From 210lbs to 160lbs Goal how do i get there

Options
2»

Replies

• shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I was 150 last summer and within a year I became a whopping 200 pounds! I've been doing the 17 day diet and it's awesome!! Best wishes to you! Friend me if you like :)
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!

I started at 192, I was just in love with food and hated to be called "gordita" which means "fattie" ....
    So I joined a gym... I gotta be honest with you, I hated running, and I loooooooooved food still.
    However, I started hitting the gym about 3-4 days a week, for about an hour . I started just walking on the
    treadmill then I found my true passion, the classes... So I started doing Kickboxing and cardio kickboxing twice a week.
    Man those are fun, and do they burn calories. =) .... I also just replaced my foods with more vegetables, less white powder,
    stick to whole grain everything (pasta, crackers, bread) ... I really didn't stop eating, I still stuff my face but now I run.

I know you see your goal far away, but you need to set small achievable goals for yourself.. Maybe set a goal to lose 10pounds
    in 2 months? Which is really a good goal to start, and am sure if you do slight changes you'll lose more.
    Best of luck!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Lift and log. I started here at 194 lbs, my highest ever last year was 198. If you can afford a gym membership get one. I run too, used to hate, but now I've started to love it again. And add positive people on here as friends who are doing things the healthy way. :)
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ~ Don't Give Up ~

dont worry what others think

Keep logging calories in and out on here - it works !
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I started at 220lb, goal is 155lb, currently at 161lb. Here's what I've done over 3 years:

1. Made small changes to my diet over time. First, portion control, then healthier choices.
    2. Exercise most days of the week. 3-6 days. I rarely workout over 45 minutes per day. 30-45 minutes is plenty if you push yourself.
    3. Keep the calorie deficient reasonable. Slow and steady worked for me.
    4. Do a combination of strength training and cardio. I focus more on strength training. Find exercises you can sustain. If you hate running, don't run. There's plenty of other exercises you can do. Always push yourself. Create fitness goals, reach them, then make new ones.
    5. Figured out why I overate and addressed the underlying issues. Learned healthy ways to deal with emotions/stress.

Feel free to view my diary and send a friend request.
  • porrasc
    porrasc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your ideas, I am trying to find something because I know I can run I was in the military the past 6 years so it wasn't optional...but I hate HATE running because it hurts right now. So I am trying to find something I can do until I am at that point where it doesn't hurt anymore. I also dont know what I should be cooking so I just have the hundred cal cereal bar for breakfast an apple for lunch and veggies for dinner, it seems that whenever i have regular food its bad for me or too high in calories...Any suggestions

Depending on how much you are trying to lose home cooked meals usually work for me. Try allrecipes they have some good recipes. also portion control is really helpful. It sucks in the beginning but as you get use to it you won't notice.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of doing the same weigh loss, 220 to 170. There is no magic. You have to eat less calories than your body consumes. You gained one 1 lb per week that is 500 calories per day which equates to a couple of bad runs through the drive through per week. You can reverse that and easily take 1 lb off per week.

My advice is eat clean whole foods, log all your foods ACCURATELY, hit your macros on MFP. I would start by setting your goals for 1 lb per week. Eat back half your cardio calories. Look around here for eating ideas, I've been basically doing overnight oats for breakfast (I use oat bran), eating left overs from dinner for lunch, and then we cook a healthy dinner. Very little time involved. I started about 10 weeks ago and I'm down about 25 lbs. Friend me if you like and we can motivate each other, otherwise best of luck on your journey.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I also dont know what I should be cooking so I just have the hundred cal cereal bar for breakfast an apple for lunch and veggies for dinner, it seems that whenever i have regular food its bad for me or too high in calories...Any suggestions

Eat some protein, girl! Personally, I don't eat meat, so I focus on greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, nuts, peanut butter, etc. but really it's very important to have a balanced diet (in my opinion, including veggies, fruit, protein, carbs).
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Support...It's shows it by all the great advice people are giving. Supporting friends around you is priceless and makes you feel like you can do anything! I didn't even ask the question and I'm totally motivated and inspired by all the love!! Way To Go MFP Family!!!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    don't give up. that's what you do. work your *kitten* off in the gym, eat veggies and fruits like candy and don't give up on yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!