30 day challenge

Options

Replies

• leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    :laugh: queenbee I did the same thing as well. I ate everything yummy in my house & am ready to start my journey to a healthier way of living. I would love to join this group if you would have me. I am working on my measurments & new start weight, I will post back once I have everything together. Have a great day!!!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their goals? We are eating out tonight, so it's going to be hard to stay within the calories, but I am going to do my best!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I fell off my wagon, but I am jumping back onto my wagon. I have time set aside today for 2 workouts. 30 day shred after I do up the dishes and 100 push-up challenge and 200 sit-up challenge before I go to bed. There used to be a thread for those challenges, but they got "weird" so I quit and now I am starting over on my own. (Suposedly I should be able to do 100 push-up and 200 sit-ups in 6 weeks or less.... we'll see
    here is the website if anyone is interested.
    http://www.twohundredsitups.com/week1.html
    there is a link to the push-up one from this site!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tried the 100 push ups challenge at one time, and it is really good...but I don't know if it is realistic to think you will be able to do it in 6 weeks, because a lot of times, you have to repeat a week until you get strong enough to move on. I need to get back into doing something like that but am not ready to make that commitment yet. I am not doing so well on the exercise...need to find a way to work it into my busy schedule. I am losing weight now but I know it won't all come off if I don't exercise...

Keep going, Wanda!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    11:30 is not horrible, but I can do better :ohwell:.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I worked out last night!!! YEAH!!!! I did the 2nd workout on the 30 day shred..... Yikes! It was hard. I think I need to alternate workout 1 and worout 2 until I get a little stronger. I could keep up with the one girl, but the one that really works.... I had a VERY hard time keeping up with her and the "full" movement. But I kept on moving!
    Day 1...... check!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I didn't do the 30 day shred last night, but I did exercise.
    So..... Day 2....... check!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    It's been past 11 last night, so I'm back to day 1.
    Common, ladies, we can do this!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Back to day 1. I have absolutely no desire to exercise anymore. I also have NO energy. I have to force myself to do it today! I know I can do it, I am just SOOOOOO tired and drained.
  • queenbee
    queenbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, I forgot that I asked to join this group on my first day @ MFP. Thanks Wanda for the reminder! My goals is simply to log in my food..HONESTLY..for 30 days. If I have time and energy to exercise then that is a bonus..not to mention more calories I get to eat! My son, who told me about MFP lost 27 lbs just by logging in his food on his I-phone and keeping in a calorie range. I really do believe exercise is important but I just need to start out with baby steps. I have loved my first week and found this site to be incredibly easy to use. I lost 3 pounds which is a good start towards my first 10 lbs that I hope to lose before our trip to Cabo!

Rewards, great idea! Week 1-Something new to wear to work, Week 2-Something new for my home, Week 3, my favorite, a massage, Week4, a pedicure before we go to Sunny Cabo!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Queenbee, I am so glad you came back! I got your e-mail but I wanted to touch base on the three message boards and then I'll get to replying to your e-mail.
    Your son has done AWESOME!!!!!!
    I did really well a year ago, but feel off the boat... Now I am trying to find my motivation again. It's hard. It feels like a lot to bite off.
    I think logging calories is the MOST important thing! I was petrified when I saw my calories, fat, carb and SODIUM totals! The one that really messed with me was the SODIUM! I have high blood pressure and I NEVER use salt, but I also never checked labels for sodium. I was SHOCKED. I was told to keep my sodium under 1900mg One of my first days I logged in one meal that contained over 2300mg in sodium and I still had snacks and 2 meals to get through! Logging is SO important!

I am doing my exercises after I get my middle child to bed. She is CRAZY tired. Then I am going to shred, do some sit-ups and push ups and a little yoga or something to get my mind centered so I can possibly get some true rest tonight. (My little guy has croupe and has been up the last few nights).
    I'll change my signature to reflect my exercise after I am done with it.
    I hope this will be a day one!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I managed to be good for 2 days in a row again. Hope to keep up at it.
    Wanda, you can do it! I know you, you've got strong will :wink:!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Thanks Dewdrop! That means a lot! I did exercise today, but last night I feel asleep with the kiddos.
    1 down 29 to go.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    3 day down! :happy:
  • queenbee
    queenbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have entered my food in MFP for 11 days! I agree sleep is essential! I have lots of worries/anxiety in my life and struggle with sleep. For over a year I used Ambien, which works great but is highly addictive. My Dr. wanted to get me off it and started me on 25 mg of Seroquel. I take it about an hour before bed and sleep like a baby! I am grateful to finally have that part of the formula down. I struggle with so many things...like drinking water...but for now I am just focusing on entering my food! Love MFP
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Well, I think I am going on 3 days in a row!
    Changing my habits a little in regards to my computer use. So I feel like I haven't been on MFP in days when it was just this morning.
    Have a goodnight and I hope everyone is doing well!
    Off to change my signature!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Last two nights weren't perfect, but I was very close, so
    5 days down :happy:
    I begin to have ideas for the rewards :wink:. Only wonder if I can wait till the 10 - 20 - 30 days marks :smile:.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I blew it. Gotta get back to day one again :angry: .
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Hey, where's everyone?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I need to get back at this, and even thought of a reward, should I succeed in setting myself on the right track:

when I've got 3 nights down, I am allowed to open the new piece of electronics I already bought :wink:

At 10 nights down, I am allowed to get another gadget that I need (and better make that before mid Feb!).

Are you guys far in the counting, or just found it as unexpectedly complicated to make it 30 days in a row, like I did? :ohwell:. Lemme know how it's going for you, I need company (and a bit of competition can't hurt :wink:)!