• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    ur husband is def. a keeper! :heart:

He is for sure :heart:
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    I think I've heard pretty much every possible fat bashing, hateful and rude comment in my 38 years of life. My personal favorite is "do you know you're fat?" Like WTF? No, I had no idea, thanks for pointing it out though.
    lol, its like people think we don't look in a mirror. I loved when people tell me I'm losing my hair. Um yeah, thanks. It's been thinning out since I was 16 but now that YOU told me, I can accept it
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    These cracked me up this morning... haha Keep em coming all! Knowing all of us have heard some doozies over the years makes each comment to come all the more hilarious! I think when I hear something incredibly stupid from now on, I'll think about this thread instead of thinking WTF? hahaha
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I think I've heard pretty much every possible fat bashing, hateful and rude comment in my 38 years of life. My personal favorite is "do you know you're fat?" Like WTF? No, I had no idea, thanks for pointing it out though.
    lol, its like people think we don't look in a mirror. I loved when people tell me I'm losing my hair. Um yeah, thanks. It's been thinning out since I was 16 but now that YOU told me, I can accept it

HA! Exactly right?! "Now that I have YOUR understanding I will be able to move forward in life, thanks!"
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Oh God! I forgot about my OB-GYN: She says to me (While I'm in the most awkward position possible) "You have nice coloring."

(silence)
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    People at work are finally starting to take notice of my weight loss. One I got the other day... 'Wow, you've lost weight! Are you ill?"
    Sigh.

I often get this too ... :mad:
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not really weight loss related but...
    I had my hair cut shorter last week after deciding I had lost a fair bit of weight and should probably tame the tangled mass on head.
    One of my clients (i work with old people)

them: 'oh your haircut takes 10 years off you!!!'
    Me: 'thanks :-) '
    them: 'you look about 35 now'
    Me 'thanks :-s'

Im 26!

Im putting it down to old age, it still makes me chuckle every time i think about it!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Not really weight loss related but...
    I had my hair cut shorter last week after deciding I had lost a fair bit of weight and should probably tame the tangled mass on head.
    One of my clients (i work with old people)

them: 'oh your haircut takes 10 years off you!!!'
    Me: 'thanks :-) '
    them: 'you look about 35 now'
    Me 'thanks :-s'

Im 26!

Im putting it down to old age, it still makes me chuckle every time i think about it!

Holy Crap! hahaha Word to the wise out there... Never guess a woman's age... EVER. :laugh:
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    lol true! I really dont look 35 (30 at most) and Im pretty sure i never looked 45!
  • BadBabs
    BadBabs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 more ponds to lose and have lost 20 so far. My dear sister said to me, "Wow, you look great. What do you have, only about 5 more pounds to lose?" She was being so sarcastic because I obviously have WAY more than 5 pounds to lose!! To make matters worse, she's skinny.

I just smiled and agreed, but it really hurt. :(
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I have about 100 more ponds to lose and have lost 20 so far. My dear sister said to me, "Wow, you look great. What do you have, only about 5 more pounds to lose?" She was being so sarcastic because I obviously have WAY more than 5 pounds to lose!! To make matters worse, she's skinny.

I just smiled and agreed, but it really hurt. :(

Of course it did! But, you WILL get to the point that you only have 5 pounds to go and what will she say then??? Probably nothing...just sitting back trying to swallow the jealousy of how HOTT you look and how healthy you are! :wink:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Not entirely on topic, but related...

I once told a guy friend of mine congratulations as his wife looked to be expecting...

...except that she wasn't. His reply was, "no, she just hasn't been in the gym as much lately." Another guy was there to witness this whole ordeal and he had a very appropriate WTF/SMH look. I still wonder if he ever told his wife. I hope not.

And that's when I extended my "unless I actually see a baby body part or you very directly say the words, "I am pregnant right now," I will not acknowledge your pregnancy in any way" rule to husbands too.
    I usually go with "someone told me your wife is expecting..."
  • RaindanceMeghan
    Options
    Awe, thank you so much. :-)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    People at work are finally starting to take notice of my weight loss. One I got the other day... 'Wow, you've lost weight! Are you ill?"
    Sigh.

I often get this too ... :mad:

My reply to that would be "no, I'm sick, sick of idiots like you"
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Said by a friend expecting her 2nd baby, upon hearing that I have about 10 lbs/1 size to go: "Oh no, if you lose any more you won't be able to get pregnant!!"

Not that I've ever given her any indication that we're trying to get pregnant or plan to have children.

Because slim people don't have children...? dafuq?

it is possible that if you lose too much weight, a woman can suffer from something called amenorrhea, which means the absence of a menstrual cycle when you are of child bearing age. Therefore she is too light for her body to have a menstrual cycle and get pregnant. It is also very difficult for women with very low body weights/ fat percentages to support the growth of a child.

I seriously doubt that this woman was that well informed, but this might be what she meant.

Oh yeah, that's definitely what she was getting at, but at 25% body fat I am far, far from risk of amenorrhea. Before her first pregnancy she was smaller than I am now and got pregnant soon after they started trying. I tried to chalk it up to making conversation using something she's familiar with. She's not running right now, but with 2 pregnancies in 3 years, she knows a lot about pregnancy right now.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Never guess a woman's age... EVER. :laugh:
    One of the most dreaded questions a guy can get from a woman: "how old do I look?"
    Either avoid the question or guess way low. There's no way to win this one.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant and really started to show in November 2012 someone said "you finally have an a$s. Must be to balance out that belly." Yeah I might have an *kitten* but at least I am not one.

At one of my weigh ins for the baby doctor I gained 10lbs in a month and the nurse that took my weight said "my my someone has been taking a lot of trips to the fridge this month!"

after my daughter was born in January a nurse came in to chexk my belly and said "omg look at those stretch marks" in a very flabbergasted tone.

Since having the baby 2.5 months ago I am getting "did you starve yourself to get that thin?" And "your *kitten* is flat again"

People are awesome. :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im visiting Asia right now...where the obsession to be stick thin is ..HUGE.. pun intended.

this week i was chatting with some old friends...who are Thai.. one girl very excitedly told me.. " Wow! you have lost so much weight! no Thom Thom like last time.. so Fat Fat!!"

:laugh: i couldnt help laughing