Can I still BBQ?

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as a healthy meat!!! Even lean meats will give you atherosclerosis.

cool story, bro.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm a meatatarian ... Im not sure I can stop that. I love cookouts.

My favs to make are: fajitas, sausage, brisquet, some chicken and of course the usual burgers and dogs.

What are some healthier choices I can toss on my grill?

with the exception of the hot dogs, it all sounds really good!!

also, this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/06/20/healthy-bbq/
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as a healthy meat!!! Even lean meats will give you atherosclerosis.

no
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

no
    A very well thought out and well articulated point. Thank you for your input.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    eating fat from food doesn't mean you will get fat.

:noway: What witchcraft is this!?
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still grill. In fact, grilling is a great way to cut fat as meat doesn't sit in its own juices. Just choose lean cuts of meats and healthy sides. You can even buy reduced fat hot dogs. Hebrew National 97% fat free are low cal but great tasting. Good luck and enjoy your grilling.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and eat the meat, just put a foil bag of veggies on to steam next to it. :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

no
    A very well thought out and well articulated point. Thank you for your input.

Why would you even own a grill if you don't eat meat? :noway:
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We love to grill at my house! Lean hamburger, ground turkey, chicken breast, veggies kebabs all the time.
    Also, I bought a grill basket so I can grill cut up veggies without having to skewer them or worry about them falling in the coals. That works amazingly well.
    Buffalo chicken breast is our newest fave. Bonesless, skinless chicken breast grilled and instead of bbq sauce use a thick buffalo sauce. It's nice and spicy. then I make light ranch dip and serve on the side with some celery sticks and my grilled veggies.
    Mmmmm. I see another cook out in my near future.

Grill baskets.....great idea!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Where do you live, and when may I come over?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure meat is good for you.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever tried grilled pineapple rings with Tapatio hot sauce? Wonderful.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Why would you even own a grill if you don't eat meat? :noway:
    My girlfriend eats meat, my family eats meat, and i got the grill when i still ate meat.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Meat and BBQ forever!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure grilling in general is the best way to do it!! Throw whatever you want on there, even veggies!!! I think going with chicken or pork or even turkey alternatives will help keep you out of the red numbers though. Shoot, I'm trying a whole chicken on there this weekend!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Oh Rob honey......bless your heart......
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options

cool story, bro.

HaHaHa
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to give up the sausages except for when you get a treat. Sorry brother.

Oh no! You def do not have to give up on the sausages. Just change types of sausage. Jenni-0 Turkey Smoked Sausages are amazing as well as the Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausages. Lean Briskets are good too. You can grill Portabello Mushrooms and all kinds of veggies. Kabobs are great and chicken and shrimp fajitas. No need to stop BBQing. MMMMMM now I'm hungry. lol
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Where do you live, and when may I come over?

San Antonio... Come on down
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered Bison burgers. Taste great and similar fat content as chicken.

Very lean, so be careful not to overcook them.