diet pills?

Options
124»

Replies

• oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that has posted and those that have not yet posted. I am eating healthy and exercising. Not looking for a quick fix, just a boost. I know that diet and exercise works. Sometimes you just need a little boost.

If you need a boost, work harder in your workouts.

Diet pills will not help, even for a boost.
  • ItsSamantha
    Options
    I think thats diet pills can help.I wanted to take them to help boost my metabolism & so i wouldn't over eat.I took Lipozene for 10 days and lost 4 lbs.I still ate healthy & exercised daily.I recently started taking hydroxycut,i have been taking them on and off for 8 days now.I have lost 2 lbs so far.

Good luck!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    First of all, sorry on behalf of all of the people that said something rude or put in their 2 cents that you didn't ask for. I don't think that was necessary.

To answer your question: I've been taking slimquick razor and it works really well. I take 1 in the morning and 1 at night with meals. Gives me energy and makes me a lot less hungry than I usually am.

Also, I have been trying to call around to dr. offices for years hoping they prescribed phentermine, because that basically is a quick fix pill. It's bad for your heart and not healthy, obviously, but if I could've gotten my hands on it, I definitely would have taken it. Gives you tons of engergy, makes you not hungry at all, and when I took it for a few days I lost almost 10 pounds. It's amazing. (Can't wait to see what people have to say about that.. LOL) .. Basically a speed pill so not the best idea, but a lot of doctors do still prescribe it, just hard to find one!

Hope you find what you're looking for!! :flowerforyou:

call any medical spa...they prescribe them. family doctors don't.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding a diet pill to my routin. I'm eating healthier and exercising. Seeing little results. Which ones have you used? Did they work or not?

Most all over the counter diet pills main ingredient are either caffeine, ephedrine, fiber, or combinations of them. Instead of paying some ridiculous amount of money on a so called diet pill instead drink some coffee, tea, or eat some fiber to feel full and save your self money to spend on better things.
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using QuikTrim Cleanse.. its a two week program and you take 4 pills 1 hour before going to bed, and 2 pills with your 2 biggest meals. It worked great!! Supressed my appetite, gave me energy but not too much.

I have not heard about Quiktrim Cleanse. Is it all natural? Where is it sold?

I got mine at walmart 24.99..
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Original Poster: how long have you been exercising and eating healthy? When I started on this journey I was only losing 1.8 lbs a week. (sometimes less) don't be disappointed that it isn't going fast. Keep doing what you are already doing and it will come off.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    They are kind of a waste of money, but i get sucked in.... SlimQuick will give you lots of energy
    MegaTeaGreenTea did nothing for me

really what you need is a good multi-vitamin and maybe some fiber if ur lacking in that department.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding a diet pill to my routin. I'm eating healthier and exercising. Seeing little results. Which ones have you used? Did they work or not?

Diet pills fall under two basic categories, though many contain some element of both:

1. Stimulants
    2. Appetite suppressants or "filler"

Stimulants themselves are also appetite suppressants, of course.

The problem with using both is pretty simple. Once you get off them, the suppressant effect and the stimulant effect go away and unless you've worked really hard to get your diet under control, the weight will simply come back with a vengeance. Well, that and the side effects of a lot of the stimulants used - a number of products have been pulled from the market over side effects.

wrong--there are two diet aids-suppressants and fat blockers..

i know this because i am on a prescription fat blocker. it i the prescription form of alli. my dr and i both discussed all the aids out there and decided that phentermine or the stimulant/suppressants all too often can lead to A.) addiction and B.) cardiac arrest with no real learning in the whole process. I was prescribed Xenical 120 mg and the active ingridient is Orlistat. While yes, there may be some horrid side effects--IF you do NOT follow a proper diet. I follow my diet guidelines and have been on it for over 3 weeks now with not a one horror story to tell. I keep my fats low and cut out fried foods and sodas and the likes. Alli is the otc form which blocked 25% of the fat from each meal whereas the prescription Xenical blocks 30% of fat from each meal you eat. You take one three times a day with each meal that contains fat. If it doesn't have a high fat count or any fat in it, you just dont take it. I trust my dr and know he would only do what is best for me as he also required I have blood work and x-rays and a CT Scan done to check my levels, kidneys, gall bladdders and so forth to make sure it would be safe for me to take them and there was no underlying effect to why I couldn't drop my pregnancy weight.

The good thing about this pill is that it holds you accountable for what you eat! It trains you to look at labels, understand your foods, know your limits. I'm only taking them for two months tops and I have no worries whatsoever that I will "fall back" into my old ways. It's giving me the extra boost I need to keep pushing forward and educate myself on better eating habits. P.S. make sure to watch your sodium for water retention! :happy:

you're right, clearly there is no such thing as thermogenics

your sarcasm font must be turned off :huh:

i said he was wrong in saying there were two types of diet pills being a stimulant or suppressant because a fat blocker (fat absorption inhibitor) is a diet pill. suppressants and stimulants are often listed under the same category.

