Weirdest comment... ?

Options

Replies

• slazo
    slazo Posts: 5
    Options
    I actually have had this same comment about my husdand being excited...people are so strange. I think they have no idea what to say, so it turns out wrong.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    "You're not as fat as 'So-n-So'"

Um, okay, thanks? I didn't ask for that, but thanks. I can't wait to tell "So-n-So" you think she's fat.
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This one came from my lovely sister. "I found some pictures of you from when you were a fat f * c k " ahh sisterly love <3
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Said by a friend expecting her 2nd baby, upon hearing that I have about 10 lbs/1 size to go: "Oh no, if you lose any more you won't be able to get pregnant!!"

Not that I've ever given her any indication that we're trying to get pregnant or plan to have children.

Because slim people don't have children...? dafuq?

it is possible that if you lose too much weight, a woman can suffer from something called amenorrhea, which means the absence of a menstrual cycle when you are of child bearing age. Therefore she is too light for her body to have a menstrual cycle and get pregnant. It is also very difficult for women with very low body weights/ fat percentages to support the growth of a child.

I seriously doubt that this woman was that well informed, but this might be what she meant.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I actually have had this same comment about my husdand being excited...people are so strange. I think they have no idea what to say, so it turns out wrong.

Exactly! The guy that said it to me would NEVER insult me on purpose and I know this... but that is what makes it forum worthy :bigsmile:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    "You're not as fat as 'So-n-So'"

Um, okay, thanks? I didn't ask for that, but thanks. I can't wait to tell "So-n-So" you think she's fat.

Bwahahaha! That reminds me of that "Of course I'm going to tell her what you said B*tch, she's my best friend" comment
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    From a redneck friend " You look like you've been gutted"
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My partner went on sabbatical from work for a few months and lost 35# while he was away. Worked really hard to get in shape...it's actually the reason I'm here now.

Anyway, he gets back, one of his co-workers is like:

"Wow, you've lost weight, you look really great!"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Wait, you don't have cancer or anything, do you?"

"Um, no..."

"Ok, phew. You look really great!"
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was at a friends wedding recently, I hadn't seen her since I had started my healthy lifestyle and lost 37 lbs. myself and the OH were late into the church for the ceremony so we sat in the back pew, after the ceremony the bride( my friend) and groom were walking back down the aisle to the usual applause and smiles from the guests when I asked her to smile at the camera as they passed by. Low and behold she stops dead in the middle of the aisle lets out a shriek (loud enough for EVERYONE to hear) and says "Oh my god Ashlee I can't believe how good you look!! Like really! You must have lost 50 lbs! I can't believe you were able to lose so much!!" now remember this was with the entire church full of guests all craning to see and hear what was going on! For the entire reception I had random people coming up to ask me how fat I had been before!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    "You look fantastic. You've lost so much weight. Are you on meth?"

I guess that's the latest diet fad....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I was at a friends wedding recently, I hadn't seen her since I had started my healthy lifestyle and lost 37 lbs. myself and the OH were late into the church for the ceremony so we sat in the back pew, after the ceremony the bride( my friend) and groom were walking back down the aisle to the usual applause and smiles from the guests when I asked her to smile at the camera as they passed by. Low and behold she stops dead in the middle of the aisle lets out a shriek (loud enough for EVERYONE to hear) and says "Oh my god Ashlee I can't believe how good you look!! Like really! You must have lost 50 lbs! I can't believe you were able to lose so much!!" now remember this was with the entire church full of guests all craning to see and hear what was going on! For the entire reception I had random people coming up to ask me how fat I had been before!!

AWESOME, and holy crap YIKES all at the same time! :laugh:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options

Around my town it's bath salts... "you look so good! you're not doing those bath salt things are you?" ooooh boy. smh haha
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

Around my town it's bath salts... "you look so good! you're not doing those bath salt things are you?" ooooh boy. smh haha
    Nah, face meat is high in fat....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options

Nah, face meat is high in fat....

While at first I threw up a bit.... that made me laugh. Soooo gross! :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    damn, I don't get compliments, regardless if it's weird...WTF?!?!

I get the stare though..people trying to figure out if I'm White, Arab, Turkish, Spanish...lol

HA! *stalking your profile and staring*

{What is this guy anyway?!?} :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Around here it's called the "Jenny Crank diet." :laugh:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    At my 20th class reunion, two people asked me when my baby was due. I weighed 162; my graduation weight was ~105. In my head I was thinking WTF?!?! I don't look that bad! Out loud I said, "I'm not pregnant, just carrying a lot of weight around the middle." I then proceeded to put on 105 more pounds. Fail. I haven't gone to another reunion. I am currently down 60 pounds. I plan to lose another 70 and in two years I am going back and looking fine. There will be no questions about babies then.
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    After losing most of the weight I have now, I was in line getting coffee at Starbucks. The goodlooking tall guy walks in and gets in line behind me. I am just standing there, and he says randomly,

you know, if you lost some weight, you would be gorgeous.
    (WTF? Is my first thought)

I told him I was already gorgeous and not waiting for his approval, and he said, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that...umm, yeah you did.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I posted earlier that I hadn't gotten any "weird" comments. Moments ago a co-worker asked me if my wife "liked" me more now since I was a different person. I know what she meant, but I could only thinking of this thread! I asked her what made her think my wife didn't "like" before I got rid of weight. I think I kind of embarrased her...
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not weight-loss related...but I remember when a co-worker of mine told me "You have the nicest complexion. You could be pretty if you wore makeup."

I was like "Ahhh...gee...thanks. And you could be nice if you actually had some tact".