How to tell him...

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How do you tell the man (or woman?) you are seeing that they should workout with you... my last relationship didnt workout because he felt 'like i didnt see him enough and i hit the gym too often'...

do i really have to start looking for someone who is also into fitness and health like myself? I dont really mind if a man wasnt into it... i mean, its MY life and MY journey... just seems like its making dating hard?

Help!!

How much time do u spend at the gym that it interferes THAT MUCH?

I work here AND do atleast and hour and a half to two hours mon to fri...?
    Are you expecting him to start spending that kind of time in the gym just because you asked?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The most successful relationships have a high degree of intellectual and emotional compatibility along with quite a few common interests shared between them... clearly health and fitness is one that you value that prolly should be shared with your partner. IMO

I have to agree. People should have a lot of common interests if they are in a relationship. My husband and I do and we also have things that aren't shared for example craft fairs and girlie things. I love those. He doesn't but he will take me to them if I ask. There are sme things he does that's don't particularly like butnimwill do them with him because he enjoys it.

Just ask hm to go to the gym with you or ask him if the time you spend ere would bother him.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Do you have heavy workout days and light workout days?
    Stick to the gym on your heavy days. Invite him to dance, hike a mountain trail, bicycle, etc on your light days.
    And maybe reevaluate how much time you spend in the gym.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you don't care, just let any guy know upfront that you spend a good portion of the day at a gym, because it is both your job and your hobby. My husband and I work different schedules and don't get to see each other quite as much as couples that work the same schedule, but a bit of time apart is good. We also have very different interests. Some are the same, but some are not. And some of those are really important to one or the other of us, and we both respect that we are both different people and don't have to be the same.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    How do you tell the man (or woman?) you are seeing that they should workout with you... my last relationship didnt workout because he felt 'like i didnt see him enough and i hit the gym too often'...

do i really have to start looking for someone who is also into fitness and health like myself? I dont really mind if a man wasnt into it... i mean, its MY life and MY journey... just seems like its making dating hard?

Help!!

Just go with the " guess what we're doing Tuesday night "

But please, with all that is sweet and holy, don't make him do zumba.
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options

Help!!

Are you expecting him to start spending that kind of time in the gym just because you asked?

Nah, I WORK and workout... i dont need to see he all the time, just need to be understanding of the fact that im here alot, and if you want to see me more then you know where i am lol
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options

Help!!

HAHA id only ask him to spot me
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Help!!

Hmmm, I just perved your profile pics. Bribe them with sex. You're smokin hot.
    (there, that's better)
  • amrita0286
    Options
    It's funny because with me and my husband it was reversed. He's a gym addict and has an amazing body and I've always been chubby and I got into the gym a few years ago. Sometimes you can have an affect on your partner in a good way. I owe him for introducing me to the gym.
    When we were dating he never pushed me into it, but I just wanted to share some common interests so I joined the gym and would go and it felt amazing and soon I was there more than him!
    I think maybe the next guy you date, if he's not into working out, maybe take a class together like spinning or yoga or something you like but would be easy for a beginner. He might decide he likes it on his own. Let him decide in the end and if he thinks the relationship is meaningful he will stick around. A lot of couples have different interests but they make it work so don't worry!
    But also give some guys at the gym a chance, they can't all be *kitten* :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Help!!

HAHA id only ask him to spot me

That's what I do for my wife