All u 5'3" ladies out there

Options
I am 5'3" and weigh 136 currently. Down from 173 in November 2011. So I am thinking my goal weight is 130-133. Does this sound good?? What is your goal weight being same height as me?? Thanks!

Replies

• summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I thought my goal weight would be 125 lbs, but now that I am there, I still have a pot belly and would like to shoot for 120 lbs.
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeah I sttill have the unwanted belly too. Thats why i am think i may need to shoot for lower. Thanks!
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Started around 130-135, original goal weight 120, currently 115, aiming to lose a few more pounds but as long as my bf% is getting lower I'm not worrying about the scales. Your goal is very achievable.
  • candymapple
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I hold it all in the butt and thighs. I'm currently sitting between 129-134 depending on the day! I'm shooting for 125 lbs.
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey,

My goal weight would be 130 for now, and I'll see when I get there. Still have a long way to go...I'm currently at 174.8 as of this morning. :(
  • angelasayers
    Options
    I used the BMI tool on here to see where I land that might be a good place to start for you too. Then if its the tummy that bothers you try just focusing on toning that area.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3." My original goal weight was 125lb but now that I'm there, I'm shooting for 120 since I still have a little belly that I don't like. I've also focused more on strength training exercising to see if I can tone my body.
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You've done amazing well! I'm 5'3" and have a very small frame. My wrist measures slightly less than 5.4" around. I used to weigh 180+ lbs. That was May 2007. Today I weigh 119/ 121 lbs (depending on how much water I'm retaining). I've set my goal weight to be 112lbs but I'm not focused on that as much as I am the way I look. My goal is to tone and get a completely flat belly. If I can achieve that at 118 lbs, so be it. I would not continue losing so that I could get to 112. Does that make sense? For me the end result is not the weight but how I look and feel without clothes on. When I initially started the losing the weight, I had set 130lbs as my goal weight but when I got there, I wasn't happy with the way I looked so I kept working out and eating right in order for me to reach "what I want to look like". In short, don't compare your goal weight against others. Yes, you can certainly use it as a benchmark but set the goal for yourself. If you're happy with 130, that's all you need. One other thing,...girls who are 5'3" come in different frames. Some small, some medium and others large. 130lbs on a small frame gal will certainly look heavier than on someone with bigger bones.

Congrats again on your loss! Great job!
  • melissapoza
    Options
    I am also 5'2 1/2 to be exact :) I currently am at 173 :( I hold a ton of it in my butt and thighs as well because people are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh. I am looking to get back to 130-135 so that I think is a perfect goal that you have in mind. Good luck! :)
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 138. I started at 178 (in May) and am currently 156 so I have a ways to go.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" but I wiegh 120 and would like to go a little lower but if not, I at least want to tone up everywhere...my belly is not near as tight as I want it to be!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 136 currently. Down from 173 in November 2011. So I am thinking my goal weight is 130-133. Does this sound good?? What is your goal weight being same height as me?? Thanks!

awesome job! so jealous ;)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    5'3, currently 126. Want to get back down to 118, but really I just want to be strong, fast and get some more muscle definition!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and am most happy when I'm 112 pounds....I'm just starting a bulk, and am hoping to get up to 120, then cut to 115. :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It's really going to matter how you're built. Someone at our height with a tiny bone structure and normal muscle mass should shoot for a much smaller goal than 130, I'd think. Someone built more like me (muscly and big boned) might be okay at 130. That said, I hit 125 and decided I really wasn't where I wanted to be yet. I just don't have the work ethic to maintain anything much lower. LOL
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - I would love to be 130 :flowerforyou:
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you all eating?
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Started around 130-135, original goal weight 120, currently 115, aiming to lose a few more pounds but as long as my bf% is getting lower I'm not worrying about the scales. Your goal is very achievable.

Same here, I am 5'4" started 127, goal weight was 115, I am now 116 and I am aiming to lose a few more or gain muscle. My stomach is the last to go- very hard! But Achievable!
  • aph1421
    aph1421 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 137.5 lbs. My goal is 135. I have a large frame and a bf% of 21% right now, so I don't have much more fat to lose and I think I'll be really happy with 135. I'm happy now, but stubbornly trying to get to my goal even though I don't think it's necessary for improved health or fitness.
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 3" and currently 133.5lb. Did go up to 144lb as I gained a little when I quit smoking 5 months ago. Most of the excess I gained in the year preceading my quit. My goal is ideally 126lb as thats right in the middle of my BMI range, but if I can eventually get a little more off...maybe to 120lb then that would be fine too, but would not want to go any lower really as thats where my healthy happy feelings are.