TATTOOOOOOSSS

Options

Replies

• jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo once I've reached my goal and kept the wieght off for a few months. This way I have incentive to lose weight and time to think on the tattoo before I get it. If I can't live with the design for a year, I don't want it on my body for the rest of my life!

These are the 2 I'm trying to decide between:

www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-view.asp?sku=LIF-00034&k=lily&page=1

www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-view.asp?sku=BTF-00068&k=lily&page=1
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ∫exy - it doesn't translate well here

:laugh: love it!

Unfortunately, 2 of my 3 are terrible. I got them on vacation with my friends and sisters about 2 years ago. My sisters took us to this "great" place which gave me the worst, most lopsided, boring black tattoos. Sigh. They are on my inner right ankle, each about 1' square: the supposedly celtic symbol for "friend/togetherness" and then "little sister" in Japanese. Besides the fact that they are poorly done and very stark against my pale legs, I don't really like the randomness. No offense to anyone else, but Japanese is something that just about EVERYONE does and I don't know why. Oh well. Alcohol + vacation + friends were to blame. I wish I could figure out a good coverup or even get them removed someday. :ohwell: It also sucks because I work in an office and basically can never wear a skirt or capris to work. :mad: Stupid cultural norms.

Last summer I got one of my back that I absolutely love! It's three herons, done very delicately in black and gray, between my shoulder blades. Herons are special to my family - to see them flying over us on a trip in particular would mean good luck.

I can't wait to get another one! I'm going to go with a large rib tattoo down my side I think. :happy:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

I can't wait to get another one! I'm going to go with a large rib tattoo down my side I think. :happy:

i would love to get more work done on my ribs/side...great idea!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

i would love to get more work done on my ribs/side...great idea!

Indeed, excellent.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    So I went today and checked out the new tattoo guy.

Regretably, he sucks. :frown:

So I am still on the hunt. If anyone knows a decent artist in the western NC area, float his name my way. I have a lot of work I would like done, from the Labarum on my chest to the wings on my back, I also kinda want to weave my big tribal over my shoulders, but that's stuff I have to work out.

Anyway, can't win them all. :ohwell:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

So I am still on the hunt. If anyone knows a decent artist in the western NC area, float his name my way. I have a lot of work I would like done, from the Labarum on my chest to the wings on my back, I also kinda want to weave my big tribal over my shoulders, but that's stuff I have to work out.

I'm friends with some amazing artists in West TX that I had the opportunity to work with,,, if you're ever in MY neck of the woods, holler.. my shower works now... :tongue:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The guy in Evansville, IN who did my heron tattoo was SO INCREDIBLY GOOD. I wish I could fly back there to get my next one. :cry:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

I'm friends with some amazing artists in West TX that I had the opportunity to work with,,, if you're ever in MY neck of the woods, holler.. my shower works now... :tongue:

Haha right on. :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Off topic..sorry.......but where in NC are you Sarge? I was in NC and SC in November for a wedding. We flew into Charlotte and then drove and stayed in Greenville, SC. Anywhere near there? (I don't know much about the South, sorry!! :blushing: )
  • honeybee71
    honeybee71 Posts: 47
    Options
    Just one. It's the chinese character for dream on my lower back. I'd like to continue up my spine with Live Love Laugh, but no cash right now. Oh yeah it's solid black. The guy who did it said that I handled it better than anyone he'd ever seen. (I was sooo proud)
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I am in north west NC, near the tennesee and virginia border. (Up in them mountains. And it's AppaLATCHUN, not AppaLAYTION :mad: ). We are about 2 hours Northwestfrom Charlotte, and 2.5 hours or so north from Greenville.
  • Manda86
    Options
    I am in north west NC, near the tennesee and virginia border. (Up in them mountains. And it's AppaLATCHUN, not AppaLAYTION :mad: ). We are about 2 hours Northwestfrom Charlotte, and 2.5 hours or so north from Greenville.

I know kinda where that is- my cousin lives in Charlotte- I've only been there once, though- it was so pretty...
  • Manda86
    Options
    oops! That's gorgeous! You're a lucky man, Sarge... I live in the middle of the desert.. *sigh*
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Niiiice! Looks like some great hiking around there!! I :heart: hiking!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I have 10 piercings...double lobes, and industrial and an orbital, tounge and bellybutton, and well the other two you can kinda figure out :tongue: (.)(.)

I also have a dolphin tat behind my left ear, cherries on my hip and a baby tiger cub with daisies on my lower back with butterflies going all the way up my spine, ending with one big on between my shoulderblades. Ya, I'd say I'm totally addicted! :happy:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Hey Sarge. I posted a picture of my tattoo on my profile. It was done here in my hometown by an AWESOME artist. The pic on my profile was taken off tattooartists.org. You might be able to find someone on that website near you.

Good luck. I want another one too!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Hey Sarge. I posted a picture of my tattoo on my profile. It was done here in my hometown by an AWESOME artist. The pic on my profile was taken off tattooartists.org. You might be able to find someone on that website near you.

Good luck. I want another one too!

Hey Cheer, thanks for the assist!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring!! :sad: :sad:

I guess I'm boring too! I've thought about getting one, but alass...I haven't...I'm too much of a chicken.
    ( acutally afraid I won't like it after I have it done)
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE tattoos, but so far I only have 3..

A butterfly on my hip with skulls worked into the wings (sounds weird but it looks awesome), I have a sleeping faery on my foot, and a tribal piece with skulls in it down my right side (ribcage...:sad: ouch.)

As for piercings, i have my tongue, my belly button, my nose, and my ears. I will never get another piercing ever! lol, I'm a wuss and I can't handle piercings... (But i can handle a 3 hour rib cage tattoo? :noway: )

Ready for more TATTOOS!