30DS Week 1, closed group.

Options
Okay girls! We have a team! If everyone could introduce themselves, that would be great. We have 5 people including me.

About me: I'm 22, 5'0", married, and have a 21 month old boy. I slowly gained weight my senior year of HS, and then a year of college, and then my first year being married; and THEN of course I was pregnant and gained 46 lbs - 30 of which I lost in the first few weeks after birth, taking me down to 181 lbs. Last summer I lost almost 10 lbs, but over the winter and the last year I gained it back, plus 10 more. I'm 190 lbs now - something I'm about to change! My "goal-weight" is 127 lbs, because that is the first time I will be in a "healthy" BMI since High School.

I'm SUPER excited to shred the next 30 days with you ladies!!!

Tomorrow is our DAY ONE! Everyone make sure to PRESS PLAY and then come tell us how you did! I know it's going to be REALLY tough tomorrow, and probably everyday actually LOL.

GO TEAM :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks Katie! I'm excited to complete the 30 *FULL* days again. It's been tough to get back on track but I'm determined. I'm 33 and I have a beautiful 5 year old girl. I've always been comfortable right around 140-150# (I'm 5'6") and I've let myself hit 160. A year ago, I lost 20+# (shred and eating in my calories) and gained back almost all of it. Not good! That's ok, because here we are...tomorrow is it! :) Look forward to supporting you through your shred!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5ft and now 170lb's, in a relationship and moved from the UK to Aus with my OH last last year. I was overweight to begin with but being lonely after the move I piled even more on.

I'm now 19lb down since Feb, my aim is to be 40lb down by Christmas (slowly but surely).

I try to gym (RPM, Pump or Combat) or do a Jillian Micheals DVD 5 days a week but have just started my Masters degree & my own business alongside working full time. I think its still doable though :happy:

Nice to meet you all! x
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS this morning, may I join this group?
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sure :) Introduce yourself and add us all as friends! :flowerforyou: We are doing 30DS and tracking our food everyday.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My name is Crystal. I joined MFP in January so far I have lost 57 pounds, I have about 40 more to lose. The last few months it has been slow. I am starting 30DS to hope to lose some and shape up my body. I will be 28 on the 27th of this month. I work 2 jobs and try to go to the gym 3 days a week and recently have set a goal to have at least some sort of "exercise" burn every day.

I started 30DS this morning and enjoyed it. For 27 minutes I burned 189 calories according to my HRM. I will be getting weights tonight.

I took before photos and they are scary I am hoping after 30 days they are less scary.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am going to start 30DS tonight (the first time I tried it killed my ankle)... can I join you all as well?
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Sure, but please no one else lol. I asked for 1-2 people and now there's like 7 of us. :laugh: Same deal as Crystal - introduce yourself and add us all as friends. :) We're also tracking our food for all 30 days.
  • monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi I know you didn't want a lot of people but I would love to join I've been having motivation problems and this will help me.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My name is Abby, I am 5'2", 33 years old and have 2 little boys (almost 4 and 1.5). My highest weight was about 207 (that I know about) LOL... I actually weighed 206 when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd and 2 days before I had him they weighed me and I was still at 206 (I lost weight in the beginning). I joined MFP in January 2012 and weighed 185. I was logged everyday until sometime in March and got down to 170. I started again in June but have plateaued at 169 since then! I want to switch things up so I am starting the 30 DS as well as doing some time at the gym. I have also been trying to take walks during my lunch break. Everything I see tells me I should be eating more than I am so I have tried upping my calories to break the plateau but that hasn't worked yet :-( either. My goal is to get down to about 130... I will get there at some point!

I will also be taking pictures throughout the 30 days, the last ones I took were on 6/12 and 7/20... Who else wants to post progress pics?
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Alright guys, today is going to be hard for me. Woke up to a painful eye infection (no idea why) and there's just too many people in this group for me to handle lol. I know we're all here to help each other though. I just gotta track even if I don't eat perfect, and I gotta press play because it's only Day 1 :ohwell:
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Sorry about such a low post earlier. Just down about some stuff - but I'm glad you're all here to help me be healthy and meet my goals. :heart: I'm just waiting for my toddler to take a nap to do 30DS and my hubby is making stuffed peppers - with chicken instead of beef. So I'm feeling better.
  • spazz_face
    Options
    Okay I am in a different time zone to you guys so this could be tricky, I did day one yesterday (13/08) and it was challenging for me as I am really not very fit. I am about to do day 2. Eeeek. I am excited about this though.

I am 20 years old from New Zealand. I am a student but recently moved home and am doing 6 months part time study online while I work to get some money to move before I go full time again. Being an at home student has made me gain a bit of weight as I am used to being more active and have only had a part time job.

However I just got full time hours :) In a really physical job :) So I am happy about that.

My Stats:

HW: 143.3lbs
    CW: 131lbs
    LW: 125lbs
    GW:115lbs

:) Look forward to doing this with you guys.
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    It's so nice to meet you all. :flowerforyou:

I pressed play and completed day one! Man is it tough! I love how short it is though.:happy:

I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 189.2 lbs. So I'm planning not to weigh myself again until after all 30 days. That's going to be REALLY hard for me lol. I can't wait to see the number after shredding and tracking for a month though.:bigsmile:

How did everyone do today?! IT'S HARD BUT WE CAN DO IT:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Spazz, (name? lol) your "yesterday" is our today. So you started on August 13th, just like we are. ;) It's the 13th here for another 5.5 hours.

Abby, I'll try to take a picture today so I can do before/after pics as well!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day one complete --feels good to start again! I am going to track my food daily too, no matter if I am over. And, I like the idea of not weighing in for the entire 30 days...definitely hard to do! I've heard so many people say it's an even better idea to take measurements, so I will try to find my tape measure.
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Even though this is a closed group, and really we are here to support one another on here. I would like to join this. I do have the 30 DS and am looking for some kind of support group to keep me going. Any more takers welcome?? :)
  • katieeweiss
    Options
    Sure why not? :laugh: If you're 100% serious and motivated about doing 30DS and tracking food everyday, you're very welcome to join. Go ahead and introduce yourself. :)

Everyone done with DAY ONE? I expect everyone to post every day!:happy:
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I can't decide if I should weigh myself during or not ahhh lol. I love how this work out feels though, after this I plan on going really tough on myself and giving myself a week break from Jillian and doing some easier stuff, then going into the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism circuits from her... eeek!

I am going to take measurements tomorrow, I have a before pic sorted too.
  • spazz_face
    Options
    haha sorry guys my name is Jessica :)

Ahh my brother came home and decided he wants to do the 30DS aswell, I did it with him to motivate him... TWICE IN ONE DAY. My muscles are dead but it feels good.

Hope you are all doing well!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar time zone Jessica :-) Nice to meet you all!

Been a failure with the exercise the last two days, had major problems with my distance learning involving a million phone calls to the UK. I know its just an excuse because if you really want to fit something in you will but just not been focussed. On the plus I ate far better than I wanted to after a few stressful days (emotional eating is my biggest downfall)

TOMORROW I WILL do my RPM class and hopefully 30DS too. x