Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• Flame073
    Flame073 Posts: 62
    Options
    He is now officially my " ex husband " he struggled with .. hmm.. Let's say expressing himself .. So the most thoughtful and kinda cool thing he ever did for me was name a Street after me .. ( he is in the industry )
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I have no idea where to start. He is really a very sweet man. Several mornings a week I get up to little notes that he's written to me in the middle of the night.

If I'm having a bad day, he is waiting for me with a big hug when I get home from work. He puts up with my moods. He is very patient, while I am very impatient. He calls me every morning when he gets up to tell me good morning and that he loves me.

Yeah, I've decided he's a keeper.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The best thing he ever did? He asked me to marry him.

Honestly though, I could not have asked for a better husband. He listens to me no matter how long I've been whining. He rubs my feet after a long day. He does the dishes without me asking. He makes sure the house is sparkling when I get home from "girl time". He still gets me flowers atleast once a month, even after four years. He leaves me love notes. He never complains when I want to go shopping, in fact, he likes it. He supports my aspirations and dreams, not matter how fleeting they may be. He makes me laugh when all I want to do is cry. He never lets anyone, even his own family, speak poorly of me. He is an absolutely amazing father to our son.

Above all, he loves me, unconditionally. I pinch myself every day just to make sure I'm not dreaming.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My husband is awesome. I am not sure if I can pinpoint the best thing he's ever done. He is always doing things. Lately, he is home because he is off in August and every day I come home to 3 clean children who have ate dinner and the house has been vacuumed and straightened. He knows how much that means to me. He is awesome. And he is my best friend. No one I would rather hang around with than him!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Side note: Thank you so much for starting this thread. I get so sick of seeing all the posts with people whining about their SOs. It's gets old, very quickly.
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It was 2003 the day before my company was going to deploy to Iraq. Both of us were very worried and honestly scared because we knew that I was going to be with the force that started the war. So what she did was so little but meant so much to me. See we have the same exact birthday and we knew that we were not going to spend it together. Also that year we were to celebrate our 1st year anniversary. She went to the store and got a little cake and woke me up at 12 am to sing happy birthday to me and to wish be an early happy anniversary. This moved me so much because we both knew there was a chance that I might not have seen either that year.

Thankfully I was with a commander that did not accept defeat and was very good at keeping us alive.
    He commanded the CAV and brought back EVERY soldier under his command. Some were hurt but all were alive. I would follow that man to hell and back

After 10 years of marriage I can say that I love her more and more everyday. Especially since we welcomed two little ones this year.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I want to add to mine. He also cooks healthy meals for dinner every single night and usually does the dishes, too. He's disabled, so he's home during the day and says that it's the least he can do.

We've been together for 22 years and have had plenty of ups and downs, some worse or better than others, but he is my best friend and I need to always remember that and realize how lucky I am to have that.
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    My fiancé is amazing and does A LOT of things for me. But the best things are the simple things. I've started working 2 extra part time jobs on top of the full-time job I have, as I'm returning to school and need a couple part times. He has been so awesome with this, picking me up at 1:30am from work (when we both have to be up at 7 to get to our full times), cleaning up the dishes, helping me find a job and get organized with school and such. Really, the simple things are the best things.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can narrow it down, either. A recent dose of awesome was a day-trip that involved catching a ferry boat to a little town that's full of antique stores. He's not a fan of antiques but he knows that I love them and could just browse for days. We went into a shop that had an upstairs/downstairs and while I was upstairs browsing, he was downstairs buying me a vintage black pearl ring that I was eyeballing. He surprised me with it later.

I'm lucky to be married to a really great guy. He's a great husband, an awesome dad and is very thoughtful. The stuff that people have to put up with per the threads on here make me sad. Life's too short to spend it with people like that.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My bf does a lot of nice things for me:

Calls me to wish me luck when I have a job interview (interrupts his golf game to do it)
    Rides with me on the subway from his place in Brooklyn to Manhattan when I sleep over.
    Brings me flowers for valentines day
    finds me a seat on the subway when it's crowded
    all kinds of little things that are compllimentary
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My bf does a lot of nice things for me:

Calls me to wish me luck when I have a job interview (interrupts his golf game to do it)
    Rides with me on the subway from his place in Brooklyn to Manhattan when I sleep over.
    Brings me flowers for valentines day
    finds me a seat on the subway when it's crowded
    all kinds of little things that are compllimentary

That is something a gentleman should do and I find it is slipping away too much in my generation and below. I knew my mother and grandmother weren't just blowing smoke. Women really appreciate things gentlemen do. Thanks for reassuring this. :smile: I was raised right and will raise my son to be a gentleman.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    Awww this thread is so sweet, I love it!

When I first started seeing my fiance I was feeling really down and called off a date, so he left a big bunch of roses on my doorstep and rung the bell :) I was being such a jerk and it was exactly what I needed.
    In fact, he regularly comes home from work with bunches of flowers.
    And he calls me all the time just to say he loves me.
    He's a keeper :love:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    It took some hard times to get to this point...but my husband is pretty much the most giving and amazing man I've ever met.

The way he treats me and speaks to me makes me trust and feel I never have to question his loyalty. He does little things like leave me post-it love notes, and he texts me "I love you" every day at the same time.

Cute little random things will be when he finds the most ridiculous toy or goofy item at say, a gas station...but because it's purple...or has a cat on it...or is something related to Honda (I'm a Honda obsessed girl), he picks it up for me.

I knew he was def the one when he surprised me with Saved By THe Bell on DVD... :wink:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Is it sad I can't really think of anything? Probably the best thing.. I was 8-9 months pregnant with our first daughter and he came home from work and brought me a single red rose. That's the ONLY time he's ever done anything like that. In 10 years.
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Oh there are so many but I'll list just a few:

1. We dated long-distance and when he proposed he snuck into town unannounced, showed up at my job, got down on one knee in the reception area and asked me to marry him.
    2. Tattooed my name on his back, along with our daughter's name
    3. He tells me I am beautiful everyday--even on the weekends when there's no makeup and comfy clothes going on. . .
    4. He's in construction so when I get a "vision" of something I would love for our home, he makes it happen--and usually better than I envisioned it!
    5. He picks wildflowers for me on his way home from wherever he is and by the time he gets home, there's a huge, beautiful bouquet of flowers he hand picked just for ME! :heart:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This past weekend we took the kids back to school shopping in Birch Run. I had been hinting that I'd love to go to Bronner's (a HUGE Christmas store). He's kind of a Scrooge but took us anyway. We were there for an hour and a half and not once did he complain. He grabbed a basket and told the kids and to pick out what we'd like! That's a first for him and that we the sweetest thing!!

I need to get my kids to Bronners this year!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    He was willing to sit through counseling, even though he thinks that sort of thing is complete rubbish.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My sweet-southern-gentleman of a husband is wonderful :-) The day-to-day treatment is fabulous, but some super-nice things that stand out to me are:

He surprised me with TWO dozen roses one night when I got home from work :-D
    He orders me my favorite Chicago deep-dish pizza (has to be flown to us) for V-day, along with my favorite dessert.
    I had to have my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago - he took the day off of work and stayed home with me after the procedure to change the bloody gauze pads in my mouth... I was so groggy from the anesthetic he would actually have to reach into my mouth, pull out the nasty one and fold up a new one and put it in. I don't remember much, but I do remember thinking, "this is what love looks like."
    Oh, and how can I forget? He asked me to marry him! :-D I'm a terribly messy eater (I'm kind of messy in general) and given that he knows what I'm... capable of... in nice restaurants, I'm stunned he still wants me on his arm :-P

I know there are more... I need to actually keep a physical list!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The best thing he did was to come back one more time when I had broken it off for good. We have been together for 16 years and I love and appreciate him more and more every day. We have two beautiful children and a house full of cats. (that alone lets you know he is a good man.) lol He is not perfect, nor am I. The good outweighs the bad, though. Nine out of ten times it does. He is far less selfish than me. Thank you for an opportunity to write positive thoughts instead of negative.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's the little things he does, I love best! For 30 years together, he always opens my car door and doors. He calls me Darling and all the years we have been together he refers to me as his girl, to his friends he says my girl;-)he makes me feel safe:-)