Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Another thing, is just how awesome he is with my kids.

About two years ago(again) I was having an awful day. He calls me up, and tells me to call this number and see if it was what I wanted.
    I had NO clue what he was talking about. It was a professional photographer.. He knew I'd wanted photos with the kids, but knew I couldn't afford it. He had everything set up, and it was perfect.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Even though she is my ex, I still love her for what she has done. She pretty much sacrificed her body so that we could have babies. She has given me my beautiful kids.

OK, this one really made me smile. I rarely hear someone say something so nice about their ex. Nice to read.

I really can't pick one thing my husband has done. He's a wonderful gift..I am thankful for him and appreciate him everyday. Some of my favorite moments are watching him with our boys...being an amazing father in addition to a fantastic husband means more to me than I can put into words.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I tell him that I am grateful for him every single day. You'd never catch me complaining about him, other than in a joking manner. He is sweet, and loving. He cooks for me, he cleans without ever being asked to do so. He grabs the things on the top shelf for me (I am short). He drives me to work when I am being lazy and don't want to walk to the train station. He will workout with me even when he isn't in the mood, just to keep me company. He takes me on vacations like Hawaii, Puerto Rico, San Diego, Las Vegas, etc. (next year Barcelona). He always says that I have to pay the toll when he does things for me. Paying the toll just means I owe him a big hug, but that also means I get a big hug right back.

I can't name the sweetest thing he's ever done because he is genuinely like this all the time. Today he is readjusting the racks in my closet because I am too short to hang things on the top rack. I didn't even ask him to do it, he just said he would.
  • bex_89
    bex_89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Other than love me unconditionally despite my major mood swings every other day, he built me a computer when mine was breaking, he bought my car after I wreaked mine ( I have to pay him back but he saved me tons in rental fees). He does so much for me than words can express :)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 this year...struggling with not making a whole lot of headway with the final pounds I want to drop...stuck in a rut over it all. DH got crafty and took photos of all the accomplishments physically I've had this year...running my 1st 5k and the bib, ripline adventure we took for our anniversary, completing Insanity...he put them in this frame for me...and then letter by letter constructed a header for the frame that said "Freakishly Awesome Mom, Happy 30th" It was AMAZING!!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    My husband is amazing... I can't say enough about how great he is. The best thing he ever did for me was to adopt my daughter.... her father (my first husband) is a true POS, so my husband adopted my daughter on 12-6-10 and she took his last name. I didn't ask him to do this... he wanted to because he loves her and she wanted him to be her father. She's 15 now and has a strong man in her life who adores her and protects her. She feels safe. There is nothing in this world that he could ever do for me that would ever top that.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    He turns down the cover and sheet and props my pillow for me every night.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think the bestest thing my husband ever did was convince me to marry him. ♥ It was a complete leap of faith. He is deployed now and he will send me random gifts and pretend to not know what I'm talking about when I ask if he sent me something. Haha.

He makes me feel like the most wonderful, special, incredible, and beautiful woman in the world. ♥
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    She agreed to marry me.
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have had the same stuffed turtle back pack purse since I was like 15 years old. When I was pregnant with my son (four years ago) the strap broke for the last time and it really was beyond repair. I was pretty bummed about it. So about 2 weeks after the birth of my son a box arrives at the door for me. Inside is the exact copy of my turtle backpack. Turns out my husband researched and found the company who manufactures these back packs and special ordered a replacement for me! It was the best surprise gift ever!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My wife gave me the most beautiful daughter, and is working on another expected in December.

For Christmas 2007, she gave me an 8 mile run first thing in the morning before any of the holiday activities began. We ran side by side on a frozen New England rail trail.

I sweat a lot when I work out. She makes a face...but stays with me.

I speak my mind, I don't hold back...she apologizes on my behalf.

My wife is amazing...she deserves a gold medal for putting up with me.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My bf takes me camping and waits on me hand and foot. He makes the time we spend together about me.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Best thing is My wife got me to Join MFP with her. Best thing for both of us. That was in Jan 6 2012, together we have lost over 125lbs. best word is Together
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does so many amazing things for me all the time! He fixes my lunch for me on the days I work and cooks dinner nearly every day. He takes care of the garbage and the dishes. He has no qualms about cleaning the bathroom (the one room in the place I despise cleaning). He loves me unconditionally even when I'm in a crappy mood.

He has surprised me with candlelit dinners and bubble baths. Whenever he's out of town for a convention, he calls me every day and texts frequently. On top of that, he combs through the vendor hall at each convention for the perfect gift for me on his return.

He has changed his cooking habits to fit my desire for a new healthy lifestyle and he gladly exorcises with me to keep me motivated.

But even with all of that, my favorite thing is that he reads to me every night before bed. We go back and forth picking out which book he'll read next and every night, I get to hear at least one chapter.

Thank you for starting this thread! It's wonderful thinking about all of the ways your S/O shows their love for you!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Mine has done a lot of thing. We've had a lot of bad, but some fantastic good.

Some of the sweet things he has done is join a game I adore and even stay up all night to play with me. Recently I had my wisdom teeth removed, he stayed home for two days and catered to me and even stayed up with me to cuddle and make sure I was comfortable. Recently we got into a fight about something, and then he apologized later stating he should have been there for me instead. He also just does a lot of little things like waking up to make me breakfast when he knows I have a rough day ahead of me. And he's been really good about my weight loss journey! He is even planning to go to the gym with me and become more active. He also just puts up with me, and I put up with him in return. It's like, we have this mutual understanding that we're not perfect, but we have more good days than bad. He's not just my significant other, he's my best friend and I wouldn't trade him for the world. :)
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    There's three things that come to mind that stand out from all of the other bestest things.

When we were dating, I started my period and this one in particular was one from hell. I called him because I ran out of tampons and I was laying in the floor and couldn't move.
    Not only did he purchase me the correct tampons that I asked for, he brought me koolaid (because he remembered that I was out of it too,) Dove chocolates and a HUGE bag of M&M's, AND a bottle of wine. That's a man right there.

When he proposed to me. He got together with the DJ from our favorite bar. They put together a video montage over "I wanna be your everything" by Keith Urban, with a voice over with what love meant to him. He got down on one knee and said "Baby, I love you, will you go get the two shots that are sitting up there on the bar?" I did. And then he got back down on one knee and asked me to marry him in front of all of our friends.

Finally, we were at a bar. I was talking to one of my girlfriends and overheard a guy ask my husband how he knew that I was "the one." He looked at the guy and said "When I started waking up every morning asking myself what I could do for her to make her life better and to make her happy." I turned around and smiled. I said "You know how I knew he was the one? One day he was leaning over to grab something, said his @ss itched, and I reached up and scratched it." Sweetest thing ever haha.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    sign the divorce decree..

maybe this wasnt what you were looking for?

/Thread. This guy has won the internet for the day!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Besides giving me my baby.. . . he treats me like a princess all the time. He goes out of his way to accomodate my ridiculous running schedule. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time. He cooks ALL our meals!! SCORE!!!! He is really the best! Even when he's grumpy, he's always trying to serve and love me & the kids. I'm a blessed girl, for sure!!!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does so many amazing things for me all the time! He fixes my lunch for me on the days I work and cooks dinner nearly every day. He takes care of the garbage and the dishes. He has no qualms about cleaning the bathroom (the one room in the place I despise cleaning). He loves me unconditionally even when I'm in a crappy mood.

He has surprised me with candlelit dinners and bubble baths. Whenever he's out of town for a convention, he calls me every day and texts frequently. On top of that, he combs through the vendor hall at each convention for the perfect gift for me on his return.

He has changed his cooking habits to fit my desire for a new healthy lifestyle and he gladly exorcises with me to keep me motivated.

But even with all of that, my favorite thing is that he reads to me every night before bed. We go back and forth picking out which book he'll read next and every night, I get to hear at least one chapter.

Thank you for starting this thread! It's wonderful thinking about all of the ways your S/O shows their love for you!

Wow, that sounds like a perfect guy. You're very lucky. :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The first two best things was give me a daughter and son.

Supportive of me getting a master's degree.

Before we got married, right after college, she was willing to follow me wherever I went when I looked for a job.

She's an excellent mother to my kids.