Here comes honey boo boo!

Options
nmwhitney12
nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
For all of you wonderful people who might be watching this show and laughing hysterically at the south, I would just like to say this. As a native Georgian, I feel like it is my CIVIC duty to inform all of you that this is NOT a typical southern family. Do not let the show mislead you...I feel so sad at how this show represents the citizens of this state! I just don't want people getting some silly notion in their head that everywhere in Georgia or the south is like this!

Thank you for listening! :)

Replies

• deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    omg i'm so excited to watch that show LOL
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm a Georgia transplant...I'm not so sure.

LOL j/k
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I won't be watching it anyway.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think Im going to get a ab workout watching that show... I haven't seen an episode yet but, I've seen clips... And its cracking me up already... I saw this part where she taking an energy drink from her mom.... and pouring it into her own cup, and drinking it... Next thing you know, shes outside running in circles... I want to say I think she was given a ribbon from Dr. Oz for some reason... Shes kinda cute, in a very irritating way... Heeee. :happy: Don't worry its not a representation of everyone in your area... I don't believe that would be the case....
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Uhm, what the hell is a honey boo boo?
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options

This. I keep hearing about honey boo boo but have no clue what/who it is!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Isn't she one of those pageant kids?
  • nmwhitney12
    Options

This. I keep hearing about honey boo boo but have no clue what/who it is!

LOL she was this girl on Toddlers and Tiaras and she was such a hit they gave her a show..

Now I love this show I just get a feeling people who already have a negative idea of the south might think THAT is the south lol
  • nmwhitney12
    Options
    I'm a Georgia transplant...I'm not so sure.

LOL j/k

I grew up around Atl then went down to south Ga for school...lol the south DOES make me wonder sometimes :/
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I thought Honey Boo Boo was the full name of that dog Boo. He has his own FB page *L*
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For all of you wonderful people who might be watching this show and laughing hysterically at the south, I would just like to say this. As a native Georgian, I feel like it is my CIVIC duty to inform all of you that this is NOT a typical southern family. Do not let the show mislead you...I feel so sad at how this show represents the citizens of this state! I just don't want people getting some silly notion in their head that everywhere in Georgia or the south is like this!

Thank you for listening! :)

Just like the kids on Jersey Shore don't represent NJ (they are from somewhere in NY). Also all the ladies on The Real Housewives of....". Don't represent the majority of people in their home states either.
    It's just fun to watch train wrecks and feel better about our own choices.
    My daughter cracks up at Honey Boo Boo (mostly because of the title) but she is not ignorant to think that her family represents the fine state of GA. You have no reason to worry. It's all in good spirits and fun:drinker:
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to tonight's episodes! The show is hysterical and the whole family is a riot. And, no, I don't think that all people who live in the south are like that. I have family in SC, right on the GA border. They're not like Honey Boo Boo and her family at all.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Aww...****! I didn't know they were Georgians. Gah. Combine that with the show Small Town Security, I am now ashamed to say that I am a Georgia girl. Thank goodness that The Walking Dead is a bit more accurate, lol. I have lived in GA my entire life and have never come across so many rednecks, except on tv. Thankfully, I live is an affluent area where no one sounds like they are from the deep south, let alone, are anywhere close to being rednecks or hicks.
  • nmwhitney12
    Options
    Aww...****! I didn't know they were Georgians. Gah. Combine that with the show Small Town Security, I am now ashamed to say that I am a Georgia girl. Thank goodness that The Walking Dead is a bit more accurate, lol. I have lived in GA my entire life and have never come across so many rednecks, except on tv. Thankfully, I live is an affluent area where no one sounds like they are from the deep south, let alone, are anywhere close to being rednecks or hicks.

You should add me! Where are you from? I grew up around Atl (covington) but my fiance now lives in Alpharetta so when I am not down at school in Statesboro that is where I tend to be :)
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. When June (the mom) started ranting about how fat women shouldn't wear bikinis, I gave her a standing ovation. They are unclassy and crude, but they are honest. I'll give them that.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Honey Booooo Booooo. Got to watch some last night.... That little piggie they have for a pet, is sooooo cute.... How come I like that little brat? I'm not sure.... :laugh: It some goooood TV. Haaaah.
  • nmwhitney12
    Options
    As bratty as she is...she is so CUTE and I have to admit she reminds me of my little 10 year old sister...
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That show is like crack for my eyeballs - I can't stop watching.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love that darn pig she has... and If I didn't live in the suburbs of Chicago, I would so get one!

I also love her new word "redneck-oginze"... Makes me giggle every time I hear it!
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    That show is like crack for my eyeballs - I can't stop watching.

LOL