RUNNERS!!!!

Options

Replies

• _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I run 4-5 days a week, training for a half marathon in October.
  • ashleyjoy80
    Options
    I'm a runner too!! Feel free to add me. I actually log my runs on dailymile so it can keep track of my miles and I do it here too. I love dailymile for the motivation from other runners.
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    I started running about 7 months ago, and I hated it at first but now I love it! I would always say "I'm not a runner, I'm just not built for it and never will be." But it was just an excuse. A friend talked me into running my first 5k with her this May and it was so fun that I have done 3 more since then, and plan to do a few more yet this summer! I'm not fast, my fastest 5k was only 33 mins but I would like to improve my speed and distance and eventually move up to a 10k race. Feel free to add me!
  • LoNCole
    LoNCole Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the c25k program now and love it! I have my first 5k is sept, the color run. I would love so more running friends. After I finish the c25k program I have no clue what to do next.
  • nickwylie
    Options
    I run too, not fast, but I get there. I have worked my way up to 80min running then ripped the calf muscle. So after the last 6 months off, I am back up to 5 km. Loving the lighter evenings here so I can run when hubby gets home from work (here is NZ). I have run 3 10kms and a few 5kms. Feel free to add me :o) I would request but have no idea how to do that!!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too, but a newbie (did c25k in the spring, just 2 5k's under my belt). Friend request sent!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Invite sent.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just started running about 3 months ago so you can add me if you want. i did c25k and completed my first 5k a week ago with a time of 28:19. haven't gotten anywhere close to that this week as my legs are still pretty sore... so i'm taking it easy for a little bit. but in a few weeks plan to get back into running again.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    i love to run! request sent
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll send a request. Just finished 5k #3 today after doing C25K and finishing it in July. Working on C210k now but it's tough!
  • LaurianRocks
    LaurianRocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I <3 running, Its hard to find friends that run. :(
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love running, but running does not love me. I miss it ALOT. My knees and age keep me from doing it as much. I'll still get on my elliptical and get my 5 miles but its not the same. I try to get an outside run in once a week.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    invite sent.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a new lover to running!! Prefer trail running to road or track running! Was always a hiker before...but, there is nothing like running trails in the woods!
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    Invite sent.

I'm a newbie runner; I started running in January but am just getting back in the groove after resting a stress fracture this summer. By May I was running 3 miles in 30 mins and was hoping to compete in a few 5Ks this fall, but I'm starting out slow again with walk/run intervals.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Friend request sent. I've been running a little over a year. I've done a few 5k races and a 10k as well as a Warrior Dash. I may not be the fastest, but I am getting faster :smile: I wouldn't mind another MFP friend who runs :smile:
  • evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love running! Just started getting serious about it in March. I'm training for a half marathon right now; my goal is to finish! Lol, at about an 8:30 mile right now, working towards 8:15. Sending request now :)
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Got off the couch in January. Will run my second half M next week. My training runs are a mix of intervals, pace and slow easy. Always looking for runners to share motivation and tips.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sending invite! I started 2 years ago and am now training for my first marathon in Nov! i've done several 5k's and going for my 5th half next month! def not that fast, but the only person i compete with is myself :)