plans when you lose the pounds?

Options
RainHoward
RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
So, a bit about me. I was once in shape, many years ago. I was able to ride a bike for miles and miles, even up hill if you can believe that. I swam miles, not feet. Sometime up the river just for the extra work. I walked, I hiked, I did fun things, I hung out with people. And then all that changed.

I'm entirely sure when it changed, It seems I suddenly woke up one day morbidly obese. OK, so I busted one knee and tore up the other, developed a serious case of depression and social anxiety, caught me some arthritis and continued to steadily gain weight for over a decade until I got to where I am now, fat, in pain and barely able to move. Surviving instead of living. After years of therapy I'm finally dealing with the depression and working though it (it never completely goes away), working on dropping weight and eventually getting bariatric surgery to help me get healthy again.

One of my biggest problems is staying motivated. A large part of that is due to the depression and how it screws with my mind and my thought processes. So I have to keep coming up with reasons to not simply give up and climb in bed until my hear finally pops. This is a daily struggle for me. I've started thinking about those things I want to be able to either again, or for the first time. The more I think about it, the longer that list gets.

Here are just a few of the things I look forward to doing or being able to do:
-scuba diving
-dancing again
-riding a motorcycle comfortably
-riding a mountain bike again
-not worrying if what I'm sitting on can support my weight

and when I get in really good shape again, taking a picture and sending it to all the people who judged me for being fat with a nice big F U attached.

So tell me, what are some of the things you all want to be able to do that you can't? What keeps you going?

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Update tattoo to half sleeve on right arm.
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is of course just to be able to do things without feeling like complete crap all the time but my number two is when my arms are looking good enough, to sleeve that ***** ( =
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Naval piercing. Always wanted one.
    Zumba License.
    Scuba License.
    Take part in a marathon somewhere in the world (preferably Ireland)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love everything you said. Simply awesome.

For me, I'm totally looking forward to the ribcage tattoo I've been planning on. Only problem is, that b!tch is gonna hurt like hell since there won't be any fat to cushion the blow anymore...
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I am also a person who suffered from depression and every now and again I find myself in a dark place. I look to GOD for strength and healing and he always comes through. That's also what keeps me motivated. During my workouts when it gets really hard and I feel like giving up, I pray and it helps. My husband and children also keep my going, having someone around who sees the results is good because they notice a change in you before you do. So I hope you have someone around or an image of power that can keep you motivated and who knows, you might do so well you may not need surgery to lose weight.

Some of the things I look forward to when I lose weight are:
    1) Wear a swimsuit without being embrassed
    2) Meeting a person for the first time without thinking "I wonder if they think I'm too fat"
    3) Play more with my kids
    4) Skydiving (have to build the courage for that one)
    5) Having more of a positive attitude
    6) Buying a dress in the single digits :-)
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    Take more topless pics in front of the mirror, workout topless at the park. Be an all-round shirtless *kitten*.
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    Good thread.

I want to get my Zumba instructors license.
    I want to run a marathon.
    I want to go mountain climbing with my daughter.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Take more topless pics in front of the mirror, workout topless at the park. Be an all-round shirtless *kitten*.
    Topless *kitten* are the best kind of *kitten*.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love your ideas!

I want to skydive. Bad. And I want to do it without the skydive instructor I'll be attached to feeling like he's plummeting to earth strapped to a boulder
  • RainHoward
    Options

If I ever manage an upper body like that in your photo I will NEVER have a shirt on. I'll be walking around with a flashing sign saying "look at me, I did this".
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So many things I want to do!! Would love to get a new tattoo and a new set of family pictures.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    When I get fitty-fit I am going to buy up Agent Provocateur like it's a yard sale!!!

*And loved your post, best of luck getting there*
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to go horseback riding again, when I lost just a little more. And when I get to goal, I want to learn how to scuba dive. I have a friend who is an instructor, and he takes fantastic diving trips with his students. I have wanted to do it forever, but there is now way I would do it the size I was, or really even now!
  • RainHoward
    Options
    When I get fitty-fit I am going to buy up Agent Provocateur like it's a yard sale!!!

Oh how I love them, yes I do. Not on me, on my bedroom floor. Ha! No, but seriously, they make victorias secret look like trash.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

^This. And everything off of Trashy.com as well. My husband is going to be one happy peanut.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I haven't given much thought to what I want to do when I have hit my goal. I think first and foremost I just want to know that my insides look just as good as my outside!! :) Health for me is my motivation! I have a kid I'd like to see grow up, be successful, have a family, and do it all being healthy!!

Thanks for the post!! I think you've started in the RIGHT direction!! Remember this is a journey, and with hard work and lots of sweat, it WILL happen!!

:wink:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Oh how I love them, yes I do. Not on me, on my bedroom floor. Ha! No, but seriously, they make victorias secret look like trash.

They sure do! Expensive but worth it and by then I'll have d@mn well earned it!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm going to schedule a dr. appointment to discuss getting pregnant without getting the "you're overweight so it may be more difficult" speech. Almost into that healthy BMI range!!!

Oh, and I'm going to pull this out of the spare room closet and wear it EVERYWHERE!

jacket.jpg
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Go to Turkey to visit family and for vacation. Finally be able to swim there without a shorts and a t-shirt.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. This last 6mo has just sucked. But I'm hopeful for the next 6mo. I jusy want to be able to see thru my thighs.