Ladies! Do you gain weight during your period?

Options

Replies

• goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I almost always do, usually the week before anywhere between 2-6 pounds, but then end up losing more during that dreaded week!! The key is not to stop anything you normally do, exercising and drinking lots of water, that is what I have found out anyway! Good Luck :happy:
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yep! Like others, usually about 1-2 pounds :/ .....But afterwards it comes right back off.. I attribute it to water retention and ... possibly eating some things like.. chocolate.... lol All within my calories *of course*.. but the sugar doesn't help!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    oh my yes, usually right before, but I try not to change anything. Usually gain 5-7 pounds, usually go back down to normal, plus loose more, but dont change anything: diet or exercise

I am the same usually but I have noticed that if I exercise more and I am eating right then I will gain only about 2-3 versus the 5-6
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Just water retention. It starts 3 days prior and stop towards the middle.
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I gain the week before and during when I am bloated (1-3lbs that just sits) and then as long as I stick with healthy eating and exercise during, I usually come out of it a few lbs lighter than before. Hormones :eye roll:
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't normally gain but tend not to lose either, I think with me it's water retention as it seems to come off more the following week
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    great post because I got really worried last week and thats partically why .
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I feel so bloated I would never dare step on the scale. I already feel like crap and don't want to feel even worse!
  • tedeez
    tedeez Posts: 18
    Options
    I always do about 2-3 lbs. sometimes it comes off right away and sometimes it doesn't.
  • Lavinder99
    Lavinder99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do... Definite water weight for sure because I am pretty strict with staying at or under my calorie goal for the day. When my period is over, I tend to pee a lot and then I see my real weight the day or so that it ends. Don't torture yourself and weigh yourself that week!!!
  • TeganZelenka
    Options
    I gain too - usually a pound of two - and then one week afterwards I'm back to normal. I just stay away from the scale the week leading up to, and during!! :)
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    I read online that women can gain up to 12lbs worth of water weight during their period, this I'm sure is also in part due to cravings and giving in to salty and sweet foods that increase water retention. Just try to stay hydrated as much as possible while keeping away from high sodium foods and sweets as usual. I've been known to pack on 5-7lbs of water weight within a few days and almost dropped dead of shock
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    no i do not. but i dont eat any more during that time and i still work out at the same level
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    So glad I am not the only one. I have been working so hard to lose the last of my baby weight and last month had lost 6 pounds. The day my period started I got on the scale and had gained back all 6 pounds! I felt more bloated then normal and could tell in my face and fingers that they looked a lot more chubbier. I am on my 4th day today and have lost almost all the weight except a pound or two. Still can't get my wedding ring off so hopefully the water weight will be off by the end of the week.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    All the time! I usually gain between 5 and 8 pounds! And I'm only 4,11 :(
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    This is what I do:
    a) avoid the scale - I know it's water retention weight and a PMS thing, but the numbers can get depressing or scary anyway, so no scale until my period's over.
    b) keep a pair of jeans that are slightly bigger than my size. I often get bloated during my period and I don't like the feeling of tight clothes. Besides the obvious physical discomfort, they make me feel larger and it's not a nice feeling.
    c) drink a lot of water and herbal tea
  • meaghanrocks
    meaghanrocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost weight.... like 2 pounds leading up to mine and have gained back 4.... but dont get me started on the inches ive gained since starting my period..... no impressed.... my monthly weigh in and measurements are in 6 days.... i pray i am back on track for it.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my period and since I have gained one pound and have been stuck there for the past few days. Do you gain during your period? And if so, how much for how long?

Yes I tend to gain weight. Once I gained 9 lbs. in 3 days. YIKES! Lately, I have really tried not to gain, and the past 2 cycles have been gain free!! yay, but we will see long term. My cravings that time of the month are so overly intense it is quite a feat to not give in!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is actually proven that your weight can fluctuate 2-5 lbs while on your period. My usually only goes up about a pounds but drops as soon as my period is over.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nope...i tend to lose more actually. lol im a freak.

I'm the same way! I gain before my period, and the second I get it I lose like crazy.