TATTOOOOOOSSS

Options

Replies

• jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've got one on my lower back. yeah yeah I went with the "tramp stamp" I want to add on to the one I have. Would that count as a second tattoo??

Anyway, it kinda geeky but it's so me I had to do it. It's the integral sign with e to the xy power. It spells sexy in math symbols.

∫exy - it doesn't translate well here
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Tramp Stamp!! That's it!!!....................dare I?? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Aww!! I love my tatoo! I only have one, but I want more. I think my husband wants one too but is too chicken. Mine is on my way lower back.... okay, lets be honest, its on the very top of my booty. My college roomate drew it for me. Its a small pink heart with a cute barbed wire design around it. I love it, but now that I'm older I think I'd like to change it a bit. So that is my reward if I make my goal... I'm trying to lose 17 lbs before my trip to vegas at the end of July. If I make it, I'm going to get my tattoo redone so it looks HOTTTTTT when I'm in a bikini. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I know some guys that are good tattoo artists that said they'd sketch some designs for me.

As for piercings, I'm a baby! My corporate job doesn't allow more than one piercing per ear, so I had to remove my cartiledge piercing every day and eventually it closed up. And I had my belly button done, but when I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago I had to take it out and it closed up in the week I had it out! BOO! I wanted to get it redone, but there is so much scar tissue there now, I think it would hurt alot.

Someone asked about pricing... I got my tattoo done in West Virginia and it only cost $35. I know now that I'm in the Chicago area that my re-do is probably going to cost alot more.

I think my favorite part of having a tattoo is that I'm so conservative and people can never believe I have one. But somewhere deep inside my is a rowdy biker chick just begging to get out. LOL
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how much does a small tatoo cost? I have no idea and I am thinking of getting a small snowflake. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis!

Some places don't charge very much, but you have to be careful. Correct me if I'm wrong, manda, but most of the places that have a minimum charge have it because they use all new equipment every time they do a tattoo. I'm a real freak about getting infections, etc. so I would make sure the place you get it is clean and using brand new right out of the package materials. Just my little two cents.

yeah, you're absolutely correct- it costs at least that for all new materials on a good setup- you want to make sure everything is still sealed, and they open it in front of you- if they reuse materials like the tubes that hold the needles, it should be sealed in a sterilization bag, and I would check the indicator to make sure it's actually been through the autoclave (which kills any kind of bacteria remaining after cleaning)
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Tramp Stamp!! That's it!!!....................dare I?? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Go for it. :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Just curious, how much does a small tatoo cost? I have no idea and I am thinking of getting a small snowflake. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis!

Some places don't charge very much, but you have to be careful. Correct me if I'm wrong, manda, but most of the places that have a minimum charge have it because they use all new equipment every time they do a tattoo. I'm a real freak about getting infections, etc. so I would make sure the place you get it is clean and using brand new right out of the package materials. Just my little two cents.

I believe in most states, that the local health inspectors have to inspect the facilities on a regular basis (like a restaurant). Artists are required by law (at least in NC) to use new needles and sterlize very frequently. If you have reservations about a place call your health inspector, they will tell you what you need to know. :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Admiral Ackbar!!!
  • Manda86
    Options

I believe in most states, that the local health inspectors have to inspect the facilities on a regular basis (like a restaurant). Artists are required by law (at least in NC) to use new needles and sterlize very frequently. If you have reservations about a place call your health inspector, they will tell you what you need to know. :wink:

yep, you can also find out if there have ever been any complaints filed against the establishment
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ive always thought this term is hilarious.

The way i look at it, is if i have a shirt or pants on that happens to show that 'area' upon reaching or bending, and someone may see my 'coin-slot' - if you will- (since we are using these types of terms LOL) i at LEAST want to entertain them with some of my very own art, to direct said attention away from the butt-crack visual, which is, in my opinion, much less enticing than said 'Stamp of the tramp" .
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Admiral Ackbar!!!

An Admiral Ackbar tramp stamp!! Mmmmmmmmm sexayyyyyyy.......Growwwllllll!!!!
  • Manda86
    Options
    I'm so boring!! :sad: :sad:
    it's more unusual these days to NOT have tattoos... you're a rebel!
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tats. I have a big butterfly with vines on my lower back, a celtic cross on my ankle, a lotus flower on the back of my neck, and a sun on the side of my neck. my fav is the lotus flower. My tattoo artist hand drew it for me and he did an awesome job! I use to have 11 peircings as well. the one that was in my nipple was done at home by a close friend, and it hurt the worst! but with all honesty, I turned my life back over to God, and I really got tired of my tats and peircings. So I stopped with all tats and I took all peircings out as well. I do tell everyone though to really consider what and where you put your tats.
  • Manda86
    Options
    I personally don't think there is anything wrong with tattoos and piercings, but to each their own.
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have small cherries on my right hip and a teeny tiny infinity symbol on my left ankle. The cherries were an 18 year old "mistake" but I still love em I suppose.

I had my tongue pierced for 5 years but took it out once I was married. And I had my nose pierced for all of 2 days....:laugh: I had the courage to do it but it just did not fit me....
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Admiral Ackbar!!!

An Admiral Ackbar tramp stamp!! Mmmmmmmmm sexayyyyyyy.......Growwwllllll!!!!

It's a trap!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have a few but what im looking for now is an artist to take what i have on both arms/shoulders/chest and stomach and come up with some good ideas for 1/2 sleeve full front peice. I basically dont want to see any skin on my upper body.

I had one guy but unfortunately there is a little war going on in Beirut at the moment. (he did the celtic cross on the inside of my right arm)

I'll be home in upstate NY this summer if any one knows someone really good and needs a challange.

Tim
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I have two. One on my lower back of a lady bug and two little feet prints on my foot that represents my two children. The feet print were done by my brother who is a artist, and that was his first tattoo ever. I will add more if I have anymore children.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

ha ha ha... love your dreads by the way
    [/quote]

Thankya! theyve been in the works for 6 years!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring!! :sad: :sad:

I'm boring too. I don't have any tattoos either.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i got ten, all over me I cant do sleeves or get too crazy cause I have to remain professional wah!! I used to have my labret and I was a fat girl with a belly button ring(I know I know) but they were poorly done so I hadda take em out. I now just have my ears and tounge done, I do intend on getting more!!!! tatts I mean