COMICS...YES, THOSE WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?

Options
UNTOLDSMILE
UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
Yep, I like to read and one of the things I like to read are comics. I think a good story is a good story no matter the source material. So, WHAT IS EVERYONE READING?!

Replies

• HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love comics, but I definitiely feel like a really wonderful one comes along a lot less frequently than standard novels :(

That said, I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Wonder Woman and Ed Brubaker's Deadenders.
  • thewinged
    Options
    I follow like...70+ webcomics. Yes. I have neatly sorted bookmarks in my browser and everything. I love me some comics <3
    Here is an excellent comic that everyone would like:
    http://paranatural.net/chapter-one/
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Love comics, but I definitiely feel like a really wonderful one comes along a lot less frequently than standard novels :(

That said, I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Wonder Woman and Ed Brubaker's Deadenders.

I agree with you on that. It's like every five or so years is when a really good one comes out. I just read Batman: Noel and loved it.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I likes me some Tank Girl (sadly hard to get in the US, especially older prints) and stuff from Zenescope even though they tend to be very "pin up" with their women. Loved their run of the "Return To Wonderland" series.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I follow like...70+ webcomics. Yes. I have neatly sorted bookmarks in my browser and everything. I love me some comics <3

Web comics seem to be taking off.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I likes me some Tank Girl (sadly hard to get in the US, especially older prints) and stuff from Zenescope even though they tend to be very "pin up" with their women. Loved their run of the "Return To Wonderland" series.

I have never heard of Zenescope.
  • thewinged
    Options

Yup, definitely a growing community. I love how much neat stuff is available for free, and I buy the books of my very favorite webcomic artists to support them and their work.

As for "regular" comics, I do like the Sandman series. I am also interested in X-men, but there are so many comics it is daunting and impossible to know where to start! So I just watch the Xmen cartoons...Nightcrawler is my favorite.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options

Yup, definitely a growing community. I love how much neat stuff is available for free, and I buy the books of my very favorite webcomic artists to support them and their work.

As for "regular" comics, I do like the Sandman series. I am also interested in X-men, but there are so many comics it is daunting and impossible to know where to start! So I just watch the Xmen cartoons...Nightcrawler is my favorite.

That's great that you support them. Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming to step into those ongoing books. I was always a Colossus guy. I loved his story.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That said, I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Wonder Woman

I just picked this up from the library today.

I'm not much of a comic reader but every now and then, a series does hook me. I read all of Sandman and Y: The Last Man. I read Fell and loved it and wish Warren Ellis would get back to it. I'm currently reading The Walking Dead.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    That said, I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Wonder Woman

I just picked this up from the library today.

I'm not much of a comic reader but every now and then, a series does hook me. I read all of Sandman and Y: The Last Man. I read Fell and loved it and wish Warren Ellis would get back to it. I'm currently reading The Walking Dead.

Someone else said Y the last man was good in another post as well. I may have to check it out.
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Captain America...<3
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Captain America...<3

I haven't read that book in years. Civil War was a great Captain America story.
  • BecTech
    Options
    Captain America...<3

ow...my heart...
    Civil war..

hehe
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Captain America...<3

ow...my heart...
    Civil war..

hehe

It's gooood lol!
  • BecTech
    Options
    Captain America...<3

ow...my heart...
    Civil war..

hehe

It's gooood lol!

Good but SAD
    I can't take it!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    DC
    Green Arrow
    JL
    Batman

Marvel
    Xmen vs Avengers

Other
    Buffy
    Angel and Faith
    Hack & Slash
    Walking Dead

I also got a Marvel Unlimited digital subscription so I may or may not read comics at work. >.>
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Rereading Umbrella Academy for the umteenth time. Also, this http://cannibalcoalition.com/ because everyone loves cannibals. And pirates.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    DC
    Green Arrow
    JL
    Batman

Marvel
    Xmen vs Avengers

Other
    Buffy
    Angel and Faith
    Hack & Slash
    Walking Dead

I also got a Marvel Unlimited digital subscription so I may or may not read comics at work. >.>

Great choices man!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    We collect comics :) we have a #8 Phantom in mint connection. Reading here though is not comics.... we never read them. But we do however love Dean Koontz :)
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do web comics count? The only one I really check often is Oglaf. (MA only if you're not sure, def nsfw)