diatomaceous earth

Options
13»

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    People take calcium supplements made from oyster shells. Glucosamine and Chondroitin can come from shellfish and shark cartilage. Many minerals we need for healthy (iron, copper, etc) are abundant in soil. Sodium comes from mines or the ocean.

Why is diatomaceous earth so freaky and different?

I don't take it because I haven't had need of it, but it's not really all that different from other things humans commonly take for their health. :laugh:

Well - for me the kicker is it's used to kill bugs. I don't normally eat insecticides, organic or not! :noway:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The feed store in my town currently has a sign up that says, "We now carry food grade diatemaceous earth!" I looked it up and assumed that they meant it was, like, appropriate for organic gardens or something.

OP, care to explain?

food grade means that it won't hurt you if you consume it from produce in your garden. It's pesticide free.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I feed it to my horse, for this arthritus and also to help keep worms etc at bay.
    My friend takes it for herself and loves the stuff her arthritus is much improved in her hands.