What's your personal therapy when you're feeling down? :(

Options
You know those days that just suck and you feel gross and you just want to lay in bed and not move ever because life is poop? (but only for that day lol)

What's your personal therapy? tea? exercise? a bath? a particular movie?
obviously i'm havin' one of those days, looool. but it's nice to know what other people do to get through them :)

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a crap day. A few things I do:

- a cup of coffee while I walk around my garden
    -exercise if I have the time
    -Impromptu dance party. Just a few songs, nothing romantic, nothing sad (Club can't handle me - Flo Rida; and All the Above - Maino are some of my favorites)
    - put on Pandora and clean my house
    -text friends and make plans, even if its for next week. Always makes me feel better

Good luck
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Sorry you're having a crap day. A few things I do:

- a cup of coffee while I walk around my garden
    -exercise if I have the time
    -Impromptu dance party. Just a few songs, nothing romantic, nothing sad (Club can't handle me - Flo Rida; and All the Above - Maino are some of my favorites)
    - put on Pandora and clean my house
    -text friends and make plans, even if its for next week. Always makes me feel better

Good luck

That first one sounds so lovely. I wish I had a garden :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I go for a drive somewhere pretty (less now that I live in MD)

I make coffee or read a book...cuddle with the hubbs...

My personal fav is to watch a Jane Austin movie while drinking Earl Grey tea...
  • elliemae207
    Options
    Sorry that you're having one of those days.

I walk, swim (weather permitting 'cause our clubhouse pool is outdoors) or watch a marathon of my fave TV series on DVD.

Then I tell myself, "This too shall pass!" And it always does.

So cheer up! The best is yet to come...

You know those days that just suck and you feel gross and you just want to lay in bed and not move ever because life is poop? (but only for that day lol)

What's your personal therapy? tea? exercise? a bath? a particular movie?
    obviously i'm havin' one of those days, looool. but it's nice to know what other people do to get through them :)
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like to blaze it and put on my headphones something loud and do yoga stretches. thats what I am doing now.. laying in bed, blown, stretching out
  • para999sal
    Options
    Cuddles with my dog are great when I'm down.
    Some fav. Tunes on my iPod.
    An episode of my fav. Comedy, you loose Valerie's when you laugh.

Salena
  • deadbambi
    Options
    I like to blaze it and put on my headphones something loud and do yoga stretches. thats what I am doing now.. laying in bed, blown, stretching out

this sounds perfect. xD
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

this sounds perfect. xD
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    getting nailed to the bed.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    LIke everybody else...music...and
    -play guitar or piano
    -meditate and count my blessings
    -hang with Dog (that's her name)
    -take a break from the office and go sit out on the back porch area and watch the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks
    -call someone I love
    -call someone I don't love :laugh:
    -call someone who is in greater need than me and encourage them
    -call and order a pizza and have it sent to someone else :happy:
    -if wife is home....chase her around the house and count it as "aerobics, general"

We all have our downs...sorry you are having one. I try to make my downs a visit and not a permanent home. Peace!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Shopping!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    wine
  • nayers86
    nayers86 Posts: 60
    Options
    When I feel down, I go running or head to my pilates studio. Refocusing myself by getting active and getting the endorphins flowing always helps :smile:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Depending on the cause of the stress, sometimes I need to move and sometimes not. Long walks on the local trails. Hot bath or shower. Shopping. Spending a couple hours giving myself a really thorough mani/pedi. A nap. Turning on music and dancing my aces off in my living room. All have value to me.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    LIke everybody else...music...and
    -play guitar or piano
    -meditate and count my blessings
    -hang with Dog (that's her name)
    -take a break from the office and go sit out on the back porch area and watch the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks
    -call someone I love
    -call someone I don't love :laugh:
    -call someone who is in greater need than me and encourage them
    -call and order a pizza and have it sent to someone else :happy:
    -if wife is home....chase her around the house and count it as "aerobics, general"

We all have our downs...sorry you are having one. I try to make my downs a visit and not a permanent home. Peace!

LOL THAT LAST ONE MADE ME LAUGH . that's so funny. oh my. Aerobics General. too cute. haha
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    Exercise works wonders for me. I find it has to be hard and intense to make a difference though.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Movies, soaps, sleep, hex casting.......:wink::laugh:
    (maybe not the last thing:laugh: )
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    That first one sounds so lovely. I wish I had a garden :)
    [/quote]

Take a walk in the park. I walk five miles a day through GORGEOUS forested cemeteries in my neighborhood. I like to just breathe and think. It helps to reconnect to nature in some way.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Booze. Not even kidding. Cheaper than a shrink and always helps me relax and stop stressing or moping or whatever. Booze in the hot tub is even better. Or booze and sex and the hot tub. I like to keep it simple.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I go for a run. It's totally my therapy. If I can't run then I get up and do some sort of exercise. If that still doesn't do it, I eat some Nutella and watch bad reality TV! :)