Weirdest comment... ?

Options

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This morning I got-
    Wow, you look so skinny- how much weight have you lost? Your nail polish looks strange though.

WTH?
  • determined136
    Options
    This one came from my mom's neighbor

"Oh my! Look at you! Hope a big gust of wind doesn't come by, you might just blow away!!"

I'm 5'10, 164 lbs....I don't think I'm going to be blowing away anytime soon. The worst part is, the woman had no idea why both my mom and myself were giving her the "FFS" face.

What is FFS face....do tell
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I can remember my mother telling me I'd be so pretty IF I lost weight. Thanks, Mom.

On a better note tho - my nephew's wife called me "the incredible shrinking woman." I love it!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    This morning I got-
    Wow, you look so skinny- how much weight have you lost? Your nail polish looks strange though.

WTH?

Oh my goodness! I read it and thought, WTH? :laugh:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Not really a weird comment, but more annoying.... I walk 2 miles during lunch every day, and after my walk today I grabbed my salad (YUM!) and sat down at my desk. A male co-worker, who could use a few walks AND a salad, says to me "You did all that walking so you could have a salad?"

YEP!

lmao haha ::shakes head::
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    This one came from my mom's neighbor

"Oh my! Look at you! Hope a big gust of wind doesn't come by, you might just blow away!!"

I'm 5'10, 164 lbs....I don't think I'm going to be blowing away anytime soon. The worst part is, the woman had no idea why both my mom and myself were giving her the "FFS" face.

What is FFS face....do tell

For *insert f word of choice here* sake :wink:
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Said by a friend expecting her 2nd baby, upon hearing that I have about 10 lbs/1 size to go: "Oh no, if you lose any more you won't be able to get pregnant!!"

Not that I've ever given her any indication that we're trying to get pregnant or plan to have children.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My sister in law sits down in the living room (where I was) and said "I was reading up on that Thyroid Issue you have and foods you can't eat.....It's almost like having AIDS!"

WTF? Please don't compare me having hypothyroidism to a life threatening illness.

Her reasoning behind her words: because thyroid sufferers are limited to what we can eat. WHATEVER
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Coworker: WTH! you trying to be a 20yr old again!?

Me: NO, If I was I'd be drunk and sleeping with your wife!

:laugh: !
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Here's a conversation between me and my boyfriend about my weight loss

Him: "You've lost so much weight you look like a lesbian!"
    Me: "How exactly does losing weight make me look like a lesbian?"
    Him: "Well, your pants are getting really baggy and hanging off your butt."
    Me: "You do realize that not all lesbians wear big pants, right?"
    Him: "Well, yeah. But, my mom's a lesbian, and she wears big pants!"

:laugh:

You've lost so much weight you look like...my mom?? :laugh:
  • princessveggiecake
    Options
    "Thank god you're losing weight- you're so much prettier now" Uhhhh, thanks douchenozzle.

Hmm.. I would take that as a huge compliment.

Usually I would.....I guess it was just the tone in their voice as they said it.... felt more like 'you are so pretty now' ...as if I wasn't before. *shrug*

**also the "thank god" seems kind of uncalled for to me. This was someone I don't really know, just pass by on occasion going to work

I would have to agree. I would consider that more of an insult than a compliment.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • princessveggiecake
    Options
    Said by a friend expecting her 2nd baby, upon hearing that I have about 10 lbs/1 size to go: "Oh no, if you lose any more you won't be able to get pregnant!!"

Not that I've ever given her any indication that we're trying to get pregnant or plan to have children.

Because slim people don't have children...? dafuq?
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    "You look like you've lost some weight, good job.... Yeah, you were getting pretty HEFTY before" . :grumble:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    "You look like you've lost some weight, good job.... Yeah, you were getting pretty HEFTY before" . :grumble:
    Gee, thanks for pointing out the obvious, assclown.
  • Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I believe most comments are supposed to be complimentary, but talking about a person's weight is so taboo, no one knows the rules on what is polite when trying to say something nice. Saying nothing is almost just as bad. I say take the nice and chalk up the rest to an awkward delivery

Agreed! I think folks are a little too touchy about things people mean for good. If they don't mean it for good, I'm still losing weight for myself, I'm getting healthy and I'm very proud of my accomplishment!! Nuff said:tongue:

Most of the people making these comments are jealous and they come across that way because they wish they could trade places and be as BA as we are!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    my dentist told me i had really cute teeth.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    The one I get most commonly is how great I look "for a mother of three". Can't I just look great period? haha.

THAT'S rude. My mom had someone say something like this to her, but it was " you look really good for a woman over 40."

OUCH!!!! Men are SO stupid and rude.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    Gee, thanks for pointing out the obvious, assclown.

Haha I know right? It's okay though... should have seen the look on my friends face when he said it (they were dating) - Uhoh dog house.