Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies look wonderful! I will try and get some pictures posted on this thread soon. Keep up the great work!
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

I'd buy this except for my big hands that go along with my big wrists! :)

Love all the pics and ladies on this thread -- if there's a group with y'all, I want to join it!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That's why the wrist measurement vs. height is the more accurate indicator. ;)
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", large-boned hourglass with a 6.55" wrist. I have always been buxon and curvy.

Here is a pic of me at my highest weight. The photo was taken not long after I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism (about 5 years ago). I gained about 50 extra pounds in a relatively short time, despite eating healthy and staying active. Here I am at around 250lbs and was wearing a size 18W or 20. I don't think I kept any 'full body' shots, around that time! I was so unhappy.

Image1.png

...and here I am today in a 14/16 (38DDD). I still want to lose another dress size or two. (My goal is a size 12/14.) I realize that, even when I reach my goal size, I'll still be considered "plus sized"... I don't really care as long as I'm healthy and happy with the way I look. :-)

poppy.png

I disregard the scale and only weigh myself once every few months to make sure I'm eating enough for my weight, and to keep my HRM measurements accurate. I run and Zumba 4-5 times a week, eat back my exercise calories, and am getting stronger and healthier by the day! YAY!

Seriously... you should be a model. Wow!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    5'5 big boned hourglass figure starting to show up.

35ibsgone.jpg
  • EyeBite
    EyeBite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see posted pictures. I love looking at before and afters.
  • EyeBite
    Options
    Heaviestweightfrontview-1.jpg

33lbslostfrontview-1.jpg

This is my before and after pics.39lbs down.

Honey, you look great!
  • EyeBite
    Options
    I started my journey over 6 years ago. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure. Many ups and downs. I started at 396.4 and am currently at 227.8. I still have about 55 lbs to go. I am 5'10.
    ALICYNHALL1.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg

Wow! That's amazing...wow is about nearly all I can say.
  • EyeBite
    Options
    Ok here are mine

This picture is from April2012 206lbs
    DSCF3421.jpg

This one is from July 2012 184lbs
    DSCF3613.jpg

Still work in progress!

!! Woot woot. You look like a shapely doll. I'm about at your starting weight.
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and started at 214 pounds... check it out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/609691-micha-s-progress-pics
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I started my journey over 6 years ago. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure. Many ups and downs. I started at 396.4 and am currently at 227.8. I still have about 55 lbs to go. I am 5'10.
    ALICYNHALL1.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg

Youre doing great!!!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    weightlossmonkey2jpg.jpg

cause u cant see all of it and i dont feel like fixing it..anyways SW 225 CW 181
    http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r545/livilou2011/weightlossmonkey2jpg.jpg
  • EyeBite
    Options
    I am 5'7". I started at 250. The before/after is at 50 lbs down. The pink bra is today, 60 lbs down. I think I have about 40 lbs to go.

IMG00067-20110527-1655_23.jpg

IMG00237-20120729-1616.jpg

Smoking :love:
  • EyeBite
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", large-boned hourglass with a 6.55" wrist. I have always been buxon and curvy.

Here is a pic of me at my highest weight. The photo was taken not long after I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism (about 5 years ago). I gained about 50 extra pounds in a relatively short time, despite eating healthy and staying active. Here I am at around 250lbs and was wearing a size 18W or 20. I don't think I kept any 'full body' shots, around that time! I was so unhappy.

Image1.png

...and here I am today in a 14/16 (38DDD). I still want to lose another dress size or two. (My goal is a size 12/14.) I realize that, even when I reach my goal size, I'll still be considered "plus sized"... I don't really care as long as I'm healthy and happy with the way I look. :-)

poppy.png

I disregard the scale and only weigh myself once every few months to make sure I'm eating enough for my weight, and to keep my HRM measurements accurate. I run and Zumba 4-5 times a week, eat back my exercise calories, and am getting stronger and healthier by the day! YAY!

It's nice to see a beautiful, shapely woman realize that she is exactly that and not shooting for a number just b//c. You really should be a model, you're a knock out....no seriously.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should show these or not since I'm back up 15 lbs, but I lost 28 last year and here's the difference.

I'm 5'11. I actually started at 196 but didn't take a picture right to start.

Before
    BeforeCollage.jpg

After
    Currentweight.jpg

You look fantastic! My goal body is pretty much what yours is.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I have a large frame. I'm 5'7" and my wrist is 7". I have broad shoulders, super wide hips and man calves lol. My before picture is from when I was around 350. As of today, I'm at 234.8 (and that's the first time I've ever posted my weight on here - big step for me). My Wii told me I need to be 140, but I think I'd look awful. I'm shooting more for 160-170-ish.

progress.jpg

ETA: All of you ladies that have posted photos look AMAZING! <3

You look 15 years younger!!! Way to go!
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Image1.png

poppy.png

Oh my gosh! You are perfect! Seriously you should model. I hope my body looks that curvy and amazing after all this :) I currently wear a 16 too but not a sexy 16 lol
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Image1.png

poppy.png

Seriously... you should be a model. Wow!

I agree, if you were in a catalogue, I'd totally buy what you're selling. Love!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    6'

Collages2.jpg

this ^^^
    Congratulations! awesome transformation!
  • Irisheyes88
    Options
    I'd like to see these also I have always been larger framed wide shoulders, vert tall 5'9 almost 5'10 even at my smallest in high school I was 155 and a size 8/7.

HT: 5'9
    CWT: 222(in current photo)
    GWT: 165

after goal weight: 155
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!