""Types of Prescription Weight Loss Drugs
    Currently, most available weight loss drugs approved by the FDA are for short-term use, meaning a few weeks or months.

One type of weight-loss medication is "appetite suppressants." These drugs generally come in the form of tablets or extended-release capsules (pills that release medication over a long period of time). Appetite suppressants can be obtained by a doctor's prescription or purchased over the counter. One common prescription appetite suppressant is phentermine.

Another type of prescription weight loss drug is a fat absorption inhibitor. Xenical is the only example of this type of treatment approved for use in the U.S. Xenical works by blocking about 30% of dietary fat from being absorbed. Xenical is now sold over-the-counter as Alli.

Xenical is the only weight loss drug approved for longer-term use in significantly obese people, although the safety and effectiveness have not been established for use beyond two years."

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/weight-loss-prescription-weight-loss-medicine

And of course as i stated i am on a prescription, and will only be on it 2 months max as a jump start to help. This is not something people usually gain weight back on as studies have shown. It is also used at times to help people maintain a certain weight but for a "short term"

I did my research on my own before i agreed to any pill-thanks :yawn:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Also, I have been trying to call around to dr. offices for years hoping they prescribed phentermine, because that basically is a quick fix pill. It's bad for your heart and not healthy, obviously [...]
    You're thinking of fenfluramine (Pondimin) which used to be prescribed with phentermine (Adipex) as the "fen-fen" combination. Fenfluramine was removed from the market because it was causing issues with heart valves. Phentermine has been around since 1956 and does have side effects, but that's why it's important to have your doctor monitor you. It can cause high blood pressure in some people, so it requires a prescription and a visit to the doctor every few weeks.

Some doctors won't prescribe it as a "quick fix" for people only looking to lose 20-30 pounds because of the risks. It's more common to prescribe it to patients who are obese and need help controlling their appetite/binges while getting used to eating fewer calories. Most are taken off of it after 2-3 months since it loses efficacy (and it's expected the patient will have their appetite/calories under control by then). Some people do gain most/all of the weight back, but that's because they return to their old eating habits, mostly because they thought of it as a miracle pill instead of a tool to help them start a healthy lifestyle. Those who continue to maintain their calorie restriction and exercise regimen continue to lose weight.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think thats diet pills can help.I wanted to take them to help boost my metabolism & so i wouldn't over eat.I took Lipozene for 10 days and lost 4 lbs.I still ate healthy & exercised daily.I recently started taking hydroxycut,i have been taking them on and off for 8 days now.I have lost 2 lbs so far.

Good luck!!

I have Lipozene but haven't tried them.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    Hi, I have been using QuikTrim Cleanse.. its a two week program and you take 4 pills 1 hour before going to bed, and 2 pills with your 2 biggest meals. It worked great!! Supressed my appetite, gave me energy but not too much.

I have not heard about Quiktrim Cleanse. Is it all natural? Where is it sold?

I got mine at walmart 24.99..

Has it worked for you?
  • alleykat69
    Options
    Original Poster: how long have you been exercising and eating healthy? When I started on this journey I was only losing 1.8 lbs a week. (sometimes less) don't be disappointed that it isn't going fast. Keep doing what you are already doing and it will come off.

I have lost 5 lbs in 2 months
  • alleykat69
    Options
    They are kind of a waste of money, but i get sucked in.... SlimQuick will give you lots of energy
    MegaTeaGreenTea did nothing for me

really what you need is a good multi-vitamin and maybe some fiber if ur lacking in that department.

That is what I've heard. Vitamins and fiber is the way to go.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

can't see your diary, but perhaps you're eating too many carbs. some people can't lose weight by only restricting calories. ditch the sugar, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. stick to protein and vegetables for a while.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options

thats pretty good. you seem to be doing well, just keep at it. diet pills only deal with the symptoms of an unhealthy lifestyle(unwanted weight gain), they don’t cure the cause. So when you go off the pills you will just gain it back. Trust me, i am speaking from experience. i've been on my weight loss journey through MFP since Feb, only losing about 2 lbs a month. i'm FINALLY at my halfway point but the part i'm happiest about is that i have changed my eating habits and i now know what i SHOULD be eating.
  • filletminyon
    Options
    Diet pills for the most part, CAN work, but I myself, don't recommend them to anyone serious about losing weight and getting in shape, here's a little tweak, what you can do to help aid weight loss, is to improve your digestion. Doesn't matter what you eat. And I've found that drinking a hot cup of chamomile tea helps with that. The tea itself aids in digestion, while the extra water helps to fill you up faster whilst making you eat less, which works out in the long run when counting calories, and based on what I've gathered on this site......the system counts "calories"