any 5'7 girls out there?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! I think it's realistic!

My starting weight was 167, and I am now stuck at 150 (for several months now). Just can't seem to hit the 140's! But I'm not giving up! Trying to switch some things up to see if there will be a change. My goal is to be between 135-140 Ibs.

Anyone feel free to add me! I need some new friends :)

I'm also 5'7" :)
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey There!

I'm new on here and I'm 5'7''! ... may be a little over...

Currently, I am 145 pounds and my goal weight is 120 pounds. I know that sounds kind of low, but according to conventional BMI calculators that is still within a healthy weight range. The lowest I have ever been is 127 and then after 2 years of eating nothing but junk, I am back to 145. At my heaviest I weighed 180 pounds which was not very fun, but I lost it using a combination of hCG and low-carb dieting :/

I don't think any goal is unreasonable :) I welcome anyone to friend me! You can never have too much support!
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh about 160. My goal is 125-130. I also need motivation, I'm not good at sticking to a plan, so if any of you want to be motivational buddies, I'm all for it-friend me!
    I think your goal is very realistic, especially if it is muscle you got on ya! You can do it, stay strong :)
  • ladyvintage
    ladyvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'7 and 170lbs right here !!! I need friends that wont judge me if I eat cake for breakfast lol !!
  • MissDrea75
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'7.5 and right now I weigh 152. When I finished with my first year of college (May) I weighed 165 and once I started working I went down to 152. I recently started running 3 miles every day and my goal is 145. I think your goal is reasonable if you really work towards it
  • I think it depends on your build. I am 5' 7" and look like I weigh less than I do. Nobody every believes how much I weigh!

My weight loss targets always end up at least 15lbs higher than most others my height. I am pretty fit for my age/size and quite muscular - used to play sports like rugby and I ride horses - strong legs, LOTS of heavy muscle!

I am currently just over 180lbs which sounds heavy (and is!) but to give you an idea, I am currently a size 14 (UK) which I think is a size 10 US? (please correct me if I am wrong about sizing). I have friends who weigh 15-20lbs less than me who are the same size.

The lowest I have weighed in the last 15 years (I am 39 BTW) was 149lbs which put me at a UK 10 (US 6?) but everyone told me I looked way too skinny. My first target is to get to 154lbs (most likely this will see me at about a size 12 UK / 8 US) and take it from there.....

So if anyone out there is reading some of the figures and thinking 'no way, that's too low for me', you are not alone :) Don't freak out, aim for something that is realistic.

I have decided to use hip:waist ratios as a better indication of how I am doing. I am currently at a ratio of .80 . This is right at the upper end of healthy . 0.70 (or thereabouts) would be fantastic....

Edited to say. My profile pic was taken when I started MFP - was a size 16. Have lost 10lbs since then.
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started at 196ish. I'm currently 176 and would like to get to 154 - assuming my calculations are right as I usually use KGs :-)

I really thinks it all about your build but its always good to have a goal - you can always reassess it once you start losing. Good luck
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    140 was my goal and I reached it but have dropped a little below now so I'll have 140 as my top weight and if I go over it I'll work to stay under it. Aimed for this weight as its bang in the middle of "Healthy" on the BMI scale.
  • Jac118
    Jac118 Posts: 34
    Options
    5'7" around 125 lbs. measurements are 32-25-34 -- about 17% body fat. Just trying to tone/maintain now!
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 141 lbs and I still feel huge... I think it's a body fat thing, I feel like I look 15-20 lbs heavier than I am. So I dunno, my goal is 125-130 because of that, though I'd really be fine with my current weight if more of it were muscle... lol
  • esteeetee
    Options
    Im 5ft 7. Startd at 180lbs nw 141lbs. Size 10 nw bt stil fat. Want t loose another stone!
  • Tanny3
    Tanny3 Posts: 26
    Options
    hey i'm 5'7 and trying to get to 135-140 for my wedding currently 144 but cant seem to budge from this weight at all completely stopped so i'm stepping up my cardio regime, be diet isnt awful and i generally find dieting hard so exercise it is!! goodluck xx
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 176cm (5'7) and currently weigh in at 53kg (116lbs) I'd love to be 50kgs (110lbs) but I think that'd just be unhealthy for me

*I miss being a size 6 (2) though... my bf thinks I looked a bit sickly back then though so I'm compromising at a size 7
    (currently an 8 (4))

** Australian standard sizing, I tried to convert to US sizing in the brackets
  • fayelein
    fayelein Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    5'7 here! The lowest weight I've ever been is 151 lbs for my personal build that was too skinny and unsustainable. I was UK size 10 but had no shape to me. I'm doing it by clothing this time. I'd like to be a UK size 14 as I think I would still have a nice shape to me at that size. That may be somewhere between 160-170 lbs. Maybe even more. My start weight this time was 259 lbs (eeekk) down 29 lbs so far :) Around another 60 lbs to go!
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my highest was about 140 (I'm only 18 - that was a few years ago so was a bit too high for my age/height, as I had no muscle whatsoever), now I'm down to 123, and have set myself at just 100 cals under the maintenance setting - my goal on here is 120. I'm not that fussed about if I do get down there or not, or how long it takes. I'll even be fine going up a bit (up to 128ish) as long as bf% doesn't rise.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 147 right now. My highest was about 170 and that was big for me. My measurements are 34-28-39. My goal weight is anywhere between 135 and 140 but I do think that measurements are more important than weight. I am doing a lot of toning through weights, squats, etc and have a goal of 34-26-37. We'll see how it goes!!!
  • kaz261280
    kaz261280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 and weigh 133, want to get to 126 :-)