diet pills?

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OKAY OKAY I got the perfect magic pill.....
    It's called sweat and intensity. Shh keep it a secret.

:laugh: :laugh: Doing that now everyday with healthy eating. Just looking for a boost, not a quick fix.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    don't be an idiot and waste your money, please.
    donate it to charity instead.
  • ducj5150
    Options
    I used Addipex (phentermnine) along with diet for the first month and it really helped jump start my loss.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options

Agreed. Don't subject your body to diet pills...they aren't worth the money or the ill effects on your body.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    I was taking this slimming 'all natural from herbs' and blah blah blah coffee stuff, and it actually did work. It was amazing and I started dropping 4-5 pounds a week. Worked like a charm, that is, until I gained it all back because it didn't teach me what I needed to learn about diet and working out. Anyways, I found out not long after I stopped taking it that it is now banned in the US because it contained a drug that was causing major cardiac issues and death. Be careful with that stuff! You never know! Anyone can label something all natural.

Thanks. Always careful be taking anything.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Pills are not going to produce the type of long lasting results that changing your dietary and exercise habits will have. Many are not safe, and some have horrid side effects (seriously, people, anal leakage is not okay). I would try focusing on healthy eating and exercise before trying some supplements/pills that may or may not be safe. At the very least, talk to your doctor before taking any kind of weight loss pill.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Most diet pills are expensive and flashy, my advice would be stick to green tea or coffee or even buy caffeine pills at walmart for like 8 bucks and you should see a little more results. Hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Diet pills are the biggest hoax ever...
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    when in college i used to take everything from creatine to NO supps to animal stack crap....and i can honestly say in the last 3 months ive seen way better results lifting and running hard and just taking protein and getting everything else from diet than i ever did taking all that stuff and spending all that money....just my 2 sense theres no magic formula....or pill
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding a diet pill to my routin. I'm eating healthier and exercising. Seeing little results. Which ones have you used? Did they work or not?

Diet pills fall under two basic categories, though many contain some element of both:

1. Stimulants
    2. Appetite suppressants or "filler"

Stimulants themselves are also appetite suppressants, of course.

The problem with using both is pretty simple. Once you get off them, the suppressant effect and the stimulant effect go away and unless you've worked really hard to get your diet under control, the weight will simply come back with a vengeance. Well, that and the side effects of a lot of the stimulants used - a number of products have been pulled from the market over side effects.

Nothing At All, when combined with proper diet and exercise, has been proven to lose weight for many thousands of people. Nothing At All has no side effects, no stimulants, no recovery time, and may be used for the rest of your life without a prescription. Ask your doctor if Nothing At All is right for you!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I take ThermoFIT from It Works Global. They are made from plant extracts, it is based of off thermogenic weight loss. The idea that you burn calories eating spicy food, that is the idea behind these. They are not a diet pill, they are just a boost.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think a fat burner supplement is the better way to go. Appetite suppressants are okay, but not necessary if you're working out and drinking enough water. Try Redline Ultra Hardcore. GNC sells it and so does bodybuilding.com. It also comes in liquid form so you can drink it instead of taking a pill if you prefer that. Has a lot of caffeine, so use with caution if you are sensitive to stimulants.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    Can I ask why you would want to do this? Do you really believe they do anything? And just to be clear thats a genuine question, I'm not trying to be a smart *kitten*.... It's just that being a nurse who also has a pharmacy background I know that none of these OTC (over the counter) claims are verified by ANY third party... Their clinical trials are paid for by them and carried out by the company also so you KNOW how they are going to report.....

I don't know, I just feel like its all broscience....

I've done a few. Some work and some not. Just looking for a boost, not a quick fix. I know that diet and exercise is the best way to go.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    A while ago I used phentermine..it really helped to suppress my appetite..its given by RX only. The thing is ..once you off of it..you go back to your old habits..best to exercise self control and discipline. Since joining MFP ive been doing the diet and exercise thing and lost the weight..you can do it too!

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    keep working hard and eating right. you say you're doing that now, but i say you need to work out harder and eat righter.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Try an active metabolism boosting vitamin. GNC has one and One a day has one. But you have to eat food with it or you will puke!
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    my mom takes the green tea ones and shes lost alot of weight and she says she really likes them(altho she in no way needs them) but she loves them. i just got done with my first month of phenetrim(or something like that) it is RX only i no way got the energy i was told they give people but it did help supress the appetite but i heard when you go off them you gain everything back and go back to ur old eating ways. altho i should have been done with mine like 3 weeks ago but have slowly went off them and now have not had any for the past week and half and i still get ful really quick and have found im getting more energry
  • alleykat69
    Options
    I take green tea complex, garlic extract, alpha lipoic acid (100 mg), 3 x day and in the evenings just before bed I take cal-mag-zinc-D3 (one pill) and melatonin 3mg.

How long have you been taking them and are they working?
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

this!!!!!!

the fast way= the wieght will probably come back!!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    A while ago I used phentermine..it really helped to suppress my appetite..its given by RX only. The thing is ..once you off of it..you go back to your old habits..best to exercise self control and discipline. Since joining MFP ive been doing the diet and exercise thing and lost the weight..you can do it too!

i too tried phentermine and lost a lot of weight only to gain it back after going off the pill. I agree, just stick to diet and exercise, those results last longer.