Things you wish you knew before you moved in

Options

Replies

• LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    That when I need to poop. It's not enough for me to just shut the door. I have to shut it and lock it. He always seems to feel the urge to come in and "talk" to me when I am dropping a duece and then gets mad at me that I didn't lock the door.
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    2 Blankets! of course! why did I never think of that...?

I wish I had known what a total slob he was, but it wouldn't have changed anything I suppose. :) He is still in training on this, after living together six years: everything has a place, everything in its place!
  • cherylhirons
    cherylhirons Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Make sure he knows that you poop. Not all guys are aware women do this.

And fart:)
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    that bills and date monies ae too different amounts of cash! lol when we moved in the dates got cheaper, and im like really dude...NO!

plus clarify the cleaning , cooking rules. I lived with a self proclaimed neat freak that only noticed my things needing tidy up! im not a neat freak but the bed has to be made daily, and no hair in bathroom sink n take trash out lol some neat freak right.

make a rule to "christen" every room and new piece of furniture in the house. koolest rule ever
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Living together is the whole point in and of itself. Learning about them BEFORE the "GREAT" commitment of marriage, to determine if you LOVE Because of or will have to Love In-Spite of...if you want to "take on" all the baggage and stuff you WILL find out about that other/NON-Relative Human Being. You will need to : (1) Keep your money SEPARATE, DO NOT Mix Accounts and Money; don't give any account numbers or pass words, (2) Decide what bills EACH will pay and if you can, get those in the name of the person who will pay them, (3) DO NOT pay his bills for him, it is TOTALLY HIS Responsibility to (Have the money and get it to the Creditor ON TIME!) MEN will hook up with women so they can be their "Mother"! (4) DO NOT set yourself up to be the COOK and MAID...Make it clear UP Front that those duties MUST Be Shared, BE SPECIFIC...Or that the BOTH of you will go in to get a house cleaner to come in every week or 2. (5) DO NOT Loan or give him Money (If per chance you are dumb enough to do it, get it in writing and how it is to be paid back), (6) Do NOT get Credit or Credit cards in Both of your names AND DO NOT let him use YOUR Card AND DO NOT get stuff on Your Card that is to be paid for by BOTH of you, WAIT until He has the money! (7) Sharing bills should give you an opportunity to save Money... Do That (Save Money) so that when and if you Can NOT take it, you will be able to MOVE ON.

Go into this as a Business Transaction, Because BREAKING UP DEFINITELY IS and it is NASTY unless all is "laid out." DO NOT be another Statistic or Joke or some "Dumb Chick" who needs to be on Judge Mathis or Judge Judy!!!

ETA: Men hook up with women for CONVENIENCE!!! If you ALLOW them to get away with "Dumping" on you all kinds of stuff, they will...I have 2 Brothers and BOTH were taught and know how to clean, cook, wash and fold clothes! If you pick up behind them or become their cook and maid, that's on YOU. One of My Brothers went with a woman for 5 years and one day just had enough and wanted to move on...4 weeks later he saw her at a club and asked her to loan him $20...SHE DID! He came home and he and his "Boys" had a BIG Laugh about it!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    You need to be more specific about where the acceptible place for toenail clippings is..just saying...if you say the floor is a no-go, don't be surprised to find them on the coffee table.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

WTF??? Since when???? That b!tch has been lying to me for 15 years!?!?!?!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    sleep with a guy before you fall in love. Freight train snoring for the rest of your life can cause a lot of friction!
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The only thing really is ordering take out and buying junk for the house. I used to eat so healthy but it;s really hard when there is always pizza, Chinese or ice cream around. I love those things and yes I don't HAVE to eat them, so it's really my fault for having no control. It sure would make it easier if it wasn't around.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Farting.

There will be SO much farting.

The kind of farting that will make you wonder what he ate. The kind of farting that will make you worry about when he's old and doesn't have as good control on his bowels. The kind of farting that will make you laugh despite yourself, which, in turn, will make you worry that he's farting some kind of nerve gas or nitrous oxide.

Brace yourself.

OMG This is SO true! I swear we have a constant green haze floating over our house because of the methane my husband's butt can produce. And for God's sake...watch out if he eats Jalapeno peppers! :sick:

The best is that your kids are victims too. Nothing like my 7-year old girl saying, "Daddy, seriously???? You are disgusting."
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Farting.

The kind of farting that will make you wonder what he ate. The kind of farting that will make you worry about when he's old and doesn't have as good control on his bowels. The kind of farting that will make you laugh despite yourself, which, in turn, will make you worry that he's farting some kind of nerve gas or nitrous oxide.

Brace yourself.

OMG that's totally my bf! Farts = me gagging!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    The only thing I requested from the start was that we have separate bathrooms. That was a deal breaker for me. Its been 4 years and working out pretty good.

The thing I wish I knew we moved in is that he walks barefoot outside, I hate it!!! The other night he walked barefoot all over the backyard, and we have a dog< yea we clean it , but still. I told him he needed to wash his feet before coming to bed.

The 2nd thing I knew was that at night you only talk during commercials?? WTF is that.

Other than that we co-exist pretty great. Oh he is away for work alot, so that helps lol
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

WTF :noway:
  • twistofcain
    Options
    Not a thing. She moved in with me about 7 months after we started dating...we have been together for 7 years and married for 5.

Confession: I would pick fights on purpose because we would have hate sex for the rest of the day...glorious times.

Yes I am an @ss.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    Farting.

Brace yourself.

OMG This is SO true! I swear we have a constant green haze floating over our house because of the methane my husband's butt can produce. And for God's sake...watch out if he eats Jalapeno peppers! :sick:

The best is that your kids are victims too. Nothing like my 7-year old girl saying, "Daddy, seriously???? You are disgusting."

we have a rule, My girl and I. If we would NEVER fart on the first dates together, it is NEVER acceptable to do it now. We been together for 4 years and none of us has yet to break wind... er.. the promise!
  • raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Farting.

Brace yourself.
    You made me lol so loud the others in the office think I am crazy, but SO TRUE!!!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'd wished I known that he'd leave a trail of where he'd been. Shoes in the living room, socks on the couch, shirt in the office, jeans by the bed.... and every light on to follow his trail.

I'd wish I'd known about the follies of doing underwear loads.

I'd wish I'd known that in his youth, his mother didn't make him do anything, and I'd have to train him to help around the house and yard sometimes dragging him out tooth and nail.

I'd wish I known that weekend are apparently days of rest, not days of getting stuff done because your too busy during the week, which is the way I was raised.

But, w/all that said, and the farting like other posters have mentioned, I'd wish I'd known how empty the house can feel when he's not there and how good of a night, but how lonely a night, of sleep I get when he's not there.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Farting.

Brace yourself.

we have a rule, My girl and I. If we would NEVER fart on the first dates together, it is NEVER acceptable to do it now. We been together for 4 years and none of us has yet to break wind... er.. the promise!

OMG this is me and my husband too.. we have been together 2 years and haven't farted in front of each other.. and her I thought we were the only couple!!!
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I wish I had known that his dog farts more than any other living thing on the planet AND he insists on allowing said fart hog to sleep with us every freakin night...... :sick:
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    I wish I had known that his dog farts more than any other living thing on the planet AND he insists on allowing said fart hog to sleep with us every freakin night...... :sick:

is said dog a boxer? My girls boxer farts and either it freaks him out, or even the dog cannot stand his own stink.