For women w/ LONG hair

Options

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    French braid, tie at bottom, flip up (so it's not poking your neck, but is sticking out), then tie so it stays that way.
    Or, you can just run and workout with your hair down. My hair is over half way down my back and I do this sometimes. (more often than not)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just throw mine up in a messy bun and tie it off with a hair tie. I used to have a problem with it falling, so now I use two hair ties, and tie it really tight. But be careful, because sometimes I end up with a headache.
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i bought new hair ties, i was skepticle at first but they work. they are gel hair ties. they work great!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My hair is thick and reaches my knees. I just go with it pulled back at the nape of my neck even when it is over 100 degrees outside. It is too heavy and gives me a headache to have it pulled up into a pony tail but it doesn't bother me when it sits against my neck. If the humidity is too high I'll braid it (but still gather it low at the neck). I couldn't have the weight of it all piled up on my head like others have suggested in various ways (not saying they are bad ideas, cause they aren't, I just couldn't do it).
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Braid, then doubled over in a hair tie. I find it works great and doesn't slowly loosen during the work out as well as not being too tight to feel pulling.
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I put mine into two pigtail braids, then pin them up, either around the top of my head, or under, near the nape of the neck. Keeps me cool as I work out, and it's actually really cute when you do it right. :) if you can find those "corkscrew" pins, that you twist into your hair, I suggest getting a bunch of them. I find they are the best thing out there for holding up super thick heavy hair like mine.

I will totally try this :)
  • Seokie
    Options
    i bought new hair ties, i was skepticle at first but they work. they are gel hair ties. they work great!

I'll look for them :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Make a ponytail, but on the last time you twist the hair tie around, only pull the hair halfway through. It's like the world's laziest bun. Then I put on a headband to keep my bangs off my face.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I wear mine up in a ponytail, but then I loop it around again, so it's doubled over in the ponytail.
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I put mine into a ponytail and the last time I pull it through the hair tie, I don't pull it all the way through so that it has a loop at the end.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    'piggy tail' braids.
  • Seokie
    Options
    Make a ponytail, but on the last time you twist the hair tie around, only pull the hair halfway through. It's like the world's laziest bun. Then I put on a headband to keep my bangs off my face.

My hair's actually too long to do this - I used to but now if I do - its like a normal ponytail still, lol
  • sarahbethfit233
    Options
    Sometimes I French braid then "tuck" the end up inside and pin with 2 - 3 bobby pins

This is awesome! .... now if I could just learn to french braid....
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

My hair's actually too long to do this - I used to but now if I do - its like a normal ponytail still, lol

If your photo is recent, then my hair is at least as long as yours, if not longer and that's what I do. I make it pretty high on my head though. If I'm doing squats, then my trainer flips my hair up when I put the bar on my shoulders so it's not being pulled. LOL.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

If your photo is recent, then my hair is at least as long as yours, if not longer and that's what I do. I make it pretty high on my head though. If I'm doing squats, then my trainer flips my hair up when I put the bar on my shoulders so it's not being pulled. LOL.
    Yeah, it looks like mine's probably longer as well. There are still quite a few inches hanging down below the elastic, but since it's tight against the scalp, it doesn't have a lot of room to move and bother me.
  • kcnixon4
    kcnixon4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a high ponytail and then braid it. If I know I'm doing floor work I bun the braid.
  • Seokie
    Options
    Sometimes I French braid then "tuck" the end up inside and pin with 2 - 3 bobby pins

This is awesome! .... now if I could just learn to french braid....

Personally I find dutch braiding easier - there's a zillion youtube video's on how to :)
  • Seokie
    Options
    I put mine in a high ponytail and then braid it. If I know I'm doing floor work I bun the braid.

I'll try this too!!! Thank you guys so much for all the ideas. Its the wispyness of the ponytail that really gets me and that braid should keep it off my neck/back and secure :)
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

^that is exactly what I do. World's laziest bun - HA! I love it!
  • MissShancey
    Options
    my hair is too my butt ... i put a pony tail RIGHT on top .. then i wrap it around its self and tie it with 2 more elastics .. u can see a picture on my profile