NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In:

I had a pretty good weekend. I went over Friday night, but I'm okay with it because I was celebrating and it was under 200 cals. :) I was under today after I exercised and I was under Saturday and Sunday night even though I REALLY wanted some sweet potato fries. (I

I had a major NSV this morning. I was getting ready for work and realized that I didn't wash any of my school pants this weekend. Oops! I was debating on what to do when I opened my closet and saw my pair of "too small" khakis hanging up in the back of the room. Obviously they were hanging there for a reason, because I haven't worn them for almost 3 yrs. I decided it was worth a shot and pulled them out and ironed them. I then decided to see if they fit. And THEY DID! I can now start pant shopping in the "restricted" section of my closet! I'm so excited! :)

Other than that, I started my second week of school today and whereas I'm usually the one dragging out exhausted at the end of the day, it hasn't been that way at all. My students sure left that way though. I'm starting to think I got this year under my thumb. If I can keep it that way, I'm going to have a great year! :D

Hope everyone has a great week! I love reading all of your successes. They inspire me so much! For those hurting, I'm praying for you. :)

~ Jana
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Annie, Kris and Angelika- Welcome back, so happy that you found us again.

Rewards- Go to a park and have a picnic or take a bike ride. We have a local park that has paddle boats or canoes available for rent that could be a reward. You may also want to consider clothes shopping as a rewards since as you lose weight your body shape and size will change. I know I now have fun buying clothes these days.

I admit it I should go to the gym tonight but I am just not in the mood to workout. I am sore from yesterday's workout and just don't have the energy. I will do something tomorrow either in the morning or afternoon depending on how my day goes.

I did get my Wednesday wish early- I went shopping today and was able to fit into pants that were a size smaller (14) than last summer (16). It was my favorite brand but I did pick out some brighter colors this year. It's funny, some brands I am okay with wearing a slightly larger size and others I will refuse. I guess I know some fabrics will stretch. The ones that didn't fit quite right were not the ideal size for the brand. Overall, a good day.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie & jana--congrats on the smaller sized pants!!! :drinker:

@annie--the 5k was a week ago Thurs, and it was super-fun, but I didn't have a very good time. :ohwell:

@nichols & sswan--congrats on the running victories!! :smile:

Monday Check-in:
    Well I went to the gym today for day 2/10 consecutive days of running. Did some weights 1st and then jumped on the treadmill. I decided to do some speed intervals since I haven't done those in a few weeks. Last time I managed 6 mph for 3 minute intervals with 90 sec. walking breaks in btwn. Today, I decided to try 5 minute intervals and you know what? I did it and it actually wasn't even that bad--I mean I was tired by the end of my 25 minutes on the treadmill, but I didn't feel like I was dying. :bigsmile:

After that I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike--was gonna do 20, but my thighs were screaming at me!

EDIT!!!
    Almost forgot to mention that when I weighed in at the gym, I was down another pound!!! :drinker: I hope the loss of 2 pounds in 3 weeks means I'm finally past that awful plateau. I was looking at my progress to compare last summer to this summer. Last summer, I lost 11 lbs during the 10 weeks of summer break. This summer, I've lost 3 (still have one week left, so I guess it's possible I'll drop again, but not likely). I wish my weight was still dropping at that faster pace, but I realize that part of the reason it's slowed is b/c I'm so much closer to a healthy weight now--it's hard to be angry about it when I frame it that way. :wink:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: Weekend was good. I realized I don't eat meals, but snack all day. I stayed within my calories though so I'm OK with that. I took a break Saturday from exercising since I had gone 6 straight days. It was WAY too hot on Sunday (108) to walk so I decided to swim in my pool for 30 minutes. I miss swimming and think I'll do it more often before the weather changes.

Of course, this AM was not how I had planned. I needed to go get my right twin smashed as a follow up, but they messed up their communication (film versus disc). 2 hours wasted. Grrrr!!! I rescheduled at a different place for Friday. I'm sure it's nothing, but better to be safe than sorry. Save the ta-ta's!! Life is good though. No complaints.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Lin That is great how you resist all those treats.
    @Bella its amazing how you take care of so many big hug

Monday this past weekend went good for the most part. Able to eat when truly hungry not just eating to eat
    Workouts. Went good. NSV. I think subway stopping when it was enough not keep eating and not giving into emotional eating.
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Happy Monday all... I ate unplanned foods Saturday and Sunday, but I logged every bite. Today was back on track eating planned food choices. Rough week ahead at work, so I need to make sure I pack and take my good foods with me for lunch so I don't go all day without eating then make bad choices because I'm hungry and overwhelmed.

Wishing every one a good night's rest....
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, folks!
    Monday check in - still here, still plugging along. :laugh:

@Bella - *big hugs* - sounds like you deserve a little 'you' time thrown in - so congrats for sticking with the program under all that!

More later...........
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In - this is my first weigh in in 2 weeks, and I've lost 3 lbs. WOOT! I'm almost back to my all time low. I have my calories set to lose 1 lb a week, so i'm proud of myself for getting back up on the wagon, and exceeding my August goal of eating veggies 4x week. I'm currently swimming every 3 days.

It looks like everyone is happy this Monday - the mood is infective. It put a smile on my face to read through the posts and see all the greetings, so Happy Monday everyone :flowerforyou: !
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Monday check in- The leg cramps dissipated and now my calf is just a little sore. I'm continuing eating foods high in potassium. I don't really know if that is the problem, or if I strained it last week at the gym. I would have thought that if it was potassium, a day or two of V-8s and bananas would have done the trick completely. I'm planning on ordering new shoes.
    I didn't weigh in this weekend. I know I should, but I'm putting it off until next Saturday. I'm starting to think I see improvements in the mirror, though. I noticed the other day that if my posture is correct, I see my bust when glance down, but my tummy isn't protruding past it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Monday check in- The leg cramps dissipated and now my calf is just a little sore. I'm continuing eating foods high in potassium. I don't really know if that is the problem, or if I strained it last week at the gym. I would have thought that if it was potassium, a day or two of V-8s and bananas would have done the trick completely. I'm planning on ordering new shoes.
    I didn't weigh in this weekend. I know I should, but I'm putting it off until next Saturday. I'm starting to think I see improvements in the mirror, though. I noticed the other day that if my posture is correct, I see my bust when glance down, but my tummy isn't protruding past it.

If the cramping was severe enough, it could have caused some internal bruising of your calf muscle which would account for the lingering soreness.
  • JayLee5005
    JayLee5005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekend recovery mode begins....beach house weekend with husband's family celebrating a graduation, three birthdays and two anniversaries. Whew! I actually did OK with food, considering the limited choices/family-style meals...but there was margarita machine going constantly and too much wine. I was able to limit the margaritas pretty easily, just one a day...but the wine calories are a mystery to me. ;-/ Lots of activity, though...so that probably helped.

Anyway, more traveling tomorrow...so I'm really focused on water intake and keeping activity levels up...just hoping the weekend doesn't mean a gain. So great to log in here and hear everyone else's successes and struggles and stories...I'm grateful.

Happy Mond....wait, it's Tuesday already. :)
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Bella, HUGS. You need them more than any of us right now.

Toots, I hope that newsletter you got was good news! :smile:

Oh, crud, totally forgot your name (gentleman looking for on-the-cheap rewards). If you have, or have access to, tent camping gear (and you like said activity), it's pretty cheap. And fun, IMO. Not cheap if you have to buy the gear, mind you. Alternatives.... try doing something ridiculous and fun -- roller skating or ice skating, perhaps. River rafting. Kayaking. Check out a local museum. There are tons of things you could do; approach your own city (or nearby ones) as though you were a tourist, and get out there!

Monday check-in: yesterday was a total calorie blowout. Saturday was better but still bad. HOWEVER, yesterday was "potty party" day for my little one, who will be 3 soon. The entire day (literally, 7:30-6) was spent with her, her new doll, and a series of treats and party activities that revolved around teaching Dolly to use the potty and then reinforcing the same skills with the kiddo. She is now the proud wearer of big-girl underpants and a member of the Mystic Order of the Toileteers.... Her Big Kid Celebration included a very calorie-dense meal at The Old Spaghetti Factory (original location, woot!), and I have enormous appreciation for what Toots and other stay-at-home moms do daily. Honestly, as wonderful as the day was, I was just as tired (almost said "pooped," LOL) as I am after a full day at work!
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: I had a hard time eating enough calories and found myself adding 4 cookies after dinner just to get to over 1500...no where near my daily goal!

I've been exercising everyday since I started on Friday and doing either 2 or 3 miles a day usually up hill and back down. Where I live It's either up then down or down then back up either way it's a hill. Good for the calf muscles :)

Had an idea today while walking around the park that it might be fun to shoot some hoops to get some exercise. Even if it's just playing horse. And my walking partner and I want to go ride our bikes within the next few days once my Dad gets out our bikes from storage. that will be fun and will help to break up the routine.

Goodnight all... have a pleasant Tuesday whilst I'm still sleeping. (I live in Hawaii so, am behind most all of you)
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Tuesday and even its only 9am it is a good Tuesday, so this is a late addition to my earlier Monday Check In (which I think is on the last thread), but I weighed myself this morning and 7lbs down on last week....so, so happy but bemused as well (no way I should have lost this much with the over eating/drinking of last week).

So Tuesday Goals are going to stay the same as last week as they were not completed and I need to complete them and keep them going until they become habit. So for Nutrition, at least one serving of fruit or veg with every meal, and for fitness at least 5 30 minute workouts within the week.

So as part of my Tuesday Goals, I am about to head off to the gym and then food shopping (as not much in the house)...oh need to prep a snack for post gym/pre shop otherwise it will be dangerous
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: I weighed this morning and I'm right back down to 279. I'm going to refer to myself as Duncan(like the yoyo) from now on. I'm really indifferent about my weight now. I've been at this weight and want it to be lower. I'm running the way I should and I'm trying to eat the way I should. If my weight goes down so be it. If it goes up that's fine too. I have a 5k to concentrate on and don't need that stupid number to discourage me now. I think I'm going to lay off the scale for the next month and work on counting calories and getting my miles in on the road\treadmill(I hate that thing now) and weigh myself after the 5k.

5k training update: I ran last night and ran 3.2 miles! The only time I was tired was the last hill and the first mile. It's funny how that first mile is ALWAYS the hardest. Anyway I'm continuing to drink my water to get some more of this weight off of me. I drank a gallon again last night and I think the next few pounds should come off fairly easily if I do this. Wish me luck
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays goals My goal is to get back on track with eating healthier this week . I am going to wait a while before i start exercising again since i had surgery last month but i am doing alot better now !~
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal - to prep my breakfast and lunch the night before and to exercise when I get home no matter how tired I am. I thought I might have a lull at work, but then I got another bid dropped in my lap last night. It seems that when I get one out, I get 2 more.
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: I weighed this morning and I'm right back down to 279. I'm going to refer to myself as Duncan(like the yoyo) from now on. I'm really indifferent about my weight now. I've been at this weight and want it to be lower. I'm running the way I should and I'm trying to eat the way I should. If my weight goes down so be it. If it goes up that's fine too. I have a 5k to concentrate on and don't need that stupid number to discourage me now. I think I'm going to lay off the scale for the next month and work on counting calories and getting my miles in on the road\treadmill(I hate that thing now) and weigh myself after the 5k.

5k training update: I ran last night and ran 3.2 miles! The only time I was tired was the last hill and the first mile. It's funny how that first mile is ALWAYS the hardest. Anyway I'm continuing to drink my water to get some more of this weight off of me. I drank a gallon again last night and I think the next few pounds should come off fairly easily if I do this. Wish me luck

Way to go! I was off my 5k training for about a week and got back to it last night. Ran 20 minutes (about 1.4 miles...I'm really slow) and plan to run 25 minutes tonight. I need to pick up my pace or I'm not going to meet my goal of 45 minutes (race is August 25).

Tuesday Goal: I tend to second-guess almost every food-related decision I make. Many of my meals end with the thought "I wish I'd eaten something else instead." So, I've decided to give myself a mental break and just accept the decisions I make and not feel so badly if maybe I didn't choose the best, healthiest thing on the menu. I can't expect to get myself in better physical shape if I continually beat myself up over things I cannot go back and change. A preventive measure, of course, is to make better food choices to begin with :tongue:

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday! I'm excited to get back to my hotel tonight to go running :noway: (never thought I'd say that)

Cheers!
    Annie
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    Hey everyone been a few days since I was here but had a good weekend overall. We took the kids to their first pro sports event and even got to go down and walk on the field which they thought was super cool. Thanks Colts!!!! Had a good weekend food wise too and I am celebrating two successes.

1. Since I have started here I have at least been able to stop my weight gain. I have been steady since day one which is a big deal for me as I was creeping up slowly all the time and flirting with 400.... :noway:

2. I had agreat day yesterday when it comes to logging and being "good" I logged EVERY thing I ate and also logged my exercise for the day which made me come out 150 calories to the good so this was my post on my status thing....

Feel really good about yesterday's success. It's just that simple guys and gals, do what we are supposed to and the weight WILL come off. Why isn't it that easy for us?

I hope to keep up the good work. Hang in there everyone, we can do this!! :wink:

Joe
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

First, I totally forgot to wish my fellow left-handers a Happy Left Handers Day yesterday--so there it is! :drinker:

Tuesday Goals:
    I'm going to school in a bit to start prepping for classes next week. I want to get my room arranged (plan to move my desk and need to figure out how to rearrange the student desks to make this work). I also want to finish organizing the Gatsby binder I started on a month ago. When I first started teaching, I put everything in manilla file folders, but I've found that binders with sheet protectors stay better organized. Every summer I try to convert 1 or 2 of my most-used files to binders.

I'm also meeting a colleague to plan the first few weeks of our Honors American Lit course, and afterward, we are going out to lunch.

Realized we're almost half-way through the month and I haven't updated my monthly goals, so...:

August Goals:
    1. Meet a minimum of 80g of protein at least 5x/week--Week 1 = 2/7; Week 2 = 5/6; Week 3 = /7; Week 4 = /7
    2. Stick with my current calorie goal (9730/week)--I know I will be tempted to raise this once school starts--this actually dropped to 9590 b/c of weight loss and so far, so good...
    3. Gym visit or 5k at least 3x/week (this will be hard once school starts on the 22nd)--Week 1 = 3/7; Week 2 = 3/7
    4. Get back to doing core work at least 3x/week--Week 1 = 0/7; Week 2 = 2/6

I'm getting better with the protein. Really need to work on goal 4. :ohwell: