How do you eat _____________?

Options

Replies

• terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I cut my corn off the cob then butter it if necessart. (this year the corn had been exceptionally good and no butter was necessary, YAY for saved calories!)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I used to be super-anal about my food not touching on my dinner plate. Now I don't care as much.

My family used to make fun of me for eating my corn on the cob "typewriter" style (eating across the whole ear left-to-right and then turning it, not just keeping my mouth in one place and turning the cob). It's more efficient!
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I eat around things. The crust off my sammiches or around a burger. The inside bite is always the best!
    I tend to eat from least to most favorite and save the piece that looks the best for very last.

Yes! I do both of these things! And the inside bite truly is best, except for the pointy part of a slice of pizza, which is double best.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I will usually eat the food on my plate in an order.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza.

People always think I am a freak for this.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.

I do the same thing LOL I always thought I was wierd...

My boyfriend laughs at me. Every time.
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love Little Debbie snack cakes. One of my favorites? Nutty Bars!! But I like to eat them in layers. Makes them last longer, and is something to "entertain" me while I am filling my body with all that crap, fat, and wasted calories. But, they are oh-so-good!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off my pizza, then eat the pizza.

People always think I am a freak for this.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.
    Ditto that. My husband thinks it's weird as hell.
  • JanineAron
    Options
    Mmm, bet none of you can top this one! I have to have Canderal Powder on my vegetables! Everytime! My partner thinks I am nuts.....
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Funny, I prefer my cereal to be soggy - pour in the milk and wait a while! Am I the only one? I don't care if my food touches, and I like to eat a little of each thing at a time so that I finish each item at about the same time, saving the last bite of my favorite item for last.

ditto for both of these. Never come across anyone else who liked their cereal soggy before. I can't eat it otherwise - I leave it in a bowl on the side for a while and come back to it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When my older siblings were dating (and I was 6-12 yo) in the 60's, their litmus test for a date to be worth considering long term was "Do they know how to eat an artichoke?" Fail that test and no more soup for you!

Couldn't they just spend 12 seconds teaching their date..?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    When my older siblings were dating (and I was 6-12 yo) in the 60's, their litmus test for a date to be worth considering long term was "Do they know how to eat an artichoke?" Fail that test and no more soup for you!

Couldn't they just spend 12 seconds teaching their date..?

who has a spare 12 seconds in this day and age?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love Little Debbie snack cakes. One of my favorites? Nutty Bars!! But I like to eat them in layers. Makes them last longer, and is something to "entertain" me while I am filling my body with all that crap, fat, and wasted calories. But, they are oh-so-good!

HA! I do the same thing!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like soggy baked french fries.
    Will not eat chicken or any other mean on the bone.
    Eat all around the edges of a sandwich - then the middle.
    Cannot eat lobster unless its cut up into something like soup... when it looks like its alive on my plate I just can't do it.
    Love salads but cannot eat lettuce on a sandwich.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    1) My food can't touch. Thanksgiving is a total nightmare for me when I see other people smooshing their food together!
    2) I have to have second helpings off of a new plate.
    3) I hate cooked fruit.
    4) I hate squishy foods like rice pudding, jello etc
    5) My hot food has to be really hot and my cold food has to be cold.
    6) I love ice. My drinks have to be completely filled with ice, then the liquid added to the glass.
    7) I HATE leftovers and I have perfected the art of cooking for one.

I sound crazy pants, huh?
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    I like soggy baked french fries.
    Will not eat chicken or any other mean on the bone.
    Eat all around the edges of a sandwich - then the middle.
    Cannot eat lobster unless its cut up into something like soup... when it looks like its alive on my plate I just can't do it.
    Love salads but cannot eat lettuce on a sandwich.

I am the same way with lettuce. I love salads, but don't you dare put a piece of lettuce on my salad or burger!
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ^ My hot food has to be hot, if its like lukewarm I can't eat it at all
    -I eat kit-kats in layers but first eating all the outside chocolate
    -I cut my pizza into diamonds
    -For tea if the tea bag isn't in the cup before its boiled I won't drink it
    -Also tea water must be boiled not microwaved (seriously people it takes 2 min)
    -I have to eat bananas when the outside skin is still slightly green
    -The cheese on a burger needs to be really melted not like slapped on last min
    -I don't like hot soups only cold ones
    -If fries are soggy yuck

Damn, and I was never really a picky eater as a kid
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to be super-anal about my food not touching on my dinner plate. Now I don't care as much.

My family used to make fun of me for eating my corn on the cob "typewriter" style (eating across the whole ear left-to-right and then turning it, not just keeping my mouth in one place and turning the cob). It's more efficient!

I eat corn on the cob the same way. Yumm! Now I want some... :D
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When I eat Nuttybars, KitKats, Twix (which is not very often anymore) I eat it in layers. Chocolate first then work my way to the middle. Also I do not mind anymore if my food touches... I enjoy trying different flavor combinations.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    1. Have to cut my toast/sandwiches diagonally and then I eat the crusts, then the rest.
    2. Food CANNOT touch on my plate. Yes I still eat shepherd's pie/fruit parfait etc..but it's SUPPOSED to touch so it's different
    3. I cannot eat any meat off the bone...I cut my ribs off the bone and eat it with a fork
    4. I have to have a drink with each meal.
    5. When I eat chocolate bars, I eat the outside chocolate off first.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I drink hot sauce.