A NEW ME - 2010 Weight Loss Challenge!

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ok Buddies we are.. What sometimes happens to me is I do not devote enough of my time , energy or resources to making me successful. What I also realize is that my entire family benefits when I am happy and successful. So dont forget to indulge yourself this week. Dont feel guilty exercising, buying some healthy food, and using mental energy on your own slf improvement! Christy

Thanks Christy, I like this!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Did we get a new challenge this week? Did I just miss it?

weighed in yesterday and I am a lb down so far this week! I am excited!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Did we get a new challenge this week? Did I just miss it?

weighed in yesterday and I am a lb down so far this week! I am excited!

Here you go....

Thu 01/07/10 04:32 AM This Week's Challenge is to drink 80oz's of water which is 10/ 8oz cups

So why is water so important?

For a few reasons really. The human body typically consists of between 60% and 75% water. In the body, water's responsibilities include removing waste material from the body and moving other nutrients around the body. It also keeps your body temperature correct, for example the loss of water from the body (sweating) is the bodies way of keeping you cool.

Get that water in everyone, you can do it!!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    got my water in today and yesterday! how are you all doing? i LOVE water now, this time 3 years ago i really struggled with it, but it really does become a habit

:drinker:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Okay so today wasn't one of my best days. I had lasagna, and bread with butter for dinner with a mini pecan pie for desert. But on the other hand I cleaned the whole house today and I just finished a good workout. Usually as soon as I would eat something higher in calories I would just give up on that day and eat whatever I want for the rest of the day and watch T.V.

Here's to better habits in 2010!
  • Majot
    Majot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    got my water in today and yesterday! how are you all doing? i LOVE water now, this time 3 years ago i really struggled with it, but it really does become a habit

:drinker:

This is so true. It seems like the more water I drink, the more I want. I've been trying to drink 96 ounces a day since the beginning of this year. It's really helped me with snacking. Water is so filling!
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am sucking at getting my water in :( Does tea count...heh it is made with water...

I realized I forgot to post my weigh in on Thursday...so:
    12/31: 151.5
    1/7: 151.5
    no weight loss but I totally overdid it on NYE and NY day, so I am not surprised. Hopefully I will see some results this week!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Thanks guys! I actually found a home work out idea that worked well for me.

Take a deck of cards. I used the 10's, all the face cards and the Ace.
    Assign each of the suits a different exercise.
    Example:
    Diamonds: running up and down the stair I have
    Hearts: line jumps
    Spades: Lunges
    Clubs: jumping jacks
    (you can use sits ups, crunches, push ups too)
    Then go shuffle and go through the deck and do the number of reps as the card you choose 10-15 basically. I did it through 2 times yesterday and burned 200 calories at home.

Thank you for suggesting this! I am using this idea at work. I have an office job, so I sit all day and really struggle with getting in enough movement during the day. I stacked my deck with things I could do easily in my cubicle at work, and I am so excited to start it today!
    Hearts: Side oblique crunches
    Spades: Front toe taps
    Clubs: Overhead tricep toner
    Diamonds: Ballerina leg lifts
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Christy- Thanks for the tip. I had a baby in Nov 08 and Ive let my self go terribly ever since, my entire time is devoted to him. It took me 11 months to realize that I was exhausted and not taking proper care of him because I wasnt taking proper care of myself. My new years resolution is to take care of ME. Thanks for the tip! Hows this week going for you? I am doing great, got through my first weekend just fine. Hard part was not drinking during the football games, but it wasnt a biggie

Mommakisses- Good for you for not giving up on the rest of the day after your slip up. I do the same thing...if I cheat I just go wild and say I had messed the day up anyways. Kudos to you!

Doing great on the water, hows everyone else doing?!

~Cris
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Im having such a hard time with drinking water i never want water would tea count as water intake??? I try to fill up a big water bottle and take it with me every where i go but i always forget to drink it or i'll grab a diet coke or Diet energy drink instead... Does anyone have great tips on how to get all that water in ??
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I used to have trouble getting my water in but the way I started drinking it was 1. I always set a goal on the amount of water I wanted to drink that day. So typically lets say if you do 8- 8oz glasses, you need to drink 64oz of water a day and thats your goal.

2. I started making my self drink half a bottle of water (8oz) before each meal to "fill me up" then the other half when I was done eating. I did this before and after each meal. Most water bottles are 16.9oz.

I also make sure I track how many water I drink, it becomes kind of a competitive thing, can I beat my goal. and its fun checking off the ounces i already drank it makes me proud. Hope some of this helps.

Now I always havea awater bottle with me and just make sure I drink it whenever I feel hunger pangs or if Im 'bored' instead of eating I see how much I can drink lol
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I am sucking at getting my water in :( Does tea count...heh it is made with water...

I realized I forgot to post my weigh in on Thursday...so:
    12/31: 151.5
    1/7: 151.5
    no weight loss but I totally overdid it on NYE and NY day, so I am not surprised. Hopefully I will see some results this week!

Hang in there with the water. Although I'm not a pro at getting all of my water in every day, I have found that drinking it from a pop-up top container really helps. I have no idea why, but it does. You can always squeeze a little lemon in there, too. Good luck!
  • Majot
    Options
    I've always had a hard time with the water too. Here's what I started at the beginning of this year that's helped me out with that. I made a rule for myself that I can't drink anything else until I've finished all my water. The big thing I'd like to have is coffee. So, I try to hurry through my water so that I can have some. Usually I finish my water in the middle of the afternoon. By that time, I rarely want my coffee anymore, but at least it gets me to drink it. I also have a 24 ounce container that I keep refilling with water. My goal is to drink four of those. That sounds like a lot less than 8-8 oz glasses or something like that. So, it's a psychological trick.

I'm willing to do the challenge for next week if we still need a person to do that.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back on track in a few more days... silly head cold turned into sinus infection, so I've been out of the game for almost 2 weeks now. :sick:

But on meds now and feeling MUCH better!! :glasses:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    hey Majot, thats great, so we need you to post our new challenge on thursday whenever you can and we will all get motivated together! :drinker:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I have only completed 1 day this past week, last Thursday I got a stomach virus and the last thing I wanted to think about was food. BUT this morning I weighed in and 2 pounds down!!!

Starting weight 193
    1/4/10: 194 (Ladies you understand TOM and Guys I am sure you can figure it out)
    1/11/10: 192
    1/18/10:
    1/25/10:
    Goal by the end of January 185lbs; baby steps - its all about baby steps!!!
  • Majot
    Options
    Start weight 12/31/09 - 194.8
    1/7/10 - 190.8
    1/14/10 - 188.0

Goal weight - 128
  • Majot
    Options
    This week's challenge is to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables every day. Not only do fruits and vegetables have lots of nutrients and vitamins that are good for your body, but they also give you more bang for your buck. In other words, you can eat a lot more fruits or vegetables for the same number of calories that you could eat something sugary or something high in carbs. So, eat those fruits and veggies this week!! Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • Davilee
    Davilee Posts: 13
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Morning All, and Marjot :flowerforyou: this week's challenge is sooooo doable for me since I :heart: fruits and vegetables. I've done well this week, I lost 1 more pound this week. Good luck to everyone this coming week, and congrats on all the hard work done toward imroving our health.:bigsmile:

SW 1/04/10 143.6
    GW Short term 135
    GW Long term 125
    1/7/10 142.6

1/14/10 141.6
    2 pounds lost since challenge began :heart:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Starting weight 12/31/09: 184.4lbs

1/7/10: 181.6lbs :bigsmile:
    1/14/10: 183.4 (+1.8lbs, TOM eating was kinda bad):ohwell:
    1/21/10:

Total lost: -1lbs

I'm not upset that I gained weight this week and didn't make my own challenge of drinking 10 cups of water but I'm going to do better today forward.. Everyday is a struggle and I take it one day at a time.. :flowerforyou: