Stuffed!

Options
2»

Replies

• Iseeprogress
    Options
    Yournotmine....I have been eating a lot of salads with lunch and dinner...I also have a lot of protein....i'm finding that I am always going over my protein intake trying not to eat too many carbs..lol...and the protein is filling for me....
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    the default on MFP for protein is VERY low...most people need to be eating 120 g or more a day.
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yournotmine....I have been eating a lot of salads with lunch and dinner...I also have a lot of protein....i'm finding that I am always going over my protein intake trying not to eat too many carbs..lol...and the protein is filling for me....

That makes sense then, I have done low carb in the past and it is supposed to make you feel satisfied after a week or so of doing it - then adding more and more veggies, espec. the "whole" foods (not processed and fresh) would be more fiber and bulky feeling.
  • outofthoughts
    Options
    I have this problem all the time. I am doing kickboxing 3 x a week and have a 2 year old that I chase around all day. I try and eat a variety of healthy options, lean meats (chicken, shrimp, 93% lean beef, pork loin) and organic peanut butter, fresh fruits and veggies. Water, Water, Water and diet green teas. I have even added Weight Watchers Ice cream bars into my nightly treat and still end up with 200+ calories on a regular day. On my work out days it gives me roughly 1000+ calories short at the end of a day. I can't eat anymore. I am standing still at 217 pounds, 5'7'' (female) and have my diet set to 1200 calories a day.

How could I healthily increase my calories?
  • jdub660
    jdub660 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm an expert by no means, but I really love avocado for a healthy fat/ calorie upper. I agree with the others too, nut butters or nuts
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    helloitsdan....It's actually 1220...of course when I exercise I gain the extra calories but MFP advises me to at least get in 1220.

Question is....are you eating back all your calories burned?
    You wont see too much loss after the water weight drops if you continue down this road.

At any rate....1200 seems low.

I'll give you an example.
    I have clients at 5'3" eating 1800-2000 cals a day and losing significant weight.
    You on the other hand will be slowing RMR down in hopes that the fat will fuel your day.
    In a way it will but in the long run its going to take a very long time to get to goal.

This is my method and it works!
    If you want to try it and need support, let me know.
    Its based off the idea that if you give fat a reason not to exist then you wont have it.

The 4 major biological functions of fat tissue are (1) energy storage (2) toxin storage (3) protection against insulin resistance, and (4) protection against estrogen decline in women. Eliminate the functions of fat tissue also eliminates the reasons for its existence.

So do you think 1200 calories is the right way to get rid of unwanted fat?
    Do you think that sometime in the future when you have ANY meal that takes you above your total daily burn that it wont go straight to fat storage?
    1200 will certainly prime you for it.

Do what you feel comfortable with but read this and let me know if you have any Qs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Iseeprogress
    Options
    helloitsdan...i will check it out..Thanks!

outofthougts...try eating more healthy but higher calorie foods such as nuts, advocado, bananas etc....GL

mrsripdizzle1...good to know about the low protein default...now I won't stress over it...lol...