Alcohol & Weight?

Options

Replies

• deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Go jogging while you drink :P

actually I have a pool, idk why I'm not going drunk swimming..

LOL can you imagine the looks I'd get.
    wow I am so jealous. I want a pool so bad!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Jesus, 1 Mike's Hard Lemonade is 200 calories. After four of them it adds up to more than half my daily goal.
    Does it end up really affecting your weight? will it affect my weightloss if i drink 2-3 times a week of significant alcohol?

I know a calorie is a calorie, but some liquors go right through you. Idk maaan. :P I just wanna have fun, but I don't wanna get fat because of it! And I'll never ever understand those people that drink ALL the time, and stay super thin. o.O

Wouldn't Jesus tell you to drink wine instead?:tongue:

Liquors dont's "go right through you." Just because you are peeing a lot doesn't mean your body isn't absorbing alcohol. Liquor is no better than a chocolate candy bar really. Empty calories. But if you can work it in your lifestyle, without exceeding your calorie goals, then enjoy it!
  • WowingOverWhinging
    Options
    I treat alcohol exactly the same as food - "portion" sizing, swapping for healthier alternatives and exercising to fit it into my daily calories. Don't fool yourself into "I'm allowed this because..." thinking. If you're serious, then generally anything that has a calorie amount counts towards how good your loss is* for that week. :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am so a beer lover.....jeese but I must let go doing this Insanity...My work will not go in vain....and this new new here...OMG.....After all the hype I went and got them this weekend..had one nightly...except last night....Definitely got to resist the daily drinking.....

NewBudlight.jpg
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    shot of coconut rum only 51 calories mixed with diet coke. YUM
  • WarningBell
    Options
    i'll just have to work out extra and eat very little on the days i want to drink :P

You shouldn't be depriving your body of nutritious calories to drink empty ones. It's great to have fun, but not a few nights a week.. it takes the "special" factor out of it and just becomes a habit.
  • 1dresch
    1dresch Posts: 19
    Options
    Mike's makes a "light" version of the Lemonade and Cranberry Lemonade. They're pretty hard to find, but they only have 117 calories in a bottle. Also try Calypso Bay Spritzer (Made by Mikes and comes in 2 flavors, Mardarin and Red Citrus) that only have 99 calories in a bottle. Good luck!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    While you can't have too many, if you mix one shot of hard liquor with a diet pop, it usually counts for 50 calories. Also, there is a new light beer - Michelob Ultra that has 95 calories per serving. I've tried it and it tastes okay.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    And if your 19, and you live in America you shouldn't be drinking at all.

Another of America's absurd laws. You can get killed for your country at 18, but you can't have a beer, or rent a car (or smoke a joint, for that matter)
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    THAT is why I gained weight and was miserable. Drank,ate junk and fastfood.....It lead to a pretty sad existance and a very unhealthy body. Glad to say,8 months of not drinking,no fast food[drive thrus] and minimal junk...no more med.s, ashape other than round,health excellent. That is Alot of drinking and eating junk over a number of years...but,it started out drinking a few days aweek,weekends and eating McDonalds 1or 2 times a week.... If you want to seriopusly lose weight, alcohol is a great place to start....in my experience
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    am drinking "a perfict(hic) storm" wile reding ish(hic)
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I didn't like the taste of Mike's lite. It's less calories but also less tasty.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    http://muscleevo.net/alcohol-weight-loss/

Read it, live it, love it

Your welcome
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I didn't like the taste of Mike's lite. It's less calories but also less tasty.

im anticipating the same thing :/ i'm probably going to stick with regular mikes, and I wanna try some of these crystal light things.
    but i'll just have to fit it into my day i guess !
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    /quote

When I am out I'm usually do a vodka tonic with lime juice, bacardi with diet, or a standard light beer. I noticed the more simple the drink is, the less calories it will have. Moderation.
    /quote

Tonic water has a lot of calories and sugar. Best to avoid as a mixer unless you use the diet version.

90 cal/23g sugar per 8oz.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I notice when I drink a lot, it really does add on pounds and make me bloated. And when I lay off, the scale goes down and I don't look bloated...

ugh, but I have this love for it..haha especially an ice cold beer an a really hot day. I HAVE cut back by only drinking at social events, which is hard because I've been attending a lot of those lately...hahaha
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They make light mikes hard lemonade!
  • deadbambi
    Options
    They make light mikes hard lemonade!

heard its no good though!
  • jlaurena
    jlaurena Posts: 60
    Options
    what about vodka soda w/ fresh lemon juice? that is kinda close and 0 carb, low calorie!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Unless you drink until you puke every night, it counts. I gained 50lbs drinking like a college student (cause I am) 3-4 times a week. Stick to clear liquor and diet soda if you can!

This is how I gained most of my weight too : /