Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options

Replies

• SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had always wanted to attend University but it wasn't something my parents encouraged in me (I have to admit that I wasn't the overachiever type). They wanted me to get a good job after high school and work. So I never had the self-confidence to even fathom the thought of going to University. At some point in my life, I was in a dead-end job and I was dating this guy named John.

One day, we had plans to go to a movie and he came to pick me up. When he arrived, he told me that there was something he wanted to do before we went to the movies. He brought me to the kitchen table and told me I needed to complete a few documents. He had gone to every University and College in our city to get the application forms for the program I was interested in, and he had picked up all of the application forms for a student loan. He sat there with me until I had filled out everything and then took the forms back and mailed them himself.

Even though we are not together, to this day, I give him alot of credit for my degree!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    "Sign the divorce papers. Maybe that wasn't what you were looking for."

Oh no you didn't...

Oh yes you did!!!
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't big on grand romantic gestures, and honestly neither am I. But the best thing he's ever done for me is letting me be myself, with no criticisms or complaints (unfortunately, this was not something my ex-husband was capable of doing).

When I have a bad day, my husband is completely fine with handling dinner and letting me dominate the PS3 while I chase the pain away with a few beers (and maybe some vodka if it was an especially bad day). He compromises with me and never makes me feel like my interests are stupid or unworthy just because they're different from his.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Can I really say that on here!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Gave me 2 beautiful children. What more could I ask for. OH, and when I'm down he will dance for me ... which is totally hilarious!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Aww! What a great idea for a thread!

1.) This past valentine's day, my fiancee waited up late at night until I had fallen asleep. He wrote out notes/reasons why he loved me and placed a white tulip with each one all over the house in places he knew I would go (My bathroom counter, the kitchen counter, the bedroom, in the refrigerator with my lunch, on my car)...unfortunately, they were tulips and wilted quite a bit...still precious.

2.) Took me on a surprise date to see the CAPS play in DC...he didn't tell me where we were going until we got to our metro stop and I saw all the people in jerseys...Love me some hockey.

An uplifting idea for a threat. I am going to enjoy reading everyone's stories :)
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    She gave me two amazing kids... thoguh the last one cost her life....
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there's one thing. He did sit with me in the ER when I was freaking out and being a hypochondriac once (embarrassing!). He does a lot of small things though, like lots of back rubs and stuff.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't big on grand romantic gestures, and honestly neither am I. But the best thing he's ever done for me is letting me be myself, with no criticisms or complaints (unfortunately, this was not something my ex-husband was capable of doing).

When I have a bad day, my husband is completely fine with handling dinner and letting me dominate the PS3 while I chase the pain away with a few beers (and maybe some vodka if it was an especially bad day). He compromises with me and never makes me feel like my interests are stupid or unworthy just because they're different from his.

Always nice to have a SO that lets you enjoy your gaming :D

("sweet" avatar, btw...that's a lovely red velvet cupcake! YOu make that? Impressive.)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1. When he took care of me after each melanoma surgery I had. For a man who gets squeamish at the sight of blood, changing surgical dressings and helping shower and go to the bathroom can be humiliating, and he just loved me and helped me when I really truly needed him.

2. When he drug my *kitten* up to the top of Mt. Washburn to watch the sun rise one year ago today and ask me to be his wife.

3. Cook me dinner. Words cannot describe how excited I get when I get home and he makes me dinner.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    He found the door and left ;)
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    there are lots I could choose from but my 3 favorite are named Alli, Abbi, and Addi :smile: even though they drive me nuts on a daily basis I wouldn't trade them for anything
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When my hubby and I were still dating, he surprised me with a trip to Disneyland and Seaworld when he returned from deployment. I got to do the Dolphin Discovery where we actually got in the water with the dolphins. And we had "Lunch With Shamu" and got great seats, really up close and personal to the whales. Then we went to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth! It was amazing!
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Even though she is my ex, I still love her for what she has done. She pretty much sacrificed her body so that we could have babies. She has given me my beautiful kids.

This is an amazing thing to hear. =) Good for you!
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    She gave me two amazing kids... thoguh the last one cost her life....

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you are so amazing! glad we are friends Cowboy!!!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know where to begin. My hubby is just amazing, we've been married for 8yrs.

Recently, my hubby knew I was having a crazy hectic day, so while I was putting my oldest daughter (2yrs old) to bed he made me some tension tamer tea, turned the lights off, lit a candle played piano music in the background, then made a bubble bath for me. and gave me a half hour back rub that night before bed.

But really it's the every day things that he does. Like, when he gets home from work (after he eats supper) gives our 2 year old her bath, and while I am settling her into bed he takes care of our 3 month old, and always lets me shower even if the baby is screaming :tongue: .
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Lets me stick a pinwheel out toe sunroof of his car and yell, "Wheeee. We. We. Weeeeeee."

(On a side note, I will never understand why men and kids love that and many women just glare.)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    So many...Nothing like walking around town window shopping and him suggesting we go into one place to check out their couples massage packages only to find balloons, cake, a massage therapist, and someone to do a mani/pedi waiting for me while he went home and made my favorite dinner while I was being pampered!! This was my birthday present...and that was when we had only been dating for 4 months!! :)
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you are blessed. Does he have a brother? JK.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    <<<< Gave me this little baby boy I'm carrying!