Trim for Turkey Day now Trim for Valentines

Options

Replies

• akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Doing no carbs is going to be hard but i know it's what my body needs to get back on track and eating right...

I completely blew this challenge this week, along with my eating! I've gained 3 lbs this week when I got on the scale today! I doubt it will change much for Thurs weigh in...I will start today with no carbs (60 g for me). Good luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm not doing the low/no carb challenge........my eating plan has been working for me and I'm not ready to change what's working....I'm staying under my calories and upping my exercise a bit and staying focused.

I'm doing more walking in my new Skechers Shape-Ups shoes and loving them more every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    Options
    checking in:

SW: 168
    last week: 155.4
    CW : 157.6
    4 wk mini goal: 153
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Doing no carbs is going to be hard but i know it's what my body needs to get back on track and eating right...

I'm curious about what you eat when you're doing no carbs. Can you share a little about what a typical day's meals look like.:bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    Options
    I'm doing more walking in my new Skechers Shape-Ups shoes and loving them more every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I've seen these and wondered if they are any good. Can you cross train with these or are they only for walking?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: About the Skechers Shape-Ups.......they feel great and make me feel bouncy and enthusiastic when I walk.....I've done a little dancing at home in them but mostly walking........one day I accidentally wore them to the dog park and walked in them on the uneven grassy and muddy terrain and loved how they felt, but I had to do some major washing of them when I got home so I won't do that again. I haven't worn them for any line dance or workout class so I don't know they would do for other activities.:flowerforyou: When I tried them on in the store I loved them immediately.:bigsmile:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. December I completely fell off the wagon - two weeks of travel and holiday parties did me in. I surrendered to the holiday madness. Not too proud of it, but there it is.

I really enjoyed this group and our Thanksgiving challenge. Can I still join for the Valentine's day deadline? I'm back on track this week. Still haven't weighed in to *kitten* the damage - too scared. I'll weigh in for next week if that is okay?

Happy New Year everyone.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Forgot today was thursday so i'll be weighing in tomorrow!!!! Hope everyone is doing wonderful
  • akgrant
    Options
    checking in:

SW: 168
    last week: 155.4
    CW : 157.6
    4 wk mini goal: 153
    VD Goal: 148
    Ultimate goal: 145

I apparently thought yesterday was Thursday and checkin in. Forgot today was Thursday until a little while ago and couldn't believe I had forgotten to get on the scale before breakfast! Wow, I'm all confused. I'll just stick to my Wed numbers!
  • akgrant
    Options
    :flowerforyou: About the Skechers Shape-Ups.......they feel great and make me feel bouncy and enthusiastic when I walk.....I've done a little dancing at home in them but mostly walking........one day I accidentally wore them to the dog park and walked in them on the uneven grassy and muddy terrain and loved how they felt, but I had to do some major washing of them when I got home so I won't do that again. I haven't worn them for any line dance or workout class so I don't know they would do for other activities.:flowerforyou: When I tried them on in the store I loved them immediately.:bigsmile:

Thanks Barbie, I will have to check them out.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'll try to remember to weigh tomorrow and post my weight before we leave on our weekend trip........I won't be getting enough exercise over the weekend and we'll be eating in restaurants so whatever I weigh will have some weekend challenges :cry:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    291 - Starting Challenge Weight
    288.9 - Last Weight
    286.5 - Todays Weight
    279- Target Weight.

2.4 lbs loss this week woo hooo..I was very excited...my "last " weigh in was Christmas eve and last week i was up by several lbs, mostly water weight i am sure, so to be back to my pre-christmas weight and down 2.4 from that i am sooo stoked.

I got 7.5 lbs left to Vday - 5 weeks left - 1.5 lb avg a week

Good luck to you all...we can do this :)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    SW January 2009 183
    weight 12/10/09 117
    weight 12/17/09 116
    Weight January 1, 2010 115
    CW 114
    Valentines GW 113

I can't believe that the pounds are still coming off........congratulations to the rest of you who are losing.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    And to those who seem to be stuck on a plateau
    never, never, never give up:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jlbay
    Options
    Hi everybody - it is great to see y'all doing so well - especially during the holidays.

I fell of the wagon - big time. A whole month off of this site and I really packed on the pounds. I just weighed myself for the first time. I don't even know what I feel right now.

SW - 190
    LW (as of last weigh in - 155)
    CW - 161 (+6 lbs)
    VD - 155
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi everybody - it is great to see y'all doing so well - especially during the holidays.

I fell of the wagon - big time. A whole month off of this site and I really packed on the pounds. I just weighed myself for the first time. I don't even know what I feel right now.

Do not be discouraged......you know all the right things to do.......jump back on the wagon immediately........never, never, never give up.......you can succeed.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    and go drink some water right now :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jlbay
    Options
    Thanks barbicat - I read your post and immediately went for a glass of water.

I think right now I'm in the grip of a sugar-fat craving cycle. After another week or so of being back on the site, logging food, and eating healthy, I'm hoping the urge to binge will die down. I ate well all day yesterday but struggled after my husband brought home some of my favorite cookies. I was literally pacing the floor thinking about that cookie - and gave in. Feeling better today - will be much better when I get my workout in.
  • akgrant
    Options
    291 - Starting Challenge Weight
    288.9 - Last Weight
    286.5 - Todays Weight
    279- Target Weight.

2.4 lbs loss this week woo hooo..I was very excited...my "last " weigh in was Christmas eve and last week i was up by several lbs, mostly water weight i am sure, so to be back to my pre-christmas weight and down 2.4 from that i am sooo stoked.

I got 7.5 lbs left to Vday - 5 weeks left - 1.5 lb avg a week

Good luck to you all...we can do this :)

Good job!!! Keep up the good work!
  • akgrant
    Options
    Thanks barbicat - I read your post and immediately went for a glass of water.

I think right now I'm in the grip of a sugar-fat craving cycle. After another week or so of being back on the site, logging food, and eating healthy, I'm hoping the urge to binge will die down. I ate well all day yesterday but struggled after my husband brought home some of my favorite cookies. I was literally pacing the floor thinking about that cookie - and gave in. Feeling better today - will be much better when I get my workout in.

HI jlbay! Good to see you posting again! Eat the cookie and go burn the calories! haha! When I see how much I have to burn after treating myself, I think twice the next time! Keep on doing the right thing and I echo Barbie, don't give up!!
  • akgrant
    Options
    SW January 2009 183
    weight 12/10/09 117
    weight 12/17/09 116
    Weight January 1, 2010 115
    CW 114
    Valentines GW 113

I can't believe that the pounds are still coming off........congratulations to the rest of you who are losing.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    And to those who seem to be stuck on a plateau
    never, never, never give up:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

One pound to go??? WOO-HOO!!! Good for you!!! Keep it up!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jlbay
    Options
    HI jlbay! Good to see you posting again! Eat the cookie and go burn the calories! haha! When I see how much I have to burn after treating myself, I think twice the next time! Keep on doing the right thing and I echo Barbie, don't give up!!

Thanks akgrant! Actually, my jeans are MUCH less snug today -and I've only been tracking my calories again since last week. Perhaps I did still have some water weight, because I can't have lost that much this week. So that's a good thing! Good luck this week to everyone.