Replies

• mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    God for get the food are u married lol Mikee xxx:wink:
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    me too... add me, read my blog its about my 'real' food diet too.
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    I am also a fan of 'real food' diet. I can portion control but can not eat diet food!!
    Add me ! :)
  • momto4boyzz
    momto4boyzz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im new here also as of last night and I am trying to lose weight with Real Food :) I know if i give it up, I will definatly fail .... so this looks like a great topic as i really need all the encouragement i can get :) Any and all new Friends welcome !! ;-)
  • slimfitin40s
    Options
    I'm brand new here and plan on only eating real food. I know I'll fail if I add the so called diet food I dont really like. My family would have a revolt if I started feeding them diet food anyways! I have no idea how to add friends yet but please feel free to add me :)
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am also a "real" cook. I have had to change my cooking habits over the past few years, mainly due to my husband's diagnosis as a type 2 diabetic. I still cook with real butter, make baked goods, and even write a food blog, but I am losing weight by tracking what I eat on MFP and walking a few extra laps to burn off the calories from that cookie I had to have, lol.
  • suzame
    suzame Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's not sourdough but this is super easy and very artisan -- don't bother folding it before baking. http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2006/11/one-for-the-sling-files/
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We need to eat real food in order to survive long term.... I'm all for it!! Feel free to add as a friend, as we journey together!
  • mom2kids71
    mom2kids71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also am eating real food. I haven't been doing this long and tracking on MFP really helps. I don't use prepackaged stuff, also because of the sodium. Many of my foods have be substituted with healthier options, like whole grain and fiber rich versions, but typically nothing low-cal or fat-free. I am succeeding by watching my portions and making sure I do something in the form of exercise every day. If I want a snack at the end of the day, I look at my diary and see what I can have based on my macronutrient amounts, such as going over too much on sugars, fats, carbs, etc.

Feel free to add me. Like, I said I am new so looking for more friends too. I have a great support system locally, but you can't have too many friends!
  • Msbooka1
    Msbooka1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I love to cook and my boyfriend is a chef, so we're always making something amazing. We love to cook real food, so butter is in most of our recipes. Eating real food isn't the problem, its HOW you eat the food that matters, I know because I've lost weight while eating real food. It's all about self control with me, because the food can be sooo good, making it hard to stop even if you are full.
  • marylenw
    marylenw Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am with you guys. I don't think I would stick with this if I didn't eat real food. My husband is a health/workout nazi so we always eat wheat noodles, wheat bread, and turkey burger but I do love pizza and to eat out. So I think if I just eat within reason and workout I should still be able to lose the 40 I want to lose.

Please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation I can get! I started MFP on Friday and love it. Everyone's success stories are keeping me motivated!
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Real food is awesom. Feel free to add me, anyone eles can too.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also believe in cooking and eating real food, including butter. I can't even remember the last time there was margarine in the house...pretty sure it's been years.

My current goal (aside from weight-loss) is to refine my cooking/eating so that I'm still getting lots of delicious real food while lowering my blood sugar into a normal range since I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

I welcome your friend requests!

Also, I didn't make it through all of the other comments to see if anyone else has suggested it or if it's already been done, but maybe we should start a group?
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i eat real food and am losing with mfp. i also use real butter, real sugar, real mayonaise and real salad dressing. feel free to add me, i am adding you as a friend.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Food and cooking should be fun, so long as we control the food and it doesn't control us! Aside from my closet addiction (due to the presence of the MFP diet-soda police) of Coke Zero, I am pretty much a "real-food" eater ... there are so many natural awesome ingredients out there, and as a foodie, it's fun to come up with healthy real food.

So if you can handle my Coke Zero issue (put I rarely speak of it in public!) friend me :) ...

Blessings,
    ~Matt
  • thinnerclaire77
    thinnerclaire77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very new to MFP, I love real food and agree with the notion of everything in moderation, I'm trying my utmost to be healthy and to cut down on takeaways, and to eat more homemade, freshly prepared foods, I'm lucky really I have someone at home to make my meals for me. I had recently been doing a lot of baking, all really butter, real sugar, but I have stopped for the time being to try and give my self a kick start. My ultimate goal is lose 5 - 7stone, but I am breaking it down into smaller chunks.

Please add me as a friend, as I nkow there will be times where I will need motivation and times where I will be able to motivate others, at the moment my motivation is high and I feel like I could motivate the world lol,
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my best to eat more real food and cook more. I no longer buy so much processed/ diet foods. We shop at the farmers market for produce and switched to grass fed pastured beef. There are still a few things to work on, but it'll take time with my very very picky family. Love to get a few new real food friends for more ideas!
  • lizk710
    lizk710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy eating real food. I don't like looking at labels and not being able to recognize what is in it! If it's in a box and has 5 ingredients or more, forget it. I cook everything from scratch. I do however use I can't believe it's not butter, and the occasional can of low sodium soup or spaghetti if I'm in a rush and can't cook. Other than that, real, fresh food. I only drink water, no exceptions.

Feel free to add me too!
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am a meat and potato guy so probably a lost cause...:indifferent:
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    I'm all about real food, artificial-ingredients-free ! :flowerforyou: