NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options
1343536373840»

Replies

• HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will try and respond more personally to as many as I can later today, but we are super busy at work and I am not sure if I will have the time.

Friday Fitness: To continue to try and walk 30min a day during the first half of my lunch.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I have made the gym for the last four days and am planning to go again tomorrow before the rugby match (I'm watching not playing)
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Ya'll... Been busy, busy, this week...and still have lots to do..have to take my son shopping ( daughter already done) I can't believe he is starting HS....time really does fly! I also seem to be "lacking" on the weekends, as RobinsEgg said, I think it is the "I'm off" mentality that we carry from school/work... So I will be logging all weekend as well...since my running log has been "so & so has logged in for 5 Days" really...? Been on here since August of last year.....:noway:
    Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty

@patty-- My son is starting high school in a couple weeks also! I took him yesterday for the football meeting at the school, and almost cried. They grow up so fast, don't they? :sad:

I KNOW...isn't that crazy? My son likes football also, he plays Tight End
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well good morning all. I love reading the posts in the morning. It helps set up my motivation for the whole day. You are all just super awesme people. I didnt get any exerceise done yesteray as my side was acting up but I have to go grocery shopping in a little while so that will be a couple of hours of walking. I am having a family dinner this weekend. I have found a couple new healthy recipies I want to try so when I get a couple or more I plan a big dinner because there are just alot of things my two picky kids wont eat. They are 18 and 20 so pretty much past the age of me telling them what they have to eat :wink: quick question how much water is a serving? I have a 32 oz glass i keep filled with Ice water all day by me and I usually drink anywhere from 3 to 5 of those. :drinker:
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Quick Update. Will try to get back on later tonight.

Friday Fitness - Just going to walk the dog tonight. Unfortunately he doesn't like to walk very fast or very far. But we'll both get a little exercise, which is better than nothing.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Well good morning all. I love reading the posts in the morning. It helps set up my motivation for the whole day. You are all just super awesme people. I didnt get any exerceise done yesteray as my side was acting up but I have to go grocery shopping in a little while so that will be a couple of hours of walking. I am having a family dinner this weekend. I have found a couple new healthy recipies I want to try so when I get a couple or more I plan a big dinner because there are just alot of things my two picky kids wont eat. They are 18 and 20 so pretty much past the age of me telling them what they have to eat :wink: quick question how much water is a serving? I have a 32 oz glass i keep filled with Ice water all day by me and I usually drink anywhere from 3 to 5 of those. :drinker:

My understanding is a serving of water is 8 oz.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!

I have a lot going on this weekend but I plan to walk at least 2 miles each Sat and Sun.
  • OperationNormal
    OperationNormal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I don't know anyone who really looks forward to this one, but my Friday fitness (and probably Saturday and part of Sunday as well) will be Housework! Moving furniture to sweep and mop the floors, lugging laundry, scrubbing the tub, etc. It's not as much fun as some other fitness activities, but the reward is a clean and fresh smelling house. And getting to burn a few extra calories in the process is a bonus.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I don't like my job... :sad: I used to love it (been here over 5 years) but they started piling the work of several people onto me, and there is harassment and bullying going on here that makes it difficult to push through. I wish I could just go to school. I love school. Here's to school! :drinker:

I am so incredibly happy before I get to work and after I get home... the in between stinks! :tongue:

On a brighter note- I LOVE my life. I feel terrific physically and spiritually! :happy: My kiddo is happier too!

I was in a similar situation: the 8 hours a day that I spent at my previous job were the worst 8 hours of my day. There are a lot of details that go into those horrid 8 hours, but I'll spare you that. I'd nearly quit one day because I just couldn't take it anymore. And I didn't get paid a whole lot which made all the horrible things about that job that much more horrible. But, since I'm it for household income (and it for household), I couldn't afford to up and quit. So, I job hunted and posted my resume and within 6 months I was recruited to a new job, in a new city, in a new state making twice as much money. If you're able to job search, I recommend doing it. You never know what opportunities may present themselves :smile:
    Good luck to you!

Thanks Annie! It is just not worth the trouble and stress to stay here. <BUT> We have been told that there is a company buying us and the papers are being processed... so everything is kind of "up in the air", in addition to all of the craziness. I have stuck around the last couple of months, mostly to see what will happen. Maybe it will get better? Meh, maybe I should start looking anyway. Can't hurt, right?

@Raven - Your dog bit you??? He looks so sweet in your ticker pic. I am sorry you have to deal with that! Chin up! You will be dancing again in no time!

@patty- My kiddo is a line backer- last year, he was rotated a lot throughout the line for the neighborhood league (small team), and played 2nd string center for school. I always thought he was a big boy, until he got into football.... Some of those 13 & 14 year olds looked 19 or 20! It's funny, I was never that into football, prior to Anthony playing... I am still learning a lot about the game, but man oh man, I get into it!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @holly--I also know some teachers who never send home permission slips and up until a few years ago, it wasn't even policy to do so. I don't know what movies your son is watching, but history classes probably have the most R-rated movies in my HS. I mean, any war movie is going to be rated R--at least if it's realistic. I actually only show 3 movies the entire school year, but 2 of the 3 are R-rated. As far as relating the movie to their curricular goals, I will give you an example of why I show a "cool" movie. My juniors read Fahrenheit 451 over the summer. When we return to school, we spend a few weeks discussing the themes, archetypes, and motifs along with some close analysis of Bradbury's use of diction and syntax. At the end of the unit we watch V for Vendetta and the students must find theme similarities and identify some common archetypes and motifs in the film. Could I do the same lesson with a PG movie?--perhaps, but I have yet to find a PG film that shares the themes so perfectly. Also, the students love the movie (most have already seen it) and this motivates them to WANT to search for the themes and archetypes. In the 5 years that I've shown this movie, I've never had a parent refuse to sign the permission slip b/c I explain the curricular objectives on the slip. I agree that the school needs to look out for the best interest of everyone, namely the students. However, having me waste time on alternate activities that I will probably never use, takes away time I could be devoting to my students.

@rebecca--when you consider the novels students read in English class, it shouldn't be shocking that they may see R-rated movies. My 11th and 12th graders read Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, The Awakening, 1984, The Scarlet Letter, The Things They Carried, Montana 1948, Othello, Oedipus Rex, The Great Gatsby--all contain sex, violence, or strong language (most contain all of the above). It would be kind of silly to say we expect them to read and discuss the topics in a mature manner, but then say we don't trust they can handle an R-rated movie. Also, the content they study in history is (sadly) filled with violence--moreso than some movie depictions.

It is so sad that our society thinks that it is media that causes children to grow up thinking violence is ok - or whatever it may be. Especially when you look at the history of the world and realize how prudish America is compared to all societies in all time periods in the whole world! It's crazy!

I so agree with with this statement you wrote: "However, having me waste time on alternate activities that I will probably never use, takes away time I could be devoting to my students" I am a pretty laid back parent and have always signed the slips if they came home. Good luck with the new changes.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I have a tooth ache and feel bad. I went to the Dentist today first thing because a crown came off my front tooth and I did not want to lose or swallow it. I also had something swelling up under a lower molar and wanted him to check it. I was able to sleep last night with ibuprofen and orajel. Right now it is staring to hurt badly; the Dentist has never given me pain pills. I think he does not like to give them out. My GP gives me good ones any time I need them. I wonder why my Dentist does not give them. He did say to call him and he would phone in a prescription if it got worse after he saw x-rays. I called a few minutes ago and hopefully he will call it in soon. I am a wimp when it comes to mouth pain. I just feel like :cry: and s087.gif . Sorry to be such a downer but I cannot think of anything but this pain in my mouth.
    Hope you have a better weekend than I’ll probably have.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

On a said note: In 7 weeks, I have lost 16 pounds... about 2.29 lbs a week is the average, if I don't count that I gained and lost 6 of those pounds somewhere in the middle. I know "why" I'm losing weight, but I am worried that it may be too fast. Any thoughts on that?

Everybody keep up the great work! Stay strong and make healthy choices! YOU CAN DO IT! :drinker:

I think that is a perfectly acceptable speed to lose weight. I've been on MFP for 8 weeks and I've lost 13. It's less than two pounds a week, so it should be permanent as long as you keep doing what you are doing! :) You are always such an inspiration.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness:

After arguing with my alarm clock and NOT believing that it was already 5am, I snoozed until 5:30 and finally drug myself out of the bed to do my morning workout. Today was not a C25K day, so all I planned on was doing the 30 Day Shred anyway.

For the weekend, I'm still planning to workout daily as I have been and plan on trying to eat really well. Friday is usually my splurge day, but I made sure to keep under on my lunch calories (as Robinsegg suggested) and am planning on enjoying a REALLY great dinner somewhere. After dinner I may see if the BF wants to hit the pool seeing as how all of the bad weather is finally gone. On Saturday I have C25K training where I'm moving up to 8 minute runs, and then Sunday is just a 30DS day too. I'm hoping that it all works out for the best.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I'll check in later!

~ Jana
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone,
    @Morgori. So sorry about your tooth. Toothache are one of the worst things. I be asking for pain pills too.
    @Robin Thanks for the great advice on food and the weekend.
    @LaurieK70 I am on the other side of school my daughter is going to try taking a couple of classes at the community college. This is a small step but in her journey. So we are excited.
    @tootsanderson moving yuk I hate the process but hey its a workout in itself.
    @monarchris --Good for you on walking Belle 2x's a day
    Great goal on walking to the mailbox.
    @naceto I am no expert but 2 lbs or so sounds good to me. But I am curious to hear what the others say. Those who have been doing this longer.
    Friday fitness goal is to keep walking the dog. I really want to add swimming haven't happened but planning it this Saturday. Food just keep doing what I am doing.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend.
    take care Liz
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

On a said note: In 7 weeks, I have lost 16 pounds... about 2.29 lbs a week is the average, if I don't count that I gained and lost 6 of those pounds somewhere in the middle. I know "why" I'm losing weight, but I am worried that it may be too fast. Any thoughts on that?

Everybody keep up the great work! Stay strong and make healthy choices! YOU CAN DO IT! :drinker:

I think that is a perfectly acceptable speed to lose weight. I've been on MFP for 8 weeks and I've lost 13. It's less than two pounds a week, so it should be permanent as long as you keep doing what you are doing! :) You are always such an inspiration.

It's pretty common for the weight loss rate to exceed 2 lbs/week for the first little while; it seems that for many of us here, it slowed down (and, in some cases, stalled for a while) near the 30-lbs mark. No worries. If you were dropping 5-10 lbs/week at this point, yeah, that's too fast. (Which was my caution to the person who was shooting for 50 lbs in 90 days.)

And 8 oz is a serving of water, to whoever asked about that. :) So a 32-oz glass is 4 servings of water; 3-4 of those a day is 12-16 cups, which is plenty!

My Friday Fitness: going out to a movie tonight, so planning to budget my calories to allow for some popcorn. On call tomorrow, so the eating will probably be awesome (usually is when I bring Bistro MD meals). No idea about Sunday, though I do plan to get a workout in on that day. Not sure I'm going to get caught up on workouts like I'd hoped, though; doubt I'll do any tonight or tomorrow. Oh well, there's always next week! :smile:
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Create a group. Thats what they are for. You cant have a closed forum on the open forum.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @tootsanderson moving yuk I hate the process but hey its a workout in itself.

yep, we figure that's the best thing about it. and to throw out more crap that needs tossed that would just sit around forever, were we not moving.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I have a tooth ache and feel bad. I went to the Dentist today first thing because a crown came off my front tooth and I did not want to lose or swallow it. I also had something swelling up under a lower molar and wanted him to check it. I was able to sleep last night with ibuprofen and orajel. Right now it is staring to hurt badly; the Dentist has never given me pain pills. I think he does not like to give them out. My GP gives me good ones any time I need them. I wonder why my Dentist does not give them. He did say to call him and he would phone in a prescription if it got worse after he saw x-rays. I called a few minutes ago and hopefully he will call it in soon. I am a wimp when it comes to mouth pain. I just feel like :cry: and s087.gif . Sorry to be such a downer but I cannot think of anything but this pain in my mouth.
    Hope you have a better weekend than I’ll probably have.

hope he orders something for you....there is no reason for you to be in pain!! I seems to take over your whole being when you hurt.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Dog bites and tooth aches! What an awful day for the two of you!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    so apparently it is friday....:laugh: I never know the day unless i come on here!! No exercise yet....too hot to walk and i just got the ok to do a 'little' exercise (post op).....gonna go play in my garden for a bit.....