30 Day Shred advice

Options
13»

Replies

• ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 of level 1. I can't wait to start level two even though it sounds as if it is REALLY hard.
    On the 1st day I could only complete 6 modified push ups on day 9 I made it to 30! I only bought 2lb weights and am now regretting it. I though since I haven't exercised in over 4 years that two years would be enough but by about day 6 I wanted heavier weights. Now I just need to wait till pay day. I have lost 3 pounds since starting.

Keep up the good work!! :) Yeah I have 2lb weights as well but definitly will start out with 5's.
    I suggest starting with the 2 lb weights (or 3 lb) and move up to 5. I didn't have any weights so I started with cans from the pantry. When I got weights, I bought 5 lbs weights. My arms were KILLING me the next few days. Better yet, have sets of higher and lower weights, since some exercises are easier with higher weights than others.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 and it is different than level one, not any harder in my opinion. I loved level 1 because it targets your weak areas and level 2 it mainly shoulders. I use a chair to do the planks because I can't do them on the floor yet. I can do push ups and jumping jacks now and I am a lot stronger but I haven't lost a great deal of weight so I have added 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical. When I am done I will remeasure and let you know how much I have lost.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred!

I'm on Day 12. I did seven days of Level 1 & then upped it to Level 2. I've only lost 0.2 pounds but I had already lost 24.8 pounds already so it helped my officially get to 25 pounds lost :) It definitely depends on your body & how much you've lost already. I was on this month long plateau in my weight loss before yesterday when the scale finally moved down 0.2. I also have been doing it in addition to doing my yoga (which I 30-60 minutes of).

I have definitely seen my body tone up! My arms are much more defined & my stomach (which is my biggest problem area) actually has definition! So even if you don't drop in your weight you'll definitely drop in your body fat & be toned as hell!

Good Luck!!
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I completed the full 30 days, doing ten days of each level and only took one rest day at the start of level three. I had great results! I've moved on to Ripped in 30 now.

I find that the first five days are the hardest.. Most people give up within that time frame I think. Stick it out! You'll be so much stronger in the end. I thought I was going TO DIE the first four-five days (I was really really out of shape and not exercising at all) but now I can get through any of the levels and now RI30.

Link to my results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos

Thanks so much for sharing you link. You look awesome!!! I am seeing so many wonderful success stories with 30DS now and I just learned of the Rippd in 30 so once I complete 30DS I will move onto that!! Thanks :)
  • alord426
    Options
    I am on day 10 of level 1. I can't wait to start level two even though it sounds as if it is REALLY hard.
    On the 1st day I could only complete 6 modified push ups on day 9 I made it to 30! I only bought 2lb weights and am now regretting it. I though since I haven't exercised in over 4 years that two years would be enough but by about day 6 I wanted heavier weights. Now I just need to wait till pay day. I have lost 3 pounds since starting.

Keep up the good work!! :) Yeah I have 2lb weights as well but definitly will start out with 5's.
    I suggest starting with the 2 lb weights (or 3 lb) and move up to 5. I didn't have any weights so I started with cans from the pantry. When I got weights, I bought 5 lbs weights. My arms were KILLING me the next few days. Better yet, have sets of higher and lower weights, since some exercises are easier with higher weights than others.

Ok thanks for the advice. I will do that then!
  • alord426
    Options
    I am on level 2 and it is different than level one, not any harder in my opinion. I loved level 1 because it targets your weak areas and level 2 it mainly shoulders. I use a chair to do the planks because I can't do them on the floor yet. I can do push ups and jumping jacks now and I am a lot stronger but I haven't lost a great deal of weight so I have added 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical. When I am done I will remeasure and let you know how much I have lost.

Keep up the great work!! I never could do planks before but I was doing the KettleWorx workouts and that got me able to do planks which I actually enjoy them lol definitly can't wait to see your end results :)
  • alord426
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred!

I'm on Day 12. I did seven days of Level 1 & then upped it to Level 2. I've only lost 0.2 pounds but I had already lost 24.8 pounds already so it helped my officially get to 25 pounds lost :) It definitely depends on your body & how much you've lost already. I was on this month long plateau in my weight loss before yesterday when the scale finally moved down 0.2. I also have been doing it in addition to doing my yoga (which I 30-60 minutes of).

I have definitely seen my body tone up! My arms are much more defined & my stomach (which is my biggest problem area) actually has definition! So even if you don't drop in your weight you'll definitely drop in your body fat & be toned as hell!

Good Luck!!

Thank you!!! Congrats on how far you have come :) I really am looking for a more toned body now and getting rid of this belly buldge!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your loss so far!!! you look great :)
    I had done the shred in the past but never actually completed it.
    When I was doing it though I didn't really notice a weight loss but more loss of inches
    my tummy was a bit tighter & my arms were shaping up nicely.

I am thinking of beginning again....
    but I am not certain if I should just yet.
    I have around 30-40 lbs to lose before I hit my goal....should I be doing strength at this time...not sure...?.....

I would def say it is a good dvd.
    you will get results if you put the time/effort into it...but you will be sore the first days
    Good luck!!
  • alord426
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your loss so far!!! you look great :)
    I had done the shred in the past but never actually completed it.
    When I was doing it though I didn't really notice a weight loss but more loss of inches
    my tummy was a bit tighter & my arms were shaping up nicely.

I am thinking of beginning again....
    but I am not certain if I should just yet.
    I have around 30-40 lbs to lose before I hit my goal....should I be doing strength at this time...not sure...?.....

I would def say it is a good dvd.
    you will get results if you put the time/effort into it...but you will be sore the first days
    Good luck!!

Thank you :) yeah I am nervous about doing this because I also have 30lbs more to lose but I do need to tone my body up from losing 81lbs. Let me know if you get back into it and how it goes!!
  • abbygrit
    abbygrit Posts: 19
    Options
    How do you record the 30 Day Shred in your Exercise log on MFP?
  • afisher89
    afisher89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recorded it as circuit training. That's the only thing I could find that was remotely close. :)
  • FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm so glad I found out about this! I just found the Level one on youtube and it looks great!