Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i log most ahead as I prep breakfast/lunch/ snacks before I leave for work. I log any extras as they happen (like coffee for example). I don't always know what dinner is so I log that after it happens or while I'm cooking (so I don't go over).
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    i usually only pre-log my work meals since i can't have my phone there, otherwise i log as i go.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Both. But I do think it's kind of fun to pre-log the next day before going to bed. lol Maybe I'm just a dork. *shrugs* :)

Hahaha me too! Because I pre-log it means I'm pre-planning so I can get together some really yummy things that I really enjoy eating that meet what I need without being boring.
    It helps me get excited about what I'm eating the next day so I don't deviate from the plan going 'Urrg green apples AGAIN!' and wander to the vending machine..... Instead I'm counting down the time till lunch YAY TUNA ON RYE TIME!
    Also when I realise that I have enough cals left over I can have a scoop of ice cream or a piece of chocolate is like WHOO HOO! I'm doing something right! I'm not skimping on other meals to make room for it, I've just made super choices!
  • lucyandethel22
    Options
    I pre-log a week at a time. That way I can figure out what i need to buy at the store for that week since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping :)
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i pre-log if i know i am going to have a bigger meal so i can plan the rest of the day accordinely. like if we are going out for dinner, or holiday meals
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I pre-log during the week and adjust if needed (this really helps me stay on track during the week); keep in mind I also make my meals for each day the night before. Now, if only I'd do this on the weekend...I'd do SO much better on the WEEKENDs!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I pre-log for the next day so I can plan what to take with me for breakfast and lunch and know what I will be making for dinner. I find that if I plan ahead I am not as tempted to snack all day. I am flexible though. I often tweak my diary as I go through the day. I enjoy pre-logging and it helps me feel more in control of my eating.
  • Jhingz
    Jhingz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    no.
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's 6:30am and my diary is filled minus supper. It helps hold me accountable. Sometimes I prelog my workouts too. If I don't feel like doing them, I see they're already logged and have no excuse!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do it the night before so I know what I'll be eating and how my macros will end up. Helps keep me away from not so healthy stuff to snack on cause my food diary is already complete!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. Many times my plans change.
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I "mock log". MFP is great for modelling that "eat rubbish and feel guilty afterwards" cycle, without actually having to sacrifice the calories before realising it was a mistake.

I have cravings about once a week for something really bad....completely blow-out. For example, I started to obsess on the bus about a McDonalds meal for lunch. I couldn't get it out of my head. So, I whipped out my app and plugged in the meal. How did I feel? Well, much like I would have felt 2 hours after having scoffed the meal:
    1. Hungry again
    2. Guilty
    3. Horrified at the idea that I now only had 150 calories left to make a fulfilling dinner

Was it worth it? No. Did I then jump off the bus and carry out my McDonalds fantasy for real? Of course not.

Success.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pre-Log all the way.....it's the only way to eat. :)
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    I try to log as I go. If I have to go back and log then my calories are often higher than I expected. Then I have to make up for it with a late night work out.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I log as I go until before dinner. It is my favorite meal. So I usually log what I'm planning to eat for dinner before so I can adjust if needed.
  • Blondefitbarbie
    Options
    I plan ahead, but I eat the same breakfast and lunch most days and meals for dinner are pre-planned at the beginning of the week, so it's easy.
  • bootnec
    bootnec Posts: 3
    Options
    pre log breakfast and lunch to ensure I am on track for the day
  • Mishadijo
    Mishadijo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Absolutely... .very often!! In my line of work restaurants are frequent.... Logging ahead tremendously helps me to stay within my daily limit and at the same time... really have foods I enjoy.

So any day I know where it will be challenging... I try to log ahead... I may adjust it sometime throughout the day to tweak slightly as my cravings may vary somewhat as day unfolds... But for the most part stick to it. And I find it really really helps me.
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I pre-log all the time... But sticking to it is another story
  • skatardrummer
    skatardrummer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I log ahead usually in the morning then adjust as needing throughout the day. It helps me not go over.

Same