How DO you get a 6 pack??!

Options

Replies

• DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.

I did several different types of exercise programs, ab workouts, etc. and never saw the type of results I've seen from weight lifting. Although I also fully believe that results are "80% diet, 20% exercise".
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Go to the beer store. Pick one. Hand the clerk money. Success! You have a six pack.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    abs are made in the kitchen, then by working out, i.e. lifting weights and some cardio
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Go to the nearest liqour store or convenience store there usually in the coolers and it will cost you anywhere between $6 and $8.

Enjoy!!!
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    No idea I eat bacon and drink beer i don't have a 6 pack: I have an 8 pack.

Best profile picture comment combo.

Back on topic - thank you for this thread. Looks like I have some work to do. :laugh:

14496283.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Good diet and strength training. Don't waste time overtraining abs. Get your body fat percent low enough for the abs to show through. Add full body strength training.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does nothing, and eats crap. Someone he has a 6 pack. The one before this boyfriend was the same. It's magic apparently.

Define "nothing" - what does he do all day? Sit?
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Go to the nearest liqour store or convenience store there usually in the coolers and it will cost you anywhere between $6 and $8.

Enjoy!!!

lol
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I was actually waiting for this comment! :drinker: :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't do any ab work outside of one boxing class a week... I run, and eat within my calorie goal, and get a fair bit of protein.

Well, correction... I do walk around with my abs "crunched" about 80 % of the time... really burned at first, but now I barely notice it. :)
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I went from flat to a 6 pack by dropping body fat percentage through HIIT for 10 miles a week, WEIGHTED hight rep, med weighted ab exercises, and then I took a high intensity ab class once a week for a half hour. Other then that I used a ketosis diet to drop lbs that I have maintained for going on 2 years.
  • chriscbond
    Options

Enjoy!!!

lol

HAHA! I was actually waiting for this comment! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Oh and the percentages of diet and exercise to get a six-pack are completley irrelevant, you can eat like a pig and still get abs if you do enough cardio

Those percentages, like the quote - "abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" refer to specifically working abs will not make them show unless you eat right and therefore get low bodyfat. It doesn't mean that gym work will not make them show, just that ultimately it is bf%age that determines it.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

Enjoy!!!
    Damn, I was going to respond with the same thing. I don't know why these people are making it sound so difficult!
  • chriscbond
    Options
    Go to the beer store. Pick one. Hand the clerk money. Success! You have a six pack.

And that is indeed my problem probably! Gotta cut out the good cold 6 pack to get the real deal 6 pack :tongue:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    If you have a flat stomach with a low bodyfat percentage and your abs are still not showing, you should treat abs like any other body part and lift heavy in the 6-12 rep range. It seems like its just a problem of them not being large enough to really seperate themselves from your stomach. Whats your approximate BF%?

My body fat is like 19%. You think I just need to add weight to my workout and do less reps?

If you want a full 6 pack you need to lose at least 10% So if you weight 180, you need to lose 18 lbs.

I weigh 130 and I am 5'4, if I lost 13 pounds I would look gross! Ill try adding weights to my ab workout and see if that gives results. Thanks everyone!:smile:

Hmmm...I'm 5'6" and 116 lbs and I don't think I look gross.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    in no way do i have amazing ab's, so i am not trying to sound like an expert; however, i did have twins a few months ago and am already seeing huge improvements in my abs. i think the main reasons are: lots of yoga (plank has really helped me define my obliques!!!), weighted swiss ball crunches. i use 45lb weights! i also do deadlifts which i hear helps with abs! good luck ♥
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    according to another thread on the forums this AM, one must "put down the cheeseburgers."

I totally kid. I just thought it was funny that these two posts showed up on the board at the same time! :happy:

I have heard from a lot of people (who seem to know what they're talking about) that a calorie deficit and strength training will get ya there...when I was at my most hardcore with training and eating smarter a few months ago, I was starting to get abs (pretty exciting for a 42 year old woman lol). Unfortunately I've been a bit lazy with eating and exercise and have gained a few pounds back, so no abs for me at the moment.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    oh and from what i've heard, as well as what has been mentioned in this thread, for a woman your bf% usually has to be around 15-16%
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    reduce overall body fat. If it weren't for the group fit classes I teach I wouldn't do any abs. I lift heavy, do cardio, and say away from known food allergies.