Im loosing a pound a day...is that normal?

Options
Hi , My name is Gina i weight 191 pounds i started of weighing 205 i have been eating pretty well
not starving myself at all...in the mornings i have eggs with peppers and turkey bacon for lunch i usually have a tuna salad and for dinner chicken with salad and veggies..i stay away from all carbs. and for snacks i snack on almonds and nuts...why am i loosing so much i lose a pound a day since i started. :ohwell:

Replies

• Andromeda173
    Options
    If you just started your weight loss journey, then it's probably mostly water weight. A lot of people lose up to 10 pounds very quickly, then the weight loss becomes more consistent with your goals (1 lb a week, or 2 if you have a lot to lose). Don't worry about it!
  • sgeorge1969
    sgeorge1969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's burning or a reduction of 3500 calories a day. Something seems off. Could be initial water weight coming off. Try a different scale.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If you just started your weight loss journey, then it's probably mostly water weight. A lot of people lose up to 10 pounds very quickly, then the weight loss becomes more consistent with your goals (1 lb a week, or 2 if you have a lot to lose). Don't worry about it!

i agree...
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I do low carb I lose a pound a day for up to 10 days then it slows.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It will slow down, it's just initial water weight loss.
  • JennifercitaDEgomez
    Options
    When I do low carb I lose a pound a day for up to 10 days then it slows.

What do u mean by low carbs????
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    its normal cuz you loose WATER WEIGHT in the begining!.. and with the low/no carbs basically you can loose that fast!!!.. should try not to weigh yourself every day though.. once a wk is better.. but yeah ive done low/no carb in the past and have dropped lot faster then 'just' low cal...