Options

Replies

• ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They are awesome!!!!
  • fatcrasso
    Options
    I have them quite often. Just cook the cauliflower until mushy and put in a blender with a little lite salt, about a tablespoon of spray butter , and add fat free sour cream and until the consistency is the same as mashed potatoes. They are pretty good and do fill you up!
  • crafty_65
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not only were they amazing, we were also able to fool our 10 year-old. He thought they were just mashed potatoes.

Personally, i think they are better than mashed potatoes, and my mashed potatoes are pretty damn good.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It's very good
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i tried them and was really hopeful because of people's general positive reviews. let me just say, NEVER again. I chose a recipe that had tons of 5-star reviews and support, from a food blogger I love, and while I may like mashed potatoes more than most (that was my mom's pregnancy craving lol) I could not find a single equivalency other than the appearance. It was incredibly disappointing because I had wanted it to work so badly.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I have had this before and enjoyed it, but these recipes sound good to try too! Thanks!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Gotta be Debbie Downer here. I love cauliflower and I tried making the South Beach "Surprise" mashed potatoes which is the mashed cauliflower. I thought it tasted O.K. (would much rather just have roasted or grilled cauliflower) but my husband asked that I not surprise him again and told our kids they didn't have to eat it!
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've never made my own, but I get them at restaurants sometimes. and they are DELICIOUS. NOM NOM NOM
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I need to try these!
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I am going to have to try this instead of the 300 cal mashed potatoes my fiance made last night. Thanks!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Why jst don't eat real mash potatos? Especially when I read some of the mock recipes that would definetly have more calories (bacon, butter, cheddat cheese) then just real mash potatos.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do this! First time I had it was at the In-Laws house on Thanksgiving one year, and I didn't even know the difference to be honest.

I usually cut the cauliflower into manageable pieces, steam it, and then throw it in the food processor with whatever spices I want to use that day, and a little bit of margerine -- Whips it up perfectly.
  • eileen673
    eileen673 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious gonna try it!! Thanks!!
  • kady42
    kady42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just make root vegetables. I use *some* potatoes, but I also use turnips, carrots, onions, and garlic. And then mash it all together, add a little milk and butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, because I just like how it tastes), and season to taste.

I've never tried cauliflower, but I think my kids would notice. For hubby and I though, sounds like a great idea. =)
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Loaded ! Yum... thanks!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have tried all kind of things with the Mock Mashed Potatoes. Can't get the right consistency and still taste like cauliflower. Would rather just do without and eat the cauliflower as is.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    tastes nothing like mashed potato's. LOL But I liked it anyways because I like cauliflower.