Beautiful Blues

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Jg - listen to Chrissy, she's a smart woman! And remember to come to us with all negative thoughts, so that you can get them out. We are here for you!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. I will go with eating half my calories for right now since I'm so use to not eating them at all. I'm also very excited about burning more calories in a day also. I think as soon as the kids get off to school I will get my exercising done and then go take a nap then get up and get stuff done around the house.

I really need to change my sleep schedule all together I'm working on it. slowly but surely.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Adding calories really helped me feel better than when I was at such a big deficit for a while...hopefully it'll help you too!

Keep an eye on what your burning....if your maintenance cals are 1800 say and you burn 900 - you're only netting 900 calories which is way too low...I found that was a problem for me and had to snack. If you ate half, you'd be at 1350...at least it's over 1200....I wouldn't be lower than net 1400 if you're trying to shoot for maintenance...

you could do the goal for what your goal weight is and see what maintenance cals would be for that and use that as your base, add exercise cals and be done.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jg - listen to Chrissy, she's a smart woman! And remember to come to us with all negative thoughts, so that you can get them out. We are here for you!

gosh - Chrissy, smart in the same sentence...I'm blushing!:blushing:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Damn cake - 1 piece BUT AAARRRRGGGGHHHH - that's all I'll say!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Cake? Is there cake somewhere? Fax me some, I'm dying here!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I did level 1 of the shred last night. My first workout in, Im ashamed to say 5 weeks :blushing: , but I am hoping that the sudden change will shock my system to start losing again. I forgot how hard it was my arms were shaking when I was done. I am going to either do the ab circle pro tonight or Jillian Michaels boost metabolism tonight just depending on whats going on, night do both

j_g don't give up we are all here to support you and help you any way we can
  • smadag1
    Options

Hubby gave me the carton of double choclate brownie ice cream to put back in the freezer when he was done with it and I wanted to take a bit, just one spoon full , but I put it back without so much as a lick
  • chrissyh
    Options

Hubby gave me the carton of double choclate brownie ice cream to put back in the freezer when he was done with it and I wanted to take a bit, just one spoon full , but I put it back without so much as a lick

I wasn't so good....oh well I enjoyed it while I ate it but then was mad at myself for it....today is a new Cake free day!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My husband was laughing at me over the weekend because I was in such a sour mood. He said that I was mad because I was eating wrong, but I was doing it anyway--so why not change my actions. Hmmm I guess I do have control over myself. Maybe?
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Good morning guys,

I just got back from the gym and did 35 minutes on treadmill and 10 minutes on elliptical and am going to do ab ripper x from p90x. I always feel so much better after I exercise both physically and mentally.

j_g4ever- It's okay to feel down, we all do. But don't you ever give up! Remember this is a life change and the beginning of new eating ways. I think Chrissy's and the other advices given would be good to do. The body sometimes needs a change.

smadag1- Great job on resisting the ice cream. That is my biggest weakness, but I'm actually going to buy an ice cream from the organic section with low cal and have it with small portions during the week. Feeling deprived is really not cool. Also, there are so many alternatives to high calorie desserts today. There's the 100 cal snacks and I've also heard of vitamuffins which are low cal and are supposedly high in vitamins. I haven't tried them yet, but I did see them in stop & shop's frozen organic foods section. And Jillian Michael's always kicks my butt, even if my body has been working out for a whole month. But, I guess that's why I like her workouts, because if I feel it's a struggle it's because it's working.

Here's to a good day all!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just checking in blues! Yesterday was a success for me. Stayed under my cals and I did a spin class at the gym. Tonight I have a boxing class.... and eating is on target. I've been drinking a ton of water as well. Also, started taking a multi-vitamin.

debnu1 - I get into a bad mood when I eat unhealthy too. I feel guilty... just makes me want to eat more. And I can feel my tummy get bloated... such a yucky feeling. Hard for me to get out of that sometimes. What your husband says makes sense... just not that simple!

almomay - I agree with you. I felt great after my spin class last night... felt on top of the world. Keep up the great work!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Taradise, you rock, girl!!! :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ugggh-I'm up again. It's those damn chocolate covered cranberries. Can't stop at just a few-must quit eating after supper!!!! Haaallpp!:explode:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey j-just read back a few posts. I have my sugar/eating evenings issues that I need help with, but one thing you can try to break over your plateau is lifting weights with a different amounts of reps and heaviness of the weight. At least 3-4 x per week. Switch things up. Different exercises, types, in different order. Anything to confuse your muscle. I haven't been measuring or journalling my food. Need to start doing that again, but when do you guys find time when you're working and doing household stuff? Gotta get back my motivation for the effort!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hey j-just read back a few posts. I have my sugar/eating evenings issues that I need help with, but one thing you can try to break over your plateau is lifting weights with a different amounts of reps and heaviness of the weight. At least 3-4 x per week. Switch things up. Different exercises, types, in different order. Anything to confuse your muscle. I haven't been measuring or journalling my food. Need to start doing that again, but when do you guys find time when you're working and doing household stuff? Gotta get back my motivation for the effort!

Look at that sweet baby in your ticker....funny you me and smadag all have our pups in our tickers!

Time seems very high in demand and short in supply doesn't it!
  • smadag1
    Options
    wanted to go for a walk on my lunch but the wind will not quit blowing. I can handle it being 38 degrees but the wind is making it unbearable. I guess I will just have ot do extra work tonight
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Taradise, you rock, girl!!! :drinker:

Thanks shutterbug4674!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Ok i stumbled a little hubby brought me a blizzard from DQ and I ate a little more than half. I know it is not a big deal but I want to hold myself accountable. I know I should have told him I didn;t want one, but the thought of him wanting to bring me lunch and see me after his day at work got the best of me. Oh well I will just have to work it off tonight.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    smadag, don't worry about it. I ate ice cream for dinner on sunday:blushing: . We all have slips and then get back on the wagon. Exercise will help tonight for sure. Don't beat yourself up about it. You can even the score, so to speak. :bigsmile:

Here is our new thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76076-beautiful-blues-week-of-1-11-10