Replies

• jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wah!! Make fun of FOX NEWS!:sad:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I freaking ADORE Family Guy. Never thought anything ever went too far. But then, I'm pretty much serially UNoffended by anything. lol

I also loved the movie Ted, because basically it's like a 2-hour-long, three-times-as-offensive episode of Family Guy. Well, that and my son is in it. :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've never cared for the jokes on Family Guy, but that's just my opinion, it's not my style of comedy. I'm not really able to laugh at things like the Jon Bennet Ramsey "joke" or things of that nature. I don't care if other people watch it and enjoy it... I just do not.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Are you really this upset over a cartoon? :noway:

Family Guy killed my dad and aborted my baby into a dumpster. Not funny
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Family guy followed by South Park are my favorites, i find nothing offensive and if you find something offensive they did their job well :laugh:

^^^ This guy gets it. They are equal opportunity offenders and the do a fantastic job of it!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    NOthing offends me with Family Guy and American Dad. Not even fat jokes. I love those shows too damn much.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Family guy followed by South Park are my favorites, i find nothing offensive and if you find something offensive they did their job well :laugh:

^^^ This guy gets it. They are equal opportunity offenders and the do a fantastic job of it!
    Damn skippy.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Question to those who find certain topics "too offensive" - Do you think that jokes about these topics should be censored? Or are you just expressing your opinion that it offends you personally?

With me, it's just that I, personally, dislike that brand of humor. I'm not into censoring anything, though.

I get offended at some (but not all) of the topics mentioned, so I prefer to just change the channel.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Wait, your son is in Ted? Are you Marky Mark's mom??
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Wait, your son is in Ted? Are you Marky Mark's mom??

Hahah, no, the things I think about regarding Mark Wahlberg are decidedly NOT maternal. :P

My son was an extra in the movie, he's in the beginning, before the opening credits. My older son found a clip that I posted here:

http://twitpic.com/ad84nr

My son is near the end of the clip, opening up the Nintendo. :)

The cool thing about this clip is that it's actually DIFFERENT from the scene that is in the theaters...so I have gotten to see a few different versions. :D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love Family Guy. Yes it can be offensive to some people I am sure, but those that watch it are pretty open minded and know that it is all in fun. Stewie is the best!

Never cared much for South Park either...
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't think any eating disorder is something to poke fun at. Having dealt with them personally for more than 15 and knowing the roller coaster ride, it is just sick to even joke about it. My sons love Family Guy, but I can't stand it. And don't even get me started on South Park.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    The purpose of comedy is catharsis, not disrespect. If you hold something so sacred that it can't be lampooned then you should look into why and try to change that, whether it's rape, abortion, eating disorders, death, 9/11, etc.

All of these things have horrible connotations for billions of people, but comedy allows you to laugh about it, which helps you move on from it. No one should ever be offended by comedy.

Oh? You were raped? HAHAHAHA SO FUNNNNY!!!! Can you move on now that we've laughed at you?
    Your child was molested? HAHAHAHA! SO FUNNY!!!!! Laughing at it makes it all better.
    Your husband was brutally murdered, his pieces left across the country? THAT'S COMEDY GOLD!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Right. Because comedy should never be offensive and making fun of these things is SOOO funny.

Yep. What classifies as a "funny" anymore is not only crude & tasteless but just isn't all that funny. Apparently the tv producers haven't had novel thought to work with in decades.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Yep. What classifies as a "funny" anymore is not only crude & tasteless but just isn't all that funny to me personally. Apparently the tv producers haven't had novel thought to work with in decades.

FIFY
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Rewind 25 years and this conversation was being had about The Simpsons, which is now, comparably, tame. Imagine what cartoons are going to do/say in another 25 years. If you are offended now, by a show that you can ignore by hitting one little button on your remote, brace yourself for what's to come. For the better part of ten years, South Park held the bar for offensive animation. Along came the domination by Family Guy. It's holding pretty steady. But someone WILL come through and top it.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Family Guy is genius!

Its taboo TV... on steroids with shots of vodka. In society there are things we do not talk ill about in public; such as pedophilia, race, homosexuality, hair colour, weight, illness, religion and tragic events in history. Family Guy however, has whole characters dedicated to these things. Its wrong to talk about potentially deadly STIs and diseases, however Family Guy makes a song and dance about it, literally! And that is what makes it funny. The things we hardly whisper about , it shouts about it; like someone farting in a busy silent room. Your gunna either complain or, like me , laugh. Agreed if you offend easily, or even at all, it’s not really for you. But as my dad always says: “Faint heart never F***** a duck”.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I think most people could do to be offended more often, one of the many problems with our society in general is that everyone wants to be shielded from anything that even is remotely offensive.

That being said I find their left-wing political leanings on some of the shows to be a bit irritating and misinformed, but whatever it's good to be challenged and have to think about what you believe, no challenge makes for a stagnant mind.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

Yep. What classifies as a "funny" anymore is not only crude & tasteless but just isn't all that funny to me personally. Apparently the tv producers haven't had novel thought to work with in decades.

FIFY

LOL Thx.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The purpose of comedy is catharsis, not disrespect. If you hold something so sacred that it can't be lampooned then you should look into why and try to change that, whether it's rape, abortion, eating disorders, death, 9/11, etc.

All of these things have horrible connotations for billions of people, but comedy allows you to laugh about it, which helps you move on from it. No one should ever be offended by comedy.

Oh? You were raped? HAHAHAHA SO FUNNNNY!!!! Can you move on now that we've laughed at you?
    Your child was molested? HAHAHAHA! SO FUNNY!!!!! Laughing at it makes it all better.
    Your husband was brutally murdered, his pieces left across the country? THAT'S COMEDY GOLD!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Right. Because comedy should never be offensive and making fun of these things is SOOO funny.

Yep. What classifies as a "funny" anymore is not only crude & tasteless but just isn't all that funny. Apparently the tv producers haven't had novel thought to work with in decades.

To each their own. Family guy is hilarios to me. Especially scenes like the Prom Night Dumpster Baby. It cracks me up BECAUSE of the fact that some teenage girls have done this. I think the fact that people could do the initial acts are worse than those who make jokes out of it.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Family Guy is good.

I like jokes.

Peter has balls on his chin

I would bang Meg and regret it later.