Beetroot recipes!

Options
2»

Replies

• Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love to peel fresh beets, under cool running water, dice into cubes, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven on a foil lined tray at 400 until tender. They get this lovely crisped edge and tender middle.

My favorite way to eat roasted beets is in a salad. Take cubed turkey breast and a handful of walnuts, toss onto the baking tray in the last few minutes of roasting your beets to warm through. When the beets are done and the turkey and nuts are hot, serve them on top of fresh spinach. I dress this salad with a mix of equal parts fresh lemon juice and real maple syrup. If you want to send it over the top add a dollop of goat cheese. Heavenly.

Wow -- that sound delish! I may even have to make a special trip out to get some beets and try that for supper tonight!! Share more recipes -- you must be a chef.

I might be trying that tonight as well! YUM!!!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love to peel fresh beets, under cool running water, dice into cubes, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven on a foil lined tray at 400 until tender. They get this lovely crisped edge and tender middle.

My favorite way to eat roasted beets is in a salad. Take cubed turkey breast and a handful of walnuts, toss onto the baking tray in the last few minutes of roasting your beets to warm through. When the beets are done and the turkey and nuts are hot, serve them on top of fresh spinach. I dress this salad with a mix of equal parts fresh lemon juice and real maple syrup. If you want to send it over the top add a dollop of goat cheese. Heavenly.

Wow -- that sound delish! I may even have to make a special trip out to get some beets and try that for supper tonight!! Share more recipes -- you must be a chef.

I might be trying that tonight as well! YUM!!!

Totally not a chef but I do love to cook. :happy:

Try this salad!! You will love love love it. I like to get the beets with the tops on so you can gauge how fresh they are. The fresher, the sweeter. Sauteed beet greens with garlic and shallots are super awesome too.

And beet chips...to die for. Funny, I always thought I hated beets until I was at a farmers market a few years back and bought some on impulse because they looked so beautiful. Total convert.
  • lolamwest
    Options
    Beatroot and Butternut Squash Recipie.

what you will need:
    Medium fry pan
    Medium pyrex dish

4 large fresh beats
    1 package butternut squash cubes (trader joes) ** you can also use a whole squash, but cutting these things is a workout.
    1 medium purple onion quartered and halved (you want faily large slices)
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 clove minced or crushed garlic
    salt and peper to taste
    **** optional Spices/ additions each will give this dish a differnt spin
    ** Dill Weed 1 Tbs
    ** Rosemary
    ** Cayanne Pepper 1 teaspoon
    ** Goat Cheese

Chop beets in sizeable cubes, about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
    One tablespoon of oilve oil to a medium heated fry pan
    Add squash to pan and stir gentley but constantly for 2- 3mins, just to flash cook.
    line the pyrex with uncooked onions, beets and squash and mix together with seasonings, one tbs oil, and garlic.
    Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until edges have crisped and tuned golden brown

if you would like to add goat cheese, let the beet/ squash cool slightlight and sprinkle a few sizable chunks on top

this mix tastes great served as a cold salad the next day!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Beatroot and Butternut Squash Recipie.

what you will need:
    Medium fry pan
    Medium pyrex dish

4 large fresh beats
    1 package butternut squash cubes (trader joes) ** you can also use a whole squash, but cutting these things is a workout.
    1 medium purple onion quartered and halved (you want faily large slices)
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 clove minced or crushed garlic
    salt and peper to taste
    **** optional Spices/ additions each will give this dish a differnt spin
    ** Dill Weed 1 Tbs
    ** Rosemary
    ** Cayanne Pepper 1 teaspoon
    ** Goat Cheese

Chop beets in sizeable cubes, about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
    One tablespoon of oilve oil to a medium heated fry pan
    Add squash to pan and stir gentley but constantly for 2- 3mins, just to flash cook.
    line the pyrex with uncooked onions, beets and squash and mix together with seasonings, one tbs oil, and garlic.
    Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until edges have crisped and tuned golden brown

if you would like to add goat cheese, let the beet/ squash cool slightlight and sprinkle a few sizable chunks on top

this mix tastes great served as a cold salad the next day!

Wow yum. I can't wait to try this. Might be nice with some sweet potato too. Mmmm...
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options