raisins) was higher calorie than my dinner, and pretty comparable in protein. It pretty much just makes me feel better for the entire day.

So, I wake up starving, too. Makes sense, since I've usually gone about 10 hours without eating. Imagine doing that between noon and 10p.m.... makes me irritable just thinking about it. I doubt it's anything to worry about medically, especially not if you've changed your activity level lately. Your body just needs more fuel.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Try listening to music in the morning, maybe some Duran Duran will help.
  • Msbutton
    Options
    I think like everyone said ..its normal..if your not going to be hungry and not waking up in the middle of the night there isnt aproble..its normal. I am a huge fan of breakfast and try my best to eat no longer than an hour after I wake.. and I do tend to eat bigger breakfast than any other meal.