Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    one year for my birthday, he found out that my favorite comedian ( frank calliendo ) was doing a show the day before my birthday, and he got us tickets..they werent the best seats, but after the show frank sang happy birthday to me, and we got a picture with him. thats not the best thing, but it definitely sticks out..he goes to work for myself and our boys, and keeps us fed and sheltered..thats about the best i can ask for from a partner..we arent starving in a box on the street
  • gogoganja
    Options
    When I met my girlfriend I'd be in a hetero relationship for five years. She knew I wasn't happy there, but didn't pressure me to leave. Instead, when I voiced my fears she said "I'm not going anywhere." And the safety and security from those words gave me the confidence in myself to leave what I'd known and felt safe in, and start feeling the wind through my proverbial hair.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Loved Me for Me, despite all of the flaws... Couldn't ask for anything else... He's Awesome...

: ))
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    We haven't been together long but last year when we went on our cruise I got a terrible case of sea sickness. He was drunk already and told me "I will go find you some medicine". I thought to myself "ok" but being that he was so wasted I didn't think he would actually do it. I thought for he would have gotten side tracked. He came back with enough pills for our side of the boat. :happy:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    oral wile playing nintendo.
    was before we got married.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Butt secks. :drinker:
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    My husband buys me pineapples instead of flowers, because they look just as nice and you can eat them. One day he texted me to say he had a surprise for me, and I thought, "I really hope it's a pineapple." In fact it was ... 2 pineapples!
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is pretty awesome and does sweet things out of the blue constantly! Two of my favorites:

1) We were recently renovating my backyard, putting in a new patio, and building a pergola. We started working on it about a month ago and it was taking a really long time to get done, and in the middle of the project, I had to go away for work for 2 weeks. While I was gone he finished the whole thing!!

2) I bought a mountain bike a few months ago, and after buying it I talked about all of the accessories I wanted to get for it, like clipless pedals, flashing lights, etc. I keep my bikes (road and mountain) at his house, and so a week later, we were getting ready to go bike riding, and he pulls my mountain bike out and everything that I had wanted to buy, he had bought and installed for me!!

He may not be a "talk about your feelings" kind of guy, but its the little things that remind me how lucky I am :)
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Tell me I was beautiful at my heaviest and she really meant it. :smile:
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For our fourth anniversary (last year), my husband commisioned a 20" x 30" painting of his favorite wedding picture. The artist made it look bronzed and wrote the lyrics to the song we danced to in distressed ink behind it. So amazing. I'm a lucky girl.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I admit I was one who whined about her husband, however he has done some of the sweetest things for me! I love getting random texts about how much he misses me when he's away from me, I love when he walks up to me and gives me a big hug, I love when we are in the truck, car, or boat and a song comes on he says reminds him of us and he turns it up and holds me. But the best thing he's ever done is when I suffered serious nerve damage due to a spinal tap gone wrong! He was supportive, cleaned the house, took care of our kids, took care of me, and showed me how much he truly loves me! Writing this makes me realize that even though we are going through some pretty rough times, we will make it through it! The last 10 years have for the most part, been amazing, and I don't know what I would do without him!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    My mom died a couple of months before our wedding. As Christmas came that year, I commented on the fact that so many traditions of Christmas would die with her, and one in particular I'd miss was the Christmas Eve gift of sleepwear. I thought my sister would carry it on, but timely parcel arrival isn't something that happens here.

Come Christmas eve, he hands me a present and tells me it's my Christmas Eve gift. Turned out it wasn't sleepwear, but a pair of tiger head slippers. You stick your feet in the mouth and it looks as if you're being gnawed on by Hobbes. I love Hobbes.

Fourteen years later I still have and wear my tiger feet (song reference), even though they've seen better days.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My husband is AMAZING. I just cannot complain about him. We have our differences like any couple does, but we talk through our thoughts and compromise with each other. He treats me like a princess.. but not a spoiled bratty ***** princess.. the kind of princess who gets what she needs, not just everything she wants.

And he thanks me for all of the little things I do. And does all kinds of little things for me. And he makes me laugh.

I could go on. It's sickening sweet how great we are as a couple. I'm so thankful.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The children....now the divorce.Win!!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Butt secks. :drinker:

FTW!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My husband recently blew his whole bonus check on me and my daughter (his step-daughter) to go to Florida since she hadn't seen my family or her birth father in a few years. Sometimes he pisses me off, but at the end of the day I love him to life!!!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would say that the best thing my husband has ever done for me is kind of all inclusive. He's not really romantic or sappy or sentimental (neither am I, so it works), but he is sooooo supportive of me. He lets me BE ME. He knows all my faults and loves me regardless. He is the hardest working man I've ever met and is a great provider for our family. We started out with practically nothing, and now we're looking to build our first house. He communicates with me. He is honest. He apologizes when he's done something to hurt me (being able to say, "I'm sorry" is a big deal for me). He washes his own laundry! Haha. He is a great daddy. He is truly my best friend. :heart:
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    sign the divorce decree..

maybe this wasnt what you were looking for?

lol love that~! sometimes that works too
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just being there for me. Through every thing...Supports me in anything I want to do. He works his *kitten* off for me and our kids. He doesn't just tell me he loves me, he shows it. He is my best friend and I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. And he finds me "irresistible" no matter what size I am.. ( I've been all over. LOL)
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    The children....now the divorce.Win!!!!

^^^^ THIS -- two amazing daughters and my freedom.