Have you had any chocolate lately? :)

Options

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate crunch ice cream bar before dinner last night. And if I hadnt gotten the vodka out, I would have had one after dinner as well.

^^^this sounds like something I would do^^^
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I keep a bar of Lindt dark chocolate in my fridge and just have a couple squares whenever i'm craving it and it fits into my day.
    Giving up something you love to eat entirely makes no sense to me unless you have a medical reason to.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had a Thornton's chocolate and a chocolate brownie cookie yesterday. If you've got the calories have what you like. You can't deprive yourself of the foods you enjoy for ever and there's room in any healthy eating plan for treats. Just not mountains of them.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    If I have calories spare and I know I won't go hungry later I will have chocolate :D
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes... 5 minutes ago I had a sugar free pudding cup :) I try to eat clean but I would binge if I didn't treat myself
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Every day is chocolate day, Dark chocolate of excellent quality. Never leave home without it!
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon (yes I measure them) of semi-sweet Nestle chocolate chips. They are pure pleasure.
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    three words..you listening....cocoa roasted almonds (healthy protein choice that works for chocolate cravings)
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have chosolate on most days. Nutella, milk chocolate, chocolate-covered something...To me I decided to have whatever I want as long as it's in my calorie allowence. Today I had 1 1/2 cup of chocolate fudge ice cream for lunch and I don't mind one bit :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key - i was doing some chocolate everyday, but my lactose intolerance raised it's ugly head ... so now I need to watch my milk intake.

But don't "punish" yourself - if you want a treat, go for it, but keep the amount correct for your cals and log it - no cheating. Remember, you are trying to learn how to eat right, but also not make yourself miserable.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I eat a Deep Chocolate Vitatop with a glass of milk nearly everyday. YUM
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options

2g sugar! That's amazing... Thank you! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate covered almonds almost regularly
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate a lot. It's about portion control.

What I did at first was I bought those little individually wrapped Dove dark chocolate pieces. Dark chocolate is super rich, so you only need a little. If I had a sweet craving at the end of the day, I would have one (which only came to maybe 50 calories? Less even?) Satisfied my need for chocolate, and I didn't go over on my calories.

I've also replaced a lot of my sweets cravings with fruit, which has worked well too!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I frequently have 3 squares of Endangered Species Dark Chocolate (88% Cacao), 84 calories, if I have calories left at the end of the day.
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Do chocolate rolling papers and body paint count?

:tongue:
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I personally believe chocolate makes the world go round and could never live without it. I get mine in an protein bar or shake and my fav chocolate candy is frozen peppermint patties! Work out so you can eat your fav candy or cookie! It will and can fit in your budget. The ideal is not to over eat it. UGH! Which can be challenging! I eat awesome food but when it comes to sweets...I can go way overboard! Have a small ration of these and allot one a day.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I always have chocolate on hand. Sometimes it will be breakfast or lunch. Sometimes it is dessert with some red wine.

Lindt Excellence 85% chocolate (sometimes I go for 90% - only 3g sugar per serving):
    Ingredients: Chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, demerara sugar, bourbon vanilla beans

calories: 230 (from fat: 170)
    fat: 18g
    sat fat: 11g
    carb: 15g
    fiber: 6g
    sugars: 5g
    protein: 5g
    THE PERFECT MEAL. (even 25% of your RDA in iron)

Not bad at all. It's not the chocolate that's bad for you, it's the other crap that usually comes with the chocolate. I've heard a number of time that chocolate cravings can be a sign of magnesium deficiency but I don't know how much truth there is to that.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate - I try to stick to dark chocolate and I eat small amounts.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I had the most delicious microwave chocolate cake yesterday (recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com) and today's snack is a deep chocolate vitatop muffin. I love chocolate and eat it quite often :D