BIG QUESTION ????

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Make drug testing essential for people on government assistance

*punches ^ in face..... ridiculous and discriminatory policy. Since when is addiction not a treatable disease? Wouldn't that money be better spent investing in treatment programs to help those people instead of punishing them, making their problems worse, and worst of all hurting the children of those families who already struggle?

I would imprison ^^ for wanting to solve a disagreement with punching someone. and all people receiving assistance would be on a "treatment plan" and when you stray from your plan then you don't get paid that week. Also, if you're a drug addict then you wouldn't be allowed a license to have children (yes, you'd need a license to reproduce!)

so you are a communist?

A communist because I don't think punching someone is the answer?? Or for wanting to be sure that people receiving assistance actually are in need of it?

high_horse.jpg
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

*punches ^ in face..... ridiculous and discriminatory policy. Since when is addiction not a treatable disease? Wouldn't that money be better spent investing in treatment programs to help those people instead of punishing them, making their problems worse, and worst of all hurting the children of those families who already struggle?

I would imprison ^^ for wanting to solve a disagreement with punching someone. and all people receiving assistance would be on a "treatment plan" and when you stray from your plan then you don't get paid that week. Also, if you're a drug addict then you wouldn't be allowed a license to have children (yes, you'd need a license to reproduce!)

I've been saying this for YEARS
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options

what about recovering drug addicts?

That is the kicker; recovering addict means they are trying; drug tests for assistance and then a voucher stating "I'm recovering" from the agency that is helping them. Give them assistance as long as they stick with it. It isn't cut and dry, but I know my share of folks that collect assistance but don't bother to do more. :\ Nothing like $300 dollars of foodstamps on pop, candy and instant meals. *shrugs* Ah well.
  • RoseSweet
    Options
    Make sure a mass murderer, (like the nut in the Aurora Colorado killings) does not get any publicity at all, put him in a dark room where no cameras are allowed.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'll be sleeping on your couch tonight; I don't shower to often, I hope you don't mind. Hehehe.

You need to take your dirty ### down to your local Bank of America branch and crash on their waiting room sofa. They are the ones who have gotten trillions in government assistance, with no strings attached. Poor people in America basically get screwed.

--P
  • thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options

That is the kicker; recovering addict means they are trying; drug tests for assistance and then a voucher stating "I'm recovering" from the agency that is helping them. Give them assistance as long as they stick with it. It isn't cut and dry, but I know my share of folks that collect assistance but don't bother to do more. :\ Nothing like $300 dollars of foodstamps on pop, candy and instant meals. *shrugs* Ah well.

Read the studies after this passed in Florida - The money they spent drug testing all applicants (because they had to reimburse those that passed) was far and beyond the money they denied to the less than 2% that failed the tests. The governor directly profited from this because the drug company contracted to do the tests was one he own stock in.

Next question - Why aren't alcoholics targets of receiving assistance then? Along your line of reasoning this abuse would not stand either but there is no test for that even though alcoholism is far more common.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No more human trafficking
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    if everyone just sat back, chilled out and had a smoke everyone wud get on and it would be a happy harmonious world. lol
  • akoivisto
    Options
    I'll be sleeping on your couch tonight; I don't shower to often, I hope you don't mind. Hehehe.

You need take your dirty ### down to your local Bank of America branch and crash on their waiting room sofa. They are the ones who have gotten trillions in government assistance, with no strings attached. Poor people in America basically get screwed.

--P

Drug tests for CEO's of BoA? *laughs* :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ban animal cruelty and make it an offense worthy of jail time (or heck, capital punishment!).
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    "two chicks at the same time"
    "Office Space" reference FTW.
  • baturtle
    baturtle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Huge pay raises for teachers, along with smaller class sizes.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Read the studies after this passed in Florida - The money they spent drug testing all applicants (because they had to reimburse those that passed) was far and beyond the money they denied to the less than 2% that failed the tests. The governor directly profited from this because the drug company contracted to do the tests was one he own stock in.

Next question - Why aren't alcoholics targets of receiving assistance then? Along your line of reasoning this abuse would not stand either but there is no test for that even though alcoholism is far more common.

I just realized that you have taken a good topic and made it miserable. Congrats for the derailment.

to the OP, my apologies for being sucked in by this. As my next act as the all knowing I will forbid trolls from derailing threads.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Assign an online identity to every person, so that they can't hide behind some alias and pretend that they have the power to say anything while hiding behind anonymity.

It bothers me to no end that people think they can say anything they want behind some alias and think there is no repercussion, yes we have freedom of speech, but own up to your thoughts and ideas. Don't hide.
  • akoivisto
    Options

I agree, there is no test outside of a constant eye; thus it is something we have little ability to control. I'd take it this way. I, myself, have $20.00, thats it to spend. Two people, complete strangers come up to me. One looks slovenly, drunkard... the other looks like a normal mom with two kids. Assumptions can be made for both based on that. Some people would say, the drunk should get your help, he has an addicition. Others would say the mom with two kids. How do I determine who would most benefit from the money? If I had a drug test and the mom posted for Heroine, do the kids then outweigh the fact she is a drug addict? *shrugs* Grey area, there is a lot of it!
  • akoivisto
    Options

I just realized that you have taken a good topic and made it miserable. Congrats for the derailment.

to the OP, my apologies for being sucked in by this. As my next act as the all knowing I will forbid trolls from derailing threads.

G'ah! Your right! I was sucked in like a wet noodle into a baby's mouth! *feels bad*

Ceases!
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options

AMEN! And require food stamps be for healthy foods. I cringe when I see the cart loaded with garbage.

Both of these! And putting a limit on how many children you can have while on assistance... If you can't support 1 you shouldn't be allowed to have the second while on assistance.
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Next question - Why aren't alcoholics targets of receiving assistance then? Along your line of reasoning this abuse would not]]
    stand either but there is no test for that even though alcoholism is far more common.

completely agree with this dont know why some people on this site r so moody miserable and argumentative, thort this was supposed to b fun and was a good topic!
  • thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Well then my answer to the big question would be to stop discrimination and force everyone to have facts to back up their opinions.
  • akoivisto
    Options
    Make sure a mass murderer, (like the nut in the Aurora Colorado killings) does not get any publicity at all, put him in a dark room where no cameras are allowed.

I like that